Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Times! -starring BoB the BBuilder

The Flexing Monkey's Log!

Hey guys, I figured I should keep a journal to record everything I do and get tips and stuff from you guys, since this is like the best place I've found to find information on body building. It might not be the prettiest and most detailed journal, but I'll do my best. I look at some of ya'lls journals and it looks like you take 2 hours for each entry... Anyway, here's my current stats.

Weight: 162 lbs. Goal: 200 by Next year
    BF %: no idea. Goal: more BF
    Height: 5'11" Goal: Not to shrink
    Biceps: 14" (pumped, yea I'm weak) Goal: 19"
    Chest: ? Goal: ?
    Legs: ? (need to get measured... *note to self* )
    Bench: 280 (on a good day, little arch) Goal: 315 by Next year
    Squat: 355 (on a good day, parallel) Goal: 450 by Next year

Workout:
    Back & Bi's

Machine Rows: 115x10, 135x10 (bleh, I hate this machine at this gym)

Lat pulldowns?: 115x10, 135x10 (same machine..)

Bent over DB rows: 50 2x(10/10)

1 arm Cable Curls: 70x(10/10), 60x(10/10), 50x(10/10), 60x(10/10) steeper angle.

Sitting DB curls: 30x10/10, 40x5/5

1-mile walk in the sun.

Diet: okay, not too bad... Could of eaten more... going to eat pizza here in a minute. Took juiced Creatine (Pinacle) 30 min. before workout. Taking Protien shake (40g) tonight before bed.

Other: Going to see T3 tonight... woohoo! Want to see Ah-nuld back in shape .

Wish me luck and give me !
    Last edited by Big o Boy; 07-20-2003 at 05:33 PM.
    Weight: 194.0 lbs.Height: 5' 11"
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:
    Put on size and git Strong(er)
    Raw Goals: 450 Squat, 365 Bench, 570 Deadlift

"Weak points come from not doing the things you suck at doing." -Dave Tate

Yo yo yo... Back again. Thanks for all of the kind replies... lol. Anyway, I saw T3, it was AWESOME... And am watching T2 tonight to refresh my memory of the plot and compare. I also got a membership at Gold's Gym which is only 12 miles away from where I live. This place has MUCH better equipment than the gym I have been working in and will serve me well. (I can get a tan! woo!)

Anyways, here was my workout for today.

Workout:
    Legs

Box Squats: (parallel) 135x10, 225x10, 315x6, 335x2 (form not so great), 225x10.

Front Squats: 135x10. (these were painful on my shoulders, I think I might be holding it incorrectly? or maybe I should just toughen up)

Calve Raises: 3 plates x 10, 3 plates x 15, 2 plates x 20.

1 Leg curls: 90x10/10, 90x10/10, 90x10/10. (should of added more weight. or pyramided)

Butt Buster (one leg press)! 3 sets of 50x10/10

Lunges: bw+80x10/10

Diet: Trying to cram food in this stupid thing they call my stomach. I haven't eatten dinner yet, but I plan to stuff myself silly. Plan to drink Protien shake before bed.

Overall a good leg workout at my new gym. Buns of steel coming up soon!
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

Great goals BTW... I've no doubt you'll accomplish at least two of them.

what's that? "not to shrink" & "more BF" or "get really old"?
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

No workout today, this is my chance to rest. I was working on eatting really good though today at work. BTW, anyone know how much protien is in a typical Grill Chicken Sandwich from Sonic? They have no nutritional labels so I just guess around 15g? Anyway I ate 3 of those, a Jr. Burger, Toast, Cheese Sticks (which contain 20g of protien per order ), and had a protien shake this morning.

Tonight I plan to eat more and go tanning at my new gym so I can get the "look". I might even do some shoulder work, but I dunno. I think I need to rest my shoulders because I think I injured my left shoulder due to incorrectly doing front squats last night... Oh well... chest/tri's/ab's tomorrow, I can't wait. Plan to go heavy on the Bench, see where my strength's at currently. Until tomorrow..

Peace, I'm out.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

Oh boy oh boy! What a workout today for chest.

Workout:
    Chest/tri's

Flat Bench: 135x10, 225x7 (new record reps for this weight! could of done 8!), 245x3, 265x1, 225x5, 185x8!
    Great workout, felt very strong.

Flat DB press: 80x7 (slow), 55x10, 55x10.

DB flys (flat): 35x10, 35x10. (chest is dead now)

Tricep Pressdowns (rope): 40x10, 40x10.

Dips: BWx10, BWx10, BWx10

Tricep over-head extentions (cables, sitting): 60x7 ouchie

Tricep pushdowns (v-bar): 60x10, 60x10.

