Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What will it take to look big with a shirt on!

Originally posted by NDBeast

No. He states in his book that he was 250 pounds when he first competed, but not as cut as he became during the Olympias.
    I concure

And if you've seen Pumping Iron it said he competed at 240 lbs. during his 6th run at Mr. Olympia. Which he won. What a stud.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Don't worry about it, it will come. I'm around 205ish at 5"11 with a decent bodyfat, and I still don't look as big as I want. Just concentrate on putting on lean mass and you'll get there. Btw, looking at pics of Frank Zane (5"9 190ish) doesn't hurt for inspiration either
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar
    Originally posted by mmckinley
    wear a shirt with muscles printed on it

"A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

"It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Originally posted by Tim Nissen

I concure

And if you've seen Pumping Iron it said he competed at 240 lbs. during his 6th run at Mr. Olympia. Which he won. What a stud.
    245, to be exact.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

zane is the man
    to sculpt you must first have concrete
    You are only as stong as your weakest joint