The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Weekends killing me :(

I stick to a pretty good diet through the week and its easy to stick with since I have a regular schedule while working, but on the weekends I dont eat that much just because I am always busy or I sleep in etc. I believe this is killing my gains, and I was just wondering what you guys do to keep on top of your diet even on the weekends? Also would eating bad or not enough for two days make that much of a diff?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Whats keeping you from eating on the weekends? Drinking with buddies? I know exactly what you mean about it being easy to keep with a schedule during the week. My Mon thru Fri are basically the exact same day repeated 5 times, but the weekends take me god knows where.

As for eating bad/enough, I would say that is more important that you eat SOMETHING than that you eat good. I made some of the best gains of my life while on a fairly crappy diet (too much saturated fat, carbs, processed foods), but I was getting plenty of protein, so my muscles kept growing.

Being busy is a pain, and it can keep you from eating regularly, but you're just gonna have to make do. I crash at my buddies' places all weekend, so Friday mornings I pack a bunch of quality food and throw it in their frige. Its about the only time their fridges see anything other than beer

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    What takes up your time during the weekend? Work? Well, whatever you do, do you get a break or anything? If you do, you can pre-pack food and put it in a little cooler. For example, you can cook chicken breasts the day before, and then heat it up (or if worse comes to worse, eat it cold) the next day.

Also, you can take you protein shake in a sealable cup. But, I don't think breaking your diet for two day will do much to your muscles.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah its not really drinking its just im always busy so i know im not getting enough calories on the weekend. Ill get some of those meal replacements and just try to take a couple on the weekend. Another question: would not getting enough cals cause my body to start storing fat?

Well you just have to man up. Realize bodybuilding is a lifestyle. So youre going to have to change your old habits if you want to be succesfull. You know they say excusses are like A**holes everyone has one. So if weekends are so hard then you just know you have to work that much harder to stay on top of them. Weather you have to get a huge tray of chicken and cook that on friday night before you do anything make a butt load of rice. Pack a cooler and leave it in your car/carry it arround with you. I used to have a friend that would carry a can of tuna in his back pocket with him to the pub. Nothing funnier then walking in the bathroom and seeing a empty can of tuna in the urinal. Any way you get the idea. Where there is a will there is a way. Good luck!

-Square
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

When you do eat just eat larger meals to help get your calories in for the day. Try and eat something when you first wake up and before you go to bed as well.

Also would eating bad or not enough for two days make that much of a diff?
    In the grand scheme of things no

would not getting enough cals cause my body to start storing fat?
    Well this would depend on a couple of factors such as bf, and the degree of calorie deficit that were eating at during the week (assuming you are cutting right now).

If you are at a lower bf% and creating a calorie deficit through the week, and then created an even larger calorie deficit over the weekend then this could cause your metabolism to slow down. You are not necessarily going to store bf because you would be in a caloric deficit.

You got to make more effort. I drink on the weekends, so I try to eat real good and get my protein before I drink. It annoys people I am with. I like to togive my protein a 30-60 headstart too. No proof of this, just something I made up.

its the damn supra sonik. that car is a partying machine i tell you. drop it and make good gains.
    Something has been taken from deep inside of me
    The secret Iíve kept locked away no one can ever see
    Wounds so deep they never show they never go away
    Like moving pictures in my head for years and years theyíve played

Wannabebig Member
    Its gone now so I can start getting things done