The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Good diet for gaining muscle, losing fat?

Is this is a good diet for me? I am trying to bulk up and lost fat.

Breakfast
    - Egg omelet or scrambled egg, NS as to fat added in cooking
    - Banana, raw
    - Cookie-Crisp
    - Toast
    - Orange juice, with calcium added, canned, bottled or in a carton, unsweetened

Lunch
    - Mixed vegetables (corn, lima beans, peas, green beans, and carrots), cooked, NS as to form, NS as to fat added in cooking
    - Chicken, breast, with or without bone, NS as to cooking method, NS as to skin eaten
    - Rice

Snack
    - Peanut butter sandwich, natural
    - Apple juice

Dinner
    -Varies

MidNight
    - Milk, cow's, fluid, skim or nonfat, 0.5% or less butterfat

Overall, this is what I am aiming for every day:
    Last edited by Jagarus; 07-10-2003 at 10:38 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Whoa! Those calories look like they're way too low. You should have more fat in your diet, as well as protein. Try to reduce the carbs, unless you're doing alot of cardio? How much do you weigh and what does you routine look like?

Also, get some more EFAs in there. Like fish oil and flax supplements, peanuts, olive oil, avocado, etc.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

What's your stats (height, weight, age)? Those calories do a look a little (that's being nice) low. You could probably do with adding some olive oil to your lunch and dinner meals.

I'm eating twice that and I'm cutting. I actually ate 3 times that yesterday. (Twas a good day )

But anyway, a little more info would be nice.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Wannabebig Member
    I need a diet to lose fat and gain muscle too... im 6 feet, 20% BF, 200 lbs. I am going to start going to the gym once i get my next paycheck, which should be on wednsday. Once that starts, i will be doing WBB #1 routine, and do cardio on my off days (is that good?) and i need to start a diet. I dont have too much money to spend on supplements and protein shakes, but what else should i do, like what foods to eat which will help me gain muscle and lose fat. Help

Wannabebig Member
    oh, and 16 yrs old . my main concern is cutting the fat, my second concern is geting some muscle.

First off its tough to gain both muscle and lose fat at the same time. There are few people here that have been able to do it and some are "assisted".

WBB#1 will be a good starting point. Have you been working out before? Do you play any sports? If this is the first time you've ever really tried too much then I don't think you'll have to worry about running just yet. Just by starting weight training you'll start to see some good results.

Somebody else can help you a bit better than I can with your diet to better suit your goals. You won't need any supplements to begin with just food. You might look into some protein for post workout but other than that, you really don't need too many supplements.
    What is elite?

Wannabebig Member
    I am 5'9", 150lbs.

Originally posted by Jagarus
    I am 5'9", 150lbs.
    Like I said above, its going to be tough to lose fat and gain muscle. If you are new to weight lifting then you can probably pull it off for a while as your body will repartition things to better suit the new lifestyle. If you aren't new, then you need to be eating more.

Sorry about getting you and the other guy confused but like I said, adding some olive oil (or even flax oil) to lunch and dinner would be a good idea. I might try with just a bit more protein and fat but without really knowing what your maintenance levels are its tough to tell. I've heard the recommendation here (from Bradley) that its wise to get at least 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight and at least 20% of your calories from fat. You can fill the rest in with carbs. That's a good starting point for your diet. Get your diet on track then follow it up with a good healthy training routine and you'll be all set. Good luck man!
    What is elite?

why are you worried about losing fat at 150 lbs?

i would definitely add more good fats to your diet : fish oil, olive oil, pb, nuts, etc.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

If you are flabby without muscle, simply adding muscle despite a weight gain will make you appear leaner and more cut.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Wannabebig Member
    This is how I looked like a week ago, at 155lbs. http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...hlight=Jagarus

After doing HIIT and strenuous exercise, I lost 5 pounds. My body fat is around 20%. As you can see in those pics I have small wrists. Most of the fat is around my waist. Right now, I am trying to lose as much body fat as I can before I begin weights in a month.

lifting weights is more beneficial to losing fat than cardio alone
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by raniali
    lifting weights is more beneficial to losing fat than cardio alone
    Thing is, I can't get to a gym yet. I just got my license a month back, and waiting on buying a car in a month. Ballys is like 5 miles from here.

All I have right now is a pair of 20lbs dumbells lying around at home.

BTW, should I drink apple juice? It has like 20g of sugar for an 8oz serving.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Well, since you can't lift now, why don't you concentrate on losing the fat first? When you do that, lift and then gain muscle.

As for your diet, why don't you look around the journal section for some good examples?
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Originally posted by Jagarus
    All I have right now is a pair of 20lbs dumbells lying around at home.
    There are other ways to train while you are waiting for you gym membership. You could throw in some pushups and chins, both of which can be performed many different ways.

Maybe do some sprints which could help with your legs. I know this is not ideal, but it is better than not doing anything

BTW, should I drink apple juice? It has like 20g of sugar for an 8oz serving.
    I would stick to eating less calorie dense foods that have more nutritional value. Drinking things like apple and orange juice can really add cals quick, which would not be ideal when trying to lose bf. Maybe eat an apple instead of the juice.
    Last edited by bradley; 07-10-2003 at 04:37 PM.