Cable x-overs: 80x3(too light, whups), 120x10, 140x10.

Chest felt like it was going to explode! Very defined in the upper-portions. Couldn't do much with Triceps today, they were burnt from all the pressing. Left elbow is giving me some pain as of right now. Next chest session, need to do some incline work... All flat pressing today. Excellent workout!

Diet: Not too bad, should of eatten more. 10g of creatine 30 minutes before workout.

Weigh-in at gym: 163 lbs.

Other: I have to pee badly. Drinking water like crazy.
    Last edited by Big o Boy; 07-23-2003 at 03:55 PM.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

Oh, and to add to today's journal... I've eatten 2 foot-long Meatball subs, and a juicy T-bone steak... And I weighed after all of that and gallons of water later, and I weigh about 168. lol. Now if all of that would just stay inside me .
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

omg, I just had to add this in... I was looking in the mirror and I have a slight stretch mark on my left pec-delt. That is SO FREAKING awesome! Woo, I guess I really did have a great chest day. hehe
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

Workout:
    Back & Biceps

Wide-grip Pullups: (I'm weak in this area) BWx7, BWx6, BWx3 (slow).

Close-grip Pullups: BWx10

Wide-grip Pulldowns: 80x10, 100x10, 80x10, 80x10, 80x7. (I want that wideback..)
    I kept returning to this machine throughout my workout.

DB Rows: 50x10/10, 60x10/10, 35x10/10 (slow)

Standing BB raises (smith): 135x10, 185x5, 135x10

Cable Rows: 80x10, 70x10, 60x10, 80x8 (all slow and controlled, no back movement)

T-bar Raises to top abdomen (whatever this is called): 120x10, 150x5, 130x10

Concentration Curls (arms dead at this point): 40x2/2, 35x5/5
    Started with my left arm on this. (weaker, smaller) Trying to get better symetry between the two)

Icarian(sp?) Curl machine: 45 middle x7, 45 upper x 7, 45 lower x 4, 45 lower x 2 (extremely slow with tons of unending force) :evillaugh

Preacher Curl Machine: 50x10, 70x6.

Little ab work and that was all folks! Over all, it was an okay workout. Tons of people in the gym today, was a little irratating. Had to walk around to the BB benches to do some concentration curls because other people were hogging up the other benches. I need to go later, I went around 5:30pm.

Diet: Good, packing in the Grill chickens at work, lemme tell ya. Ate 5 today. Big dinner tonight. Geese, Rice, some veggie that I probably won't eat. Protien shake later before bed. 10g of creatine + Mega Joint (2g of creatine, other stuff for joints.. )

Weigh-in @ Gym: 163.5 lbs

Other: ooo, girl pissed me off at work today. I was reading through a Physical Health mag, and looking at a picture of Jay Cutler (telling one of my buds that I'd look like this someday), and a girl was like, "You'll never be that big, what are you looking at that for?" I was like, "excuse me, come talk to me in 5 years. We'll see who's not big. That's just more fuel for me to pursue a monsterous bod. Man, that pissed me off though. Stupid Ndin. (nothing against NDN's, my best friend is one) I felt like slapping the hell out of her though, show her what my workouts have been doing for my strength. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I'm mad.
    Also thinking of changing my split. Need to post a topic about it, since noone reads my journal.

Until tomorrow Big o Boy. You shall rest and eat well tomorrow.
    Last edited by Big o Boy; 07-26-2003 at 06:19 PM.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

I hear you man, it is probably best to keep folks out if they are not in it, if you know what I mean. That girl don't know nothin but there are many just like her...
    and most of the guys are lazy and jealous when they have something to say. Just give em the FU2 drink, lol
    Last edited by Coke; 07-25-2003 at 08:35 AM.

Hey thanks bro. Nice to know someone at least reads somma my journal... I really was mad about that though. Something that made me feel better was, I was sitting at my bar eatting my dinner, with my shirt off, (Goose wrapped in bacon, wild rice(mmm), and stuffing) and my dad was like, "you look pretty filled out." and I asked, "what do you mean by that?" I didn't know if he meant fat or what. He said, "you look stronger than hell." So that made me feel great. I replied with, "good". Dad's are awesome.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

Good strength for your weight. Best of luck on all your goals. It takes time for people to start reading in and providing input, but it'll happen. Great start to your journal and best of luck. I look forward to seeing your progress.

oh yeah...the requisite
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Yesterday sucked. I hadn't talked to my girl in like a week because she's been avoiding me because I was mean to her. I mean I wrote her a sorry letter and have been apologizing to her and stuff, and she came up to Sonic and parked next to me in one of the stalls. So we were talking and she had to go somewhere to eat with her friend's parents or something. Anyway I told her to just come over to my house after they were through. She was like, "alright, we will." "you promise?" "yea, we'll come over". Then she no-showed me and didn't even call or (call back) I tried calling her. I was pissed. It wasn't that I was so mean to her that she can just have an excuse to be a bi*** all the time. I was just having a bad day and stuff. Anyway, I don't know why I'm rambling about this.

