The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Big Brat

My Cutting journal!!!

Alright I think its about time I add my journal entries here where they're safer and I can depend on em', I'm an 18 year old student and have been working out for 2 years and have been lifting seriously for the past year. First thing you'll notice when you read my journal is I am on a real crazily tough and strict cut (I mean strict). My intake consists of approximatly 250grams protien(all from healthy sources), carbs are under 30grams on non-big body part days, and under 50 grams on big body part days(where I usually add oatmeal post-workout). Fat is low and all from healthy sources such as flax, fish, olive oil, and reaches about 30g.

I'm a female(duh) thus I must work 10 times harder to lose my stubborn stick on fat then a male, Body fat percentage is about 19% My goal is to get it down to about 16%. My workouts are usually hardcore, I workout 6 days a week, take gymnastics twice a week and hip hop/ballet dance classes twice a week, I go to the gym 5 days a week for wieght training I train each body part seperately in the following category:
    Day 1-Chest
    Day 2-shouldars
    Day 3-Hamstrings/back
    Day 4-arms(supersets)
    Day 5-Quads, Calves
    Since its a cut I do about 11-12 reps for 4 sets at my absolute max, wieghts I continue to increase!!

As for the cardio note I've been on this diet for about 2 months, and when I first started I got about 20 mins Interval cardio 6 days a week, then I plateaued so I've changed it to 30-45mins cardio 5 days a week!!

Refeeds/cheat days are once every 1.5 to 2 weeks or every 10-14 days,(they used to be every 6-7 days but changed after I plateaued) and I find them very helpful in keeping me on track!!

Yeah I think thats about it I'll post a couple extra journal entries from the last few days to start things off.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Big Brat
    June 18/03
    I was able to stick 110% to the diet!! I went to the gym dead sick(cold and congested) I did shouldars superset then 40mins on epilliptical had to stop now and then for a breather though!! Then had a 6 hour work shift!!

Workout:
    db Bicep Curls 4 sets
    pressdowns(cable) 4 sets
    Cable curls 4 sets
    Tricep press's 4 sets
    Ez bar curls 4 sets
    Rope Extension(tries) 4 sets

Intake as following:
    -2 scoops whey, flax
    *workout*
    -2 scoops whey and green apple and flax
    -2 fish filets(each 95cals, 17g prot, 3gfat, 0gcarbs) with broccoli and spinach and flax.
    -2 cans tuna with spinach saled and flax
    -2 scoops whey with pb

Total 245grams protien, 30 grams carbs, and 30 grams fat
    total 4000mg flax, it comes to an overall total of 1400-1500cals.

Eating similar to this past week!!

ok, let me be the first to officially your journal! welcome to WBB!
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Jack Burton - Owner of the Pork Chop Express

Big Brat
    For June 19/03 Crazy day today, I went to pilates class today to work on my abs,(I go once a week usually) did Quads/Calves, Then I did 30 mins on the stairmaster Interval(went up to level 16).

Workout as following:
    -Pilates class 1 hour
    Gym:
    -Leg Extension 4 sets
    -Hacksquats 4sets
    -Lunges(20 backwards and forward) 4 sets
    -standing calf raises w/wieghts 4sets
    -seated calf raises 4 sets

Then 30 mins on the stairmaster!!

GAWD the pain in my legs I shouldn't do that long on the stairmaster after Quads, my butt HURTS, and right now I still cannot bend down to pick up the frickin pen!!

Intake as following:
    -2 scoops whey with pb flax
    -2 scoops whey flax
    -2 fish filets with large amount of greens
    *workout*
    -2 scoops whey with 1 green apple then oatmeal when I got home
    -tuna with spinach flax
    -2 scoops whey

that comes to 265g protien 50 grams carbs, and 30 grams fat that comes to 1500-1600 cals!!

Big Brat
    Originally posted by Wolverine
    ok, let me be the first to officially your journal! welcome to WBB!
    Thanks wolverine, nice to hear from you!!

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

hey hey babe
    good luck with everything!!
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

Big Brat
    Kimpy Hey girl whats up!! Glad to see you around here!!

Big Brat
    Nice to see some familiar faces, anyway as for June 20/03 since I did 5 days in a row at the gym I didn't go today I Had gymnastics though, and thats a workout in itself!! plus my parents are having a garage sale and I spent alot of time lugging things around, then I had the early 4 hour workshift!!

Workout gymnastics: 2 hours and Garage saling

Intake as following:

-2 scoops whey pb flax
    -2 cans tuna with spinach flax
    *gymnastics*
    -1.5 scoops with 1 green apple
    -chicken with large saled and broccoli
    -chicken with broccoli flax
    -2 scoops whey

thats like 270 grams protien. 25 grams carbs and 30 grams fat comes to about 1450 cals
    Last edited by Sara; 06-21-2003 at 11:22 PM.

Big Brat
    As for June 21/03 it was my al out day off of the gym(boy did I need it) but not off my cut diet!! Though I had a really long work shift today from 10 am to 7:15 pm

Intake as following:
    -2 scoops whey and pb, flax
    -chicken with broccoli and fibre, flax
    -tuna with green beans(lots) and flax
    -chicken with greens, flax
    -chicken with greens and saled
    -2 scoops whey

Today was tough MOM was baking all day so much good carb rich goodies(yes sav including fresh bread) and homemade cake and icing , then dad bought home Ice cream the cookie dough kind ARGH!! yet still I didn't touch a thing!! Was good!!

Comes to 250 grams protien, 15 grams carbs and 30 grams fat.

i want to come by your house if your Mom was baking goodies all day!!!!

