Thread: Running in the morning lifting at night

Wannabebig New Member

Running in the morning lifting at night

I was told by someone to run early in the morning on an empty stomach then lift weights at night. Will I burn more fat that way and build more bulk muscle.
    Also can I do that routine and take a day off in between day on day off, or is 3 days on 1 day off better. I want to be cut up and medium bulk not big and juggle the wife 2 kids and a full time job. Thanks P.S. Realistically I'm trying to look lie the dudes on the cover off like mens health magazines great abs and good tone all around I don't want the bodybuilding look.
    Last edited by Mtdn28; 07-20-2005 at 10:25 AM.

DO your homework.

You think those guys just jog?

And you think bodybuilding is all about being 300lbs at 10% BF.

They are building there bodies. They lift for aesthetic reasons. that is considered bodybiulding. Even if you dont want to look like a heavyweight pro.

Running in the morning and lifting at night has nothign to do with how much fat you burn and build bulk muscle. (what is bulk muscle?)

You need to conecentrate on your diet. Your current stats would also help us help you.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Wannabebig New Member
    Didn't mean to get you goin I just asked a question. You misread my question I'm not stupid not kidding that the guys in magazines lift and **** but they are not huge with muscles that don't fit into normal cloths. That is not what I am trying to accomplish I'm not looking to get noticed as to how big I am just want to look godd and get in shape.

Okay. I didnt misread your question.

Your problem is most likely your diet.

Scratch the morning cardio.

Do cardio after you lift. Some high intensity stuff. no need for 45minutes to an hour.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

You should read ELP's rant real quick (so you dont want to be big?). That should clear some things up. but what holywars said is good.