The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question

Question

Hypothetical question follows.

Does it make sense for my girlfriend to be pissed off with me becuase I was in a bad mood a few days ago and didn't talk much? Since that time, she's been all wierd with me (i.e. never calling me, not hanging out with me anymore, being oddly different). Now i'd understand if I was still in a bad mood, and or if it was directed at her in anyway, which it wasn't mind you. Also, maybe this would make sense if we were like 12 years old or something.

Its bothering the ****ing **** out of me. We are being distanced just over something as ****ing simple as me not being a good mood because I was stuck home all bloody ****ing weekend. ****!@%
    Making love to Mother Thumb and her four daughters.

Join My Odyssey

They're old enough to drive they're old enough to get driven. - VitalRemains
    Mmmmm twins. Double the pleasure double the fun, look out girls cause here I come! - VR Again
    From the pages of our Lord and Savior, Jeebus :alcoholic

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I want to bring it up to her and ask, but when questions of this sort are raised, defensiveness breaks out and then we are ****ing distanced again for an indisclosable amount of time. **** its confusing, frustrating, and just downright ****ed up trash. Its ****ing with my days, I can't get in a good mood anymore. I try to be happy when I talk to her, but then she is all wierd and then I get depressed and ****... Son of a bitch this ****ing sucks.

Join My Odyssey

Mmmmm twins. Double the pleasure double the fun, look out girls cause here I come! - VR Again

Also... This is a hypothetical question. Keep that in mind.

Join My Odyssey

Dump her.
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

But i really really like her. That's why im so frustrated by this.

Join My Odyssey

No way man. Dump her. What's the idea that later you get married? If so you think she will stop acting like this. No man this is only half of it if she is being like this now.. omfg brace your slef! Dump her and be mean about it. That is all.
    Old Journal

-PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

Lol. It's so much different when yer in the situation tho. I can't just toss her away like she means nothing to me.

Join My Odyssey

Apologize perhaps?
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Dump her.

If there's one thing I've learned about relationships, its that you have to be able to communicate. If she's gonna pout about stupid stuff, ditch her. You'll be happier.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

But I don't know what I would be apologizing for. It's not like I was taking anything out on her. Thats where the confusion lies.

Join My Odyssey

I know getting rid of her is the most obvious answer, but I really don't want to do that. Sure, it sucks now, but I'm just hoping it will blow over soon and we can just carry on from wherever we were. If anything, I'll talk to her about it before just "throwing her away"

Join My Odyssey

Originally posted by Jeebus
    But I don't know what I would be apologizing for. It's not like I was taking anything out on her. Thats where the confusion lies.
    Then maybe you should ask why she isn't talking to you.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

I know I should, but I am one to avoid such confrontations. I have a terribly short fuse and freak out quite easily. So if it turned out to be something like "because you did such and such" i'm afraid i'd just lose it and freak out about how I didnt do anything, ect. and just ruin the relationship that way.

Join My Odyssey

It doesn't blow over, dude.

If she's gonna act like that, then she's always gonna blow stuff out of proportion. Tell her to screw off and not call you till she can act like an adult.

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

I just need to find out if maybe I did do something (which I don't believe happened) before doing that. I need to ask what the **** is going on around these parts.

Join My Odyssey

Or, I could act like a child, ignore her, and see what she says to me.

Join My Odyssey

Do it. And don't back down either.

The child thing? Or actual confrontation?

Join My Odyssey

Dude it's all about confrontation! Nothing gets fixed with out it. here let me help you lay it out...

First well start with the shock and awe campaign. Well start off with yelling and finger pointing..
    Then you hit her up with the return silent treatment.
    Then you bring it all to a wambang declare your self winner.
    Wait no dont.
    Old Journal

-PwrMajt:

Talk to her about the whole situation. Maybe it's something else that is bothering her. If she still wants to be pouty and make a big deal about it, maybe she isn't the one for you. Don't just dump her without trying to figure out the problem or the solution. If this does ruin the entire relationship, then it obviously wasn't meant to be.

-Turt

Sigh. I have such terrible luck with sustaining a meaningful relationship. Maybe I should stick to ****-buddies if this one doesn't work out.

Join My Odyssey

It's just frustrating even more because like last week she wants me to move with her when she goes to school, and now she barely ****ing cares if we speak.

Join My Odyssey

If she's that much of a flake over you being in a bad mood, it's only going to get worse. You're probably infatuated right now so your better judgement is sitting bitch to your boner, but you're better off with someone that has their head on straight.

Wannabebig Member
    just ignore her and she'll want you so bad

ya she's just ignoring you hoping that you'll give her the big apology. I'd say play her game back.
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    dayÖonly then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me