The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

staying in shape

does anyone in here just exercise / diet to stay in good shape? that is why i do it. i know the name of the forum is "wanna be big" but i dont really wanna be big. I just want to stay healthy. Are all of you guys into getting huge or what?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Dude, everyone on here is over 250lbs and under 6% bodyfat. How did you even make it through the registration process? You are looking for wannabeindecentshape.com
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Banned
    thanks for the sarcasm buddy...
    i hate this website, i quit, im gonna go eat some twinkies

Sorry man, I was just playing No not all of us are into getting huge. Put the twinkies down and read up on some diet/workouts. Dont worry about getting "too big," it doesnt just "happen." Eat right, lift heavy, and reach your goals brother.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    I lift partly for health. But the main thing I love is progression. Whatever I do, I like it when I progress. Progression makes me feel incredibly great.

Going to a gym is also like a sanctuary, where I can forget about everything and just enjoy pure lifting. I can also release all my frustration on the weight. Humans are animals and we all have a need to spend some brutal energy. Violence is a bad way to release it. Sex is a good way. But lifting weights is even better.

I also like to be very concentrated and have almost 100% focus. Since I bought an mp3 player it is even better, I really concentrate and feel like I'm alone in my world, I visualize what I'm going to do, I let the energy flow in me, like I like to repeat to myself "ENERGY TO MUSCLE, MIND TO MUSCLE, MUSCLE TO WEIGHT" (and I visualize the process). After I take short and quick breathes. When I achieve my goals I feel so happy! Lately I've found out how to become really concentrated and I begin to understand how the mind is important when it comes to strength (by example lately I've surprised myself 2 sets in a row by really wanting to reach a certain # of reps that seemed unatainable, one was a set of 6 reps to faillure and then I did a set with the same weight of 5 reps, I had convinced myself I could do it). I begin to believe in some of that oriental philosophy...

Looking good naked is also a great bonus of weight lifting.

Originally posted by Magnus Musculus
    Humans are animals and we all have a need to spend some brutal energy. Sex is a good way. But lifting weights is even better.

I was with you until this