Big Brat
    Originally posted by Wolverine
    i want to come by your house if your Mom was baking goodies all day!!!!
    If you can fnish up everything and get the smell out, I'd really appriciate it I haven't had sugar in awhile and I'm starting to go crazy!!

oh no problem there, believe me lol

yo sarh- yo made it. ill be checking on yo here quite a bit. keep up the good work.

ybw

Welcome to the boards. Good luck with your goals and keep us posted. Looks like a good journal. I think i'll drop by here often. Peace.

-Prune
    The world acording to prune

If you can't be a good example, at least be a terrible warning.

Big Brat
    Hey Yobrickwall, thanks same to you pruneman!!

Not sure what you look like, but a female journal is nothing without him, so heeeeeeeeres humpy!!

Good luck with the goals, and that IS one hella-strict diet!!
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Best of luck with everything Sara, glad to have you around!

Big Brat
    LOL @ the hump!! But thanks for all the feedback!!

Big Brat
    June 22/03
    I was supposed to do chest at the gym but my mom wouldn't let me go, she made me help out at the garage sale in the morning cause my dad had to work then I had a 8 hour work shift from 11:15-7:15. I still remained on my diet today!!

Thing that sucked is my mom ordered pizza for the entire family(thats 4 pizzas) and she ordered me some and I can't eat it today, and she knows its my favirote food and I warned her about ordering pizza when I can't eat it and she went ahead and ordered anyway, , so here I am, the house now smelling of delicious moth melting pizza and I'm sitting here with my carb-free whey protien which tastes like crap!!

I still didn't touch that beautiful pizza aargghhhh!! I was so b***hy at work today, I got a rude customer and my low carb attitude made me talk back at her fat, sundae licking ass!! Hope she feels as crappy as I do!! I get so irritated when I'm carb deprived!!

Intake as following:
    -2 scoops whey and pb, flax
    -chicken with greens saled, flax
    -2 cans tuna with green beans,flax
    -large fish filet with green beans, flax
    -2 scoops whey
    -2 scoops whey, pb

total 255 grams protien, 15 grams carbs and 35 grams fat!!
    Last edited by Sara; 06-22-2003 at 07:57 PM.

Mystic Eric
    It'd probably be a better idea to not have straight up whey as your last protein source of the day.

As well, if you're gonna have just straight up whey as your first meal, it'd be better if you included a carb source with it.

Oh, and I think that your carb intake is waaaaay too low.
    Last edited by Mystic Eric; 06-22-2003 at 08:10 PM.

Big Brat
    Originally posted by Mystic Eric
    It'd probably be a better idea to not have straight up whey as your last protein source of the day.

As well, if you're gonna have just straight up whey as your first meal, it'd be better if you included a carb source with it.

Oh, and I think that your carb intake is waaaaay too low.
    Oh, not this again!! I take reg whey in the morning with pb, and I can't have carbs until post workout, or just green veggies like broccoli and spinach throughout the day etc..

As for my last two shakes theyre glycerlean by designer whey part of next nutritions its a slow release type of whey and I take it instead of the regular kind which I take post work-out and mornings!!

And if thats not enough my diet is EXPENSIVE i spend half my paycheque each month on food etc.. and I CANNOT order of the web my parents will kill me!! Thus I must live with my neighborhood and gym supplement store and thats very pricey!!

To change it to a specific recommended whey is expensive and I think glycerlean is working out okay!!

And about carbs being low man I've tried everything else my fat sticks on and I gotta go strict to lose it, if you know a better diet for a female you can bet I've tried it, but it prob won't work, I've been cutting for 5 months and I don't yo-yo!! Read my first post its a low carb diet!!

Mystic Eric
    Originally posted by Sara

Oh, not this again!! I take reg whey in the morning with pb, and I can't have carbs until post workout, or just green veggies like broccoli and spinach throughout the day etc..

As for my last two shakes theyre glycerlean by designer whey part of next nutritions its a slow release type of whey and I take it instead of the regular kind which I take post work-out and mornings!!

And if thats not enough my diet is EXPENSIVE i spend half my paycheque each month on food etc.. and I CANNOT order of the web my parents will kill me!! Thus I must live with my neighborhood and gym supplement store and thats very pricey!!

To change it to a specific recommended whey is expensive and I think glycerlean is working out okay!!

And about carbs being low man I've tried everything else my fat sticks on and I gotta go strict to lose it, if you know a better diet for a female you can bet I've tried it, but it prob won't work, I've been cutting for 5 months and I don't yo-yo!! Read my first post its a low carb diet!!
    Hey, I'm not recommending a different, more expensive brand of protein powder. Infact, I'm not really recommending a new protein powder at all. Ok, wait, I just checked the prices of the protein you buy and yes, I'm now saying you should get a new brand lol.

I buy my stuff at sndcanada.com and they have probably the lowest prices a Canadian can buy. My 100% whey by optimum nutrition is $47.99 for 5 pounds. Yours is $74.99 for 4 pounds. I think that that's a ridiculous price for protein powder and since you say that you spend over half your pay cheque on food etc, you can cut your costs greatly if you instead ate a chicken breast before you went to bed. I mix 100% whey with milk but since you're cutting, I guess you don't want the milk.

As for your low carb diet, I think you should read S_T's article on low carb diets on the wannabebig.com main site. Infact, here it is:
    http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=67

I'm well aware that people can do low carb diet and do CKD's or what not, but right now, your carbs are just ridiculously low, as well as your fats as well while you're at like 255 grams of protein. I think it'd benefit you if you made some adjustments with the ratios.

Sara, welcome to WBB. Looks like you've met... Eric. SNDCanada is a great site (and store) for supplements. You will find lots of helpful information when you ask for it on this site and sometimes you'll get verbage without even asking.
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 06-23-2003 at 12:27 AM.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Mystic Eric
    Originally posted by rookiebldr
    Looks like you've met... Eric.
    And you say that like it's a curse or something