Thread: Grip strength- turnover to maximal strength in other exercises

Hybrid View

Grip strength- turnover to maximal strength in other exercises

I read an interesting section of an article by Dr. Ken L. today. He said at one point in his training he was doing SLDLs with 350lbs for 15 reps with straps. He was stuck there plateaued for several months, when he decided to stop using straps. Of course at first the weight he could use was lessened, but he eventually built up to his old weight and surpassed it quickly thereafter.

The nerves in the hands are extremely numerous and complex when compared to other larger parts of the body. There is some research that states that exercises that involve the hands and grip to a great degree can have some effect on the total neuromuscular adaption and effeciency of the exercises. This means that potentially not using straps or hindering the grip stimulation in an exercise could push your strength to greater potential levels.

Of course this isn't completely for sure, but what do you guys think anyway?

bone crusher
    I'd be interested to read more about this if you could post some links or souces

I believe it.

I'm with Chris - I also believe it.

I never wear straps, even when everyone else on the team does. The way I see it, how you gonna get bigger using short-cuts...
    Southern Pride !

Originally posted by the doc
    I'd be interested to read more about this if you could post some links or souces
    I'll try to find some. Its suprisingly hard to find anything good on the net about Dr. Ken without having to search for hours.

id be interested in this. Im going to search pub med later.

Kc