Diet yesterday: Horrible. I should of eatten way more. I had a protien shake, milk, drank water all day, 2 ham&cheese sandwiches, 2 bowls of hamburger helper (that my brother screwed to hell with putting too much water in).

Altogether a bad resting day. I did go tanning though. Can't decided whether to do legs today or rest one more day. Legs are still a little sore from last time. Oh well we'll see later.

weigh-in @ gym: 165 lbs.
    Last edited by Big o Boy; 07-26-2003 at 06:45 AM.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

I like it man, when your parents, etc..says something about your body that is obvious results going on there...

You know maybe ole girl got distracted a little when she was with her friend, you never know, meanwhile dude, tell bro to learn how to cook
    Last edited by Coke; 07-26-2003 at 10:03 AM.

Well, I'm back. Today turned out better. Found out that my girl didn't come over because she was at her X's with her friend, and her friend is porkin' some guy who lives there so she stays with her becaus she doesn't want to stay at her grandma's house. She promises that she's not doing anything with her X, and I think I can trust her on that. We have a pretty trustworthy relationship, and if she ever lies, she knows that' I'll find our sooner or later. But that still frustrated me a little bit... She's supposed to call me in about 30 minutes, we'll see what happens.

ANYWAY, on with the Workout:
    Legs

Box Squats: 135x10, 225x10, 295x8, 335x3, 275x7, 225x10.
    I was going to reverse pyramid back down to 135 for a cool down, but back was bothering me. Also didn't go EXTREMELY heavy because I didn't have a belt. Looking at my squatting though, my max should be higher than 355 as of now, it's just a matter of doing it.

Leg Press: 4plx10, 6plx8, 6plx10. (don't know how my reps went up)
    First were nice and slow... Last one I just banged em out.

Leg Extensions on Icarian machine: assorted plates... 3 sets (don't remember how much)

Ham Curls: 140x5/5 (ouchie, cramp in left ham), 90x10/10, 90x10/10

Calve Raises: 3plx10, 2plx20, 2plx20

Stretched and was outta thar.

Weigh-in @ gym: 161 (due to yesterday's non-eatting appetite )

Diet: Better than yesterday. Had like 4 grill chickens at work, lots of coke, water, big helpings of Ravioli (mom made), and 3 garlic breads. Protien shake before bed. 10 g of creatine also.

Not a bad workout today, my legs were so dead after doing leg extensions I nearly fell on my face but caught myself on another machine. I was walking all funny over to the leg curls... I know some people were laughing or thinking, "man, he had a hard workout". Anyway, not bad. Tomorrow's rest day... I'll update on girl story.
    Last edited by Big o Boy; 07-26-2003 at 06:17 PM.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

Wannabebig Member
    Great stuff, your about the same age as me and height so i thought i would take an interest in this log. Your diet is much better than mine. I am at home currently and struggle to get enough food(the right stuff) down me, but when i go back to uni its all about chicken breasts . Your chest work out looks really strong i have to say, top stuff.

Thanks a lot League, you keep a journal also? I would be interested to see progress from another person similar to me in heighth/age.

Also, I'll update on girl story later, don't have time... need to go to work. But it got better
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

Good leg day man, nice amount of work - keep it up

Thanks Cocoa, nice to have supporters in here.. Keeps my ambitions high.

Anyway today, again, is a rest day so I guess I'll update on the girl story. Just so I'll know someday when I look back on this how screwed up my love life is.

She didn't call me back in 30 minutes like she said she would.. She pretty much just showed up at my house about 10 minutes later... lol. I answered the door dressed up like a cowboy (i.e. wranglers, button up shirt, red wings hat, etc), and didn't know she was coming over. I was like AHH!!! cuz I never dress like that I was just playing around in my dad's clothes and wanted to see how good I looked in a pair of wranglers after a leg day... lol. She was cracking up. I untucked my shirt so it would hang down and cover my midsection and she was like, "lemme see your butt! I wanna see how they look in wranglers you have a cute butt." I didn't show her but she was lookin. Anyway she left about 2 hours later and we talked on the phone for awhile later. So I guess it's going better.

If she doesn't turn out ