The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Steriods or not

Wannabebig Member

Steriods or not

Have all the Pro's done Steriods!!!
    I have gotten really discouraged, hearing from others that if I wanted to go pro, I would have to do steriods... So I will have too. I will want to do it ALL NATURAL.. Can anyone shed some light on this for me, are they not NATURAL competitions
    Dream BIG Dreams
    and no one can take those away from you !!!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

bone crusher
    what are you talking about exactly? If you mean the IFBB then yes i would say they have all done steroids. Some use more than others. DOnt forget things like growth hormone, clen and thyroid regulators. The list goes on.

bone crusher
    also, with regard to fitness chicks, they aren't taking steroids to get huge. Taking androgens however counteracts the water retention (bloat) and estrogen related fat deposition and will make the competitor look much more solid

Re: Steriods or not

Originally posted by fitness queen
    Have all the Pro's done Steriods!!!
    I have gotten really discouraged, hearing from others that if I wanted to go pro, I would have to do steriods... So I will have too. I will want to do it ALL NATURAL.. Can anyone shed some light on this for me, are they not NATURAL competitions
    In the IFBB everyone uses AS, as already stated some more than others. GH use is on the rise but for many the cost is not worth the small gains in LBM and reduction of bf.

"Going pro" is also not that easy. It takes a LOT of hard work and many competitions under your belt to get a pro card. It is a great goal to have.

how many comps have you done so far ?

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    I thought the whole fitness competitor's class was drug free

the Kelly Ryan's etc...

it's the ones with deep voices and adams apples that are juiced to the gill's

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

IFBB pro bodybuilders, yes. If you're talking about fitness, then no. Even the "natural" shows like AAU and Team Universe have many drug filled pros. The only difference there is they use a lot of shorter acting drugs due to the more drug tests.

IFBB pro fitness is not drug tested AFAIK, and a number of those competitors use a variety of drugs.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Everyone - even the "natural" competitors - use AAS. It's crazy. Look around the gym, I bet a good 50% are on them as well. Probably more depending on the gym.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Really, ALL the IFBB pro's have done steroids........who'd'a thunk it!!!!! lol.
    Vincere aut mori

"The best inspiration is not to outdo others, but to outdo ourselves."

"From the inside looking out, you can't explain it; from the outside looking in, you can't understand it."

Wannabebig Member
    yo! haven't you seen those "no steroids!" videos in school and stuff? you'll be like "HULK SMASH!" "HULK THROW!" "HULK KILL YOU!"
    googily boogily!

seen the new ad from the coaches against steroids org? it uses the statue "David" with a caption saying how "lots of big guys that use steroids are nicknamed tiny." You'd think they could at least make it accurate, since juice shrinks the eggs, not the bacon, so to speak.
    Vincere aut mori

"The best inspiration is not to outdo others, but to outdo ourselves."

"From the inside looking out, you can't explain it; from the outside looking in, you can't understand it."

Wannabebig Member
    even in some of the female fitness shows with the dance rountines and everything, some of these women do steroids. they may not look like it but a fair amount use drugs like anavar to increase their strength during their dance routines.
    got muscle?

Originally posted by HORNEDFROGS07
    seen the new ad from the coaches against steroids org? it uses the statue "David" with a caption saying how "lots of big guys that use steroids are nicknamed tiny." You'd think they could at least make it accurate, since juice shrinks the eggs, not the bacon, so to speak.
    umm lol
    Cutting Cycle 02/04'

Tee hee.

B.

Originally posted by hngacurv
    IFBB pro bodybuilders, yes. If you're talking about fitness, then no.
    that's a common misconception
    even the fitness girls shoot and supplement with the best of them ... just not to the same degree nor always the same drugs

the rampant drug use is the main reason there is no real money to be made in bodybuilding: it costs too much to maintain a pro-level.
    Last edited by raniali; 07-15-2003 at 12:48 PM.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

Wannabebig Member
    That sucks, it is very discouraging to see that all the pros have done some sort of steriods...I am just starting out and I do not want to do them, but I want to become a pro. What can I do??
    the only thing I can think is that they all have 10 years on me and if I keep training hard I could get there.. Any suggestions??
    Dream BIG Dreams
    and no one can take those away from you !!!

bone crusher
    well you could always swallow your pride... along with some anavar

seriously though, it is a real problem with the pro ranks

Originally posted by fitness queen
    That sucks, it is very discouraging to see that all the pros have done some sort of steriods...I am just starting out and I do not want to do them, but I want to become a pro. What can I do??
    the only thing I can think is that they all have 10 years on me and if I keep training hard I could get there.. Any suggestions??
    I hate to say it but you won't do very good in the world of pro body building without steroids.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Originally posted by HahnB

I hate to say it but you won't do very good in the world of pro body building without steroids ... or other (mostly) illegal supplementation.
    :withstupi
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

Shush now...Pro BBs do not use roids!

The Mr. Olympia is a police officer for gods sake! How could he do roids then?

Everyone here is just jealous of the physiques that they will never be able to build, and thus need to thrash out at the people who have built great physiques.

It just takes hard work people and proper diet!

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    fitness queen:

just go for it

the steroids are an advantage yes but for fitness competitors I don't think it precludes you from competing

you may have to gain more weight in the offseason and have a harder time dieting for the show but it will be worth it

do if for the thrill of competing and getting on stage

take dance lessons and study routines of the winners, find any edge you can and just go for it

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------