Thread: Read what this guide says

Hybrid View

There may be hope yet. JustinASU's Avatar
    Silently Slipping into the dark abyss of Insanity

Read what this guide says

I got this guide called "Newbies research guide" on another forum. It basically talks about ALL aspects of lifting, including an extended guide to AAS. What I want you guys to do is read the dieting section of this guide. It goes against many theories I've heard about cutting.

Low Calorie diet plans are simply counter-productive. Muscles will burn bodyfat for their energy source, but they are also going to use a sufficient amount
    of muscle glutamine due to the limited influx of calories from your food. So yea, you loose weight, but you loose muscle, then what? You’re suddenly more
    overweight than you were before you first started this “diet” because you no longer have the means by which to burn the fat. These diets are like giving someone
    five five-dollar bills for their twenty-dollar bill. Calorie constriction is an extremely counter-productive theory solely designed to sound good so someone can
    sell a book and get rich.
    “Well, you have to consume less calories than you burn to loose weight, right?” To those uneducated in this area it would make sense that to loose weight
    you would have to take in less calories than you burn. In other words, people think that if you burn 2500 calories per day, you must consume 2499 calories
    or less in order to loose weight. Well, that seems simple. But this is the worst thing that you can do unless you want to wreck your body. You must take in
    way more calories than you burn! If you hear someone claiming this as the backbone for his or her diet plan, run from it! After reading this you can see why
    some people can eat anything and never put on a pound and why other people can’t. Applying what you’ve learned about catabolism will help you to understand
    that you can destroy any chance of becoming physically fit.

Isn't cutting all about calorie restriction? Is also goes into detail about every macronutrient and says one should never cut some carbs from their diet even if trying to lose weight and to eat very little fat....I couldn't actually attatch the document because its HUGE but if anyone wants to read it let me know or I can post more passages.
    Credulous at best
    Your desire to believe in
    Angels in the hearts of men.
    But pull your head on out of your hippie haze
    And give a listen
    Shouldn't have to say it all again

Wannabebig Member
    Please post a link to the article

it's what i've been syaing. and using in practice lately. it's not way more calories than i burn exactly, but right around maintenance and maybe a 200 or so calories more.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

so -- what is their answer for cutting ?
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

"Low Calorie diet plans are simply counter-productive. Muscles will burn bodyfat for their energy source, but they are also going to use a sufficient amount
    of muscle glutamine due to the limited influx of calories from your food. So yea, you loose weight, but you loose muscle, then what? You’re suddenly more
    overweight than you were before you first started this “diet” because you no longer have the means by which to burn the fat.
    Well if you create a small calorie deficit you can minimize the amount of LBM that is lost.

"Calorie constriction is an extremely counter-productive theory solely designed to sound good so someone can
    sell a book and get rich."
    It has also been proven to increase your life span

Well, you have to consume less calories than you burn to loose weight, right?” To those uneducated in this area it would make sense that to loose weight
    you would have to take in less calories than you burn. In other words, people think that if you burn 2500 calories per day, you must consume 2499 calories
    or less in order to loose weight. Well, that seems simple. But this is the worst thing that you can do unless you want to wreck your body. You must take in
    way more calories than you burn!"
    So in order for me to get lean I should just take in way more calories than I burn This would be successful if I was trying to gain weight but not for losing it.

I understand that eating above maintenance will help you add LBM, and more LBM means more calories burned per day. Although if you are eating above maintenance all the time you will be adding some amount of bf along with the LBM, and eventually you are going to have to diet some of that bf off.
    Last edited by bradley; 07-14-2003 at 04:46 PM.

Re: Read what this guide says

Originally posted by JustinASU
    Muscles will burn bodyfat for their energy source, but they are also going to use a sufficient amount
    of muscle glutamine due to the limited influx of calories from your food. So yea, you loose weight, but you loose muscle, then what?
    Couldn't you just supplement with glutamine?