Thread: cant chose between which routine to use next? (no i aint a n00b)..

The Chicken Mr'ga

cant chose between which routine to use next? (no i aint a n00b)..

ok, heres my story, ive just started geting back into lifting after a long break (i started lifting for 4 months, then lost track and didnt lift for another 4 months, stupid i know but im more determined than ever to stick with it now!) im currenly 6 weeks into my HST routine, which im seeing good gains with..
    some comparison pics from my journal: (mostly due to muscle memory maybe?)
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/atta...&postid=563413
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/atta...&postid=563415
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/atta...&postid=563414

i had some spare time on me and i came up with this split, im tempted to use it because it means ill be able to lift more heavy more often (in comparision to HST)..
    quote from HST website:
    "when research shows us that recovery can take place unabated even if a the muscle is loaded again in 48 hours. So true anabolism from loading only lasts 2 days at best once the load is removed. The rest of the time you are simply balancing nitrogen retention without adding to it."

Similar to HST, my routine will only give my muscles 2-3 days recovery time.

Ok heres the routine i wrote up, i wont go into exersise specs, just the overall sets for each body part..

monday
    chest x 5sets
    triceps x 5sets
    shoulders x 5sets

tuesday
    biceps x 5sets
    back x 5sets
    legs x 5sets

friday
    chest x 2sets
    triceps x 2sets
    shoulders x 2sets
    biceps x 2sets
    back x 2sets
    legs x 2sets

Im very tempted to try this out, but if i do and i dont like it, then it means i will have lost 20days (10 from the deconditioning from HST, and another 10 days you have to wait before u start HST again).. my question is, does the routine ive written up seem to work in theory like HST? should i give this routine a shot or should i do another round of HST after i finish with this one?
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

I'm just a little confused between your title and you saying you've lifted for only 4 months. That is not a long time at all. As far as the slpit, I think it's to early to tell. Stick with what's giving you results now and the tweak it when it's time. Just rember you don't wanna work out any muscle more than one day in a row and at the end of the weak it's good to give yourself two days of total anarobic rest.
    Last edited by p_t; 07-18-2003 at 05:13 AM.
    "Why is there always time to do things twice, but never time to do things right?"

The Chicken Mr'ga
    Originally posted by p_t
    I'm just a little confused between your title and you saying you've lifted for only 4 months. That is not a long time at all.
    didnt want people looking at the question then maybe ignoring it because i didnt do a search on a similar routine/topic..

Originally posted by p_t
    Just rember you don't wanna work out any muscle more than one day in a row
    i made sure in the split that all indirect workouts would be on the same day, eg. when i do bench i work out shoulders and tri's to an extent also, so i grouped them up together, when i do bend over rows, it indirectly works out your biceps, so i put them on the same day also..

Originally posted by p_t
    and at the end of the weak it's good to give yourself two days of total anarobic rest. [/B]
    i wont be lifting on wednesday & thursday, along with saturday & sunday, thats 2 two day breaks of total anarobic rest..
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

IMO you should stick to your mon tues workout and then repeat in thurs fri. Since your doing that much isolation anyways on mon, tues to try and sum it up all in one day will just lead you to more fatigue half way through than your body can handle in that short of time.
    "Why is there always time to do things twice, but never time to do things right?"

The Chicken Mr'ga
    fridays workout is basically a carbon copy of my HST routine, and is only 12 sets, in comparison to mon and tues, which are both 15 sets, i think i may be overdoing it a bit if i repeat mon and tues on thurs and friday?

<spam> Journal </spam>

Well in a few hours there will be alot more opinons on the board. Listent to the similarities between the sugestions that are geared toward your goals and take it from there. Being a PT I have my own philosiphy. In no way should it be taken as gold. Always get one or two more opinions. That's the hard part about being a trainer. Your philosiphies may not fit the persons goals.

The Chicken Mr'ga
    thanks for the feedback dude, ill put it into consideration, being from Australia when i post hardely anybody is awake (due to the time difference) so it was good having some what of a discussion on the board

<spam> Journal </spam>