Thread: help on 8 week ab program

help on 8 week ab program

I don't understand what this means.

"- Modified PNF Trunk Patterns 4x6 (2 sets each for each movement)
    - Decline Static Holds 3x4 (hold each position for 4-6 seconds)
    - Weighted Stability Ball Holds 2x4 (hold each position for 4-6 seconds) "

First off, is the first statement talking about the next 2 statements?

and, I don't understand the "4x6", "3x4" and "2x4" in conjunction with "(2 sets each for each movement)" as stated in the first line.

I feel so dense.
    sometimes slowly

My stats:
    Age - 43
    ht - 5' - 7"
    wt - 152 lbs
    bf% - 10.5%
    pipe dream goal 175 lbs @ 10% bf
    making the switch to power lifting

Where are you getting this routine? It does look a little conflicting so don't feel bad about it.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Re: help on 8 week ab program

[QUOTE]Originally posted by runt
    [B]I don't understand what this means.

"- Modified PNF Trunk Patterns 4x6 (2 sets each for each movement)

*** This means 2 sets per side equalling 4 sets total.

- Decline Static Holds 3x4 (hold each position for 4-6 seconds)

*** This means that in a decline movement there will be 4 positions in which you will be static. Each position will be held for 4-6 seconds. The "3" is meant to reprsent the number of sets.

- Weighted Stability Ball Holds 2x4 (hold each position for 4-6 seconds) "

*** Same as above.
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 07-09-2003 at 06:46 PM.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Originally posted by HomeYield
    Where are you getting this routine? It does look a little conflicting so don't feel bad about it.
    *** It's good to know that the vets on this board actually read the articles on the front page.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=80

I haven't been to the front page in forever but I guess its time I go back and do some reviewing.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Thanks Maki. Now I guess I have to do it.
    sometimes slowly

My stats:
    Age - 43
    ht - 5' - 7"
    wt - 152 lbs
    bf% - 10.5%
    pipe dream goal 175 lbs @ 10% bf
    making the switch to power lifting