The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: ECA and insulin

ECA and insulin

I was reading about Yohimbine HCL and it says that insulin will kill the effects. I assume this is because yohimbine frees fat from the cells, and insulin will store the fat back in the cells, is this correct? I was wondering if ECA works the same way? If it does, how can you time your ECA (say 3x per day) so that you get the most benefit if you are eating every 2-3 hours? I would guess an hour after a meal (which is also an hour before the next meal) would be the best choice? Thanks.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesnít realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Wow thanks, very informative. Would insulin levels be low enough an hour before/after a meal for it to work? Im not on a low-carb diet...
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Originally posted by Y2A
    Wow thanks, very informative. Would insulin levels be low enough an hour before/after a meal for it to work? Im not on a low-carb diet...
    They'll still be elevated. As I recall, it takes on average 2 hours for insulin levels to return to baseline after a meal. So, it's less than ideal, but if you're set on eating every 2-3 hours, then you don't have much choice.

I typically space my meals out a bit farther(4-5 hours or so) while dieting for this reason (and some others). Really, though, I doubt it makes any huge difference.

Haycock's idea of more frequent, smaller doses does make a noticeable difference, though.
    Last edited by Blood&Iron; 07-11-2003 at 09:55 AM.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesnít realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Thanks, youre alot of help Is there any product that will drop insulin levels more quickly? Is it worth the trade-off of an insulin crash? Ill definately try the 6 half-dose method this time around.