Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gallon Challenge

Wannabebig Member

Gallon Challenge

I'm sure that most of you guys/gals drink a lot of milk. Has anyone here attempted to drink one gallon of milk in one hour?

According to most 'Gallon Challenge' rules, one must drink the milk in one hour and keep it down for an hour after consuming it. Also, the milk has to be 2% or whole.

I hear bad things about doing it, beware
    Last edited by SoulOfKoRea; 07-07-2003 at 07:20 AM.
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

when i was on vacation, 3 of my friends bought a gallon of coholate milk and between the 3 of them drank it in about 10-15 minutes, 2 of them ended up puking afterwords and the other felt like crap.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
    when i was on vacation, 3 of my friends bought a gallon of coholate milk and between the 3 of them drank it in about 10-15 minutes, 2 of them ended up puking afterwords and the other felt like crap.
    How did the two friends feel after they puked?

Do that voodoo that he do
    Probably as well as expected after puking up 1/3 of a gallon of cold chocolate milk.

don't try to funnel water, cuz you can drown. true story.
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    It's something I'd like to train for. But drinking it in one hour would be very easy... I mean, one could drink half a gallon, pee it then drink the other half in one hour.

I regularly drink a liter of chocolate milk in like 6 minutes without feeling anything special afterward. Quick way to get some good calories (ideal for my pauses at work).

I love milk.

I guess the challenge done with whole milk would be a very hard challenge.
    Last edited by Bruise Brubaker; 07-07-2003 at 10:15 AM.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Well, sounds like an easy challenge. But, my arteries will probably be clogged after that
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Wannabebig Member
    I have heard people claim that it's physically IMPOSSIBLE for our stomachs to handle that much milk (I am not talking about volume).

thoughts...
    Last edited by T-Bone976; 07-07-2003 at 12:46 PM.

soemthing about how the human stomach hasn't evolved enough for milk...

discuss...
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

Originally posted by AdamGberg
    soemthing about how the human stomach hasn't evolved enough for milk...

discuss...
    Well as far as I know humans are the only mammals that continue to drink milk after being weened from their mother's milk.

With that being said some argue that it is natural for humans to lose the ability to digest milk, hence the reason for the high number of people who experience some degree of lactose intolerance.

Wannabebig Member
    I did the gallon challenge last september with skim milk and completed it in just over 40 minutes. I am not sure I could have handled it with whole milk.

There were about 20 people or so from a freshman dorm that attempted. 1/2 quit within 20 minutes and the other half put on a fairly artistic puking show.

Some interesting thoughts:

1) Almost everyone that puked felt far better afterwards.

2) The people that drank the most milk consistently came closest to finishing. At that time I was probably consuming several gallons a week. So in my mind, you can definitely build up tolerance for it.

3) Tbone...it may be nearly impossible for the stomach to utilize and digest that much milk. Most of it went right through my system unprocessed basically.

4) Magnus, time doesn't seem to be such a big factor in it. Drinking 1/2 gallon in 10 minutes is easy, but after that it all got much more difficult. So you can't really compare drinking 1liter in 6 minutes to the gallon challenge. And I agree, whole milk would be insane.

My strategy was just to consume as much as I could as quickly as I could, leaving just enough to know I could leisurely finish it. The volume issue definitely made things a bit uncomfortable.

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by Cardinal
    I did the gallon challenge last september with skim milk and completed it in just over 40 minutes. I am not sure I could have handled it with whole milk.

There were about 20 people or so from a freshman dorm that attempted. 1/2 quit within 20 minutes and the other half put on a fairly artistic puking show.

Some interesting thoughts:

1) Almost everyone that puked felt far better afterwards.

2) The people that drank the most milk consistently came closest to finishing. At that time I was probably consuming several gallons a week. So in my mind, you can definitely build up tolerance for it.

3) Tbone...it may be nearly impossible for the stomach to utilize and digest that much milk. Most of it went right through my system unprocessed basically.

4) Magnus, time doesn't seem to be such a big factor in it. Drinking 1/2 gallon in 10 minutes is easy, but after that it all got much more difficult. So you can't really compare drinking 1liter in 6 minutes to the gallon challenge. And I agree, whole milk would be insane.

My strategy was just to consume as much as I could as quickly as I could, leaving just enough to know I could leisurely finish it. The volume issue definitely made things a bit uncomfortable.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Did you do this on an empty stomach?

Wannabebig Member
    I didn't have anything to eat for a couple of hours before doing it. Nor did I have anything to eat for the rest of the night =D.

It seems like it would be a lot more fun to try this with high GI cereal and milk. Refeeds anyone?

If I did that, I would work out first. That elevated metabolism might help

Always bad with diet
    i've lost the ability to digest milk myself. As a youngster I used to drink milk like it was going out of style. Although I still enjoy the taste, I can no longer drink it as it only gives me terrible stomach cramps which ends with a painful trip to the bathroom for an extended period of time. Milk doesnt do this body good anymore.

Do you buy lactose free milk?

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    Losing my abily to digest milk would be my worst nightmare. Milk tastes so good.

this is not a challenge i could do this in half an hr

once in a 2 hr period (before i ever set eyes on a weight)

i had a big taco salad 1 quart of chocolate milk

steak fingers basket w fries and 1 quart of chocolate milk

rib basket 1 quart of chocolate milk

small pizza 1 quart chocolate milk
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

Do that voodoo that he do
    Originally posted by Bam Bam
    this is not a challenge i could do this in half an hr

once in a 2 hr period (before i ever set eyes on a weight)

i had a big taco salad 1 quart of chocolate milk

steak fingers basket w fries and 1 quart of chocolate milk

rib basket 1 quart of chocolate milk

small pizza 1 quart chocolate milk
    Bam, I think that the food makes it easier. Something about it just being straight milk is the kicker.

I honestly don't know, I've never tried it myself (nor do I intend to). I could be totally off base.

Kobayashi could do it

The Big Show could prolly do it like it was nothing
    Originally posted by Gyno Rhino

I've gotten diseases from standard sex, but never from doin' the deed in front of my computer screen with Palmela.

Wannabebig Member

did it

Well, I took the challenge this weekend. I drank 1/2 a gallon of 1% in 15 minutes. After 30 minutes, I had about 3 (12 oz) glasses to drink. I felt so crappy that I wanted to throw up so I pounded a glass and it allllll came back up
    I didn't really do this with the hope that I could actually hold down an entire gallon of milk. After I lost it, I finished the remaining milk in the jug (I don't recommend this) just so that I could say that I drank an entire gallon in under an hour. I think that the official time was about 45 minutes.

Does it count if you puke? I think you should have to re-drink what you barfed back up to say you had a whole gallon.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Get Big!!!
    Originally posted by bradley

Well as far as I know humans are the only mammals that continue to drink milk after being weened from their mother's milk.

With that being said some argue that it is natural for humans to lose the ability to digest milk, hence the reason for the high number of people who experience some degree of lactose intolerance.
    Lactose intolerance is due to the body's lack of production of the enzyme lactase. Without this enzyme, lactose cannot be broken down. Hence the reason persons without this enzyme vomit after drinking milk. It is the bodies way of expelling the abrasive substance. Just thought I would piggyback on what was said.