The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Update and Long Ass Story ABout Me

Well guys I decided to do an update. As you may recall during my last picture post I was pretty down about things and only shared pictures of my calves. Well today, I am going to be a little bold. I am including pictures of my back and traps. Not only am I including my work in progress pictures but also my dreaded before pictures. For those of you who do not know my story, here is a summary.

I have always been fat. Everyone that knows me always knew me as the guy who was always on diets but never met his goals. Although at some points in my life I looked like I had some shape, the stuff under my shirt was just horrible. Well one day about eight years ago, I decided to make a change. I promised myself that for at least once in my life I was going to be in the best shape of my life. I was going to change myself from a lardy boy to a Greek god and get the six-pack that I always wanted. I went on a stupid diet and went from 210 to 140 in about 6 months. Now the reason I say my diet was stupid was because although I ate six times per day, my meals consisted of Subway, Yoshinoya and yogurts. I never bothered to count my calories or drink much water. Once I was done, I had a 29 ½-inch waist. At that point, I was not interested in muscle. I wanted to get thin and then work on building muscle. To me it seemed like starting from scratch. I began to work out and continue with my diet. Although my diet was never fully in order, it did improve with the use of protein shakes and MRBs and Ripped Fuel. After about three years, I was now weighing 175 pounds of pure muscle. I still had my small 29 ½ waist but my arms were big and veins would be bulging all over the place. In fact, when I wore a t-shirt to work once, all the women were asking me, “where were you hiding those muscles”? People would ask me for workout advice and others asked me if I was a bodybuilder or gymnast. I finally got my six-pack that I always wanted. I was so proud that my friends who have always been thin never got their pack and jocked me about the change I made.

Then I slowly went back to my old ways. My wife got pregnant and with that came the cravings. Every time she got her cravings, I would eat with her. I still went to the gym, but not with the frequency as before. Little by little the fat creped up on me again. Once my son was born, I decided to stop going to the gym. I mean, why I would want to go lift weight when I had a beautiful bundle of joy at home. Well after some years, I was once again a lard ass. I weighted myself and was about 250-260 pounds. At that point, I decided to change my life a second time and began working out. I found this site about three months ago and have started using the principles I learned here. My new goal is to get in much better shape then I have ever been and stay this way from now on. With all the knowledge you guys have shared I am confident that I will reach my goals. I am now 215 pounds, most if not all is fat, but I am getting there. Well, below are the pictures I promised. Please let me know what you think.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Here is my back before picture. This was before my haircut. Another recent change in my life.

Here is my current back picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here are my traps. Please ignore the pasty skin and hairy chest.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Damn, what an inspirational story man. I wish you good luck with your goals!
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

That was a great story! You have some pretty good traps already and the back doesn't look bad either. Just get started again and this time do the right diet! lol! Drop that bodyweight slowly and you'll be able to keep your muscular gains. Good luck man!
    Brad
    5'7 240
    Lifting Exp: 17 years

Bodybuilding is a science, but it ain't rocket science.

http://bungerbrad.wix.com/powerlifting

What a story. You're an inspiration harry. Keep up the great work. And keep us posted!

Thank you all so much for your comments.

I think my before back picture was too big or had too much fat, here is another attempt.

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar
    hey houdini, that is a very nice story. good luck to you!

Good luck with your new goals!
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Go at it, though I am sure you have other, far more, important commitments now with a new member to the family .
    Weight: 178
    Height: 5'9"
    Arms: 16.0"
    Calves: 15.5"
    Bench: 300+

Best of luck man!
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Thanks guys. Have you checked out the before "back" pic yet? I do not think it was up at the time you replied. Take a gander at the before and after and let me know what you think. I know my new back pic is not spectacular, but compared to my old one there is some improvement. Then it is my pic so I may be imagining it, so please look them over and let me know if there is change. Nothing better then the opinion of someone else. When I ask my wife if she sees changes, I keep getting the impression she is trying to guess what I want to hear. I want sincerity.
    Last edited by harryhoudini66; 07-17-2003 at 11:38 PM.

good luck dude. you'll get there again
    Something has been taken from deep inside of me
    The secret I’ve kept locked away no one can ever see
    Wounds so deep they never show they never go away
    Like moving pictures in my head for years and years they’ve played

wow, great change already! hair and mass has changed for the better
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

Shoulda kept the hair bro
    Originally posted by Gyno Rhino

I've gotten diseases from standard sex, but never from doin' the deed in front of my computer screen with Palmela.

Wonderful story! Good luck on your journey and keep us up to date on how things are going
    -=-* Losers make excuses - winners make it happen *-=-

Nice improvements. The hair cut was a good idea.

heheh getting more comments about my hair then back. I guess I will take them as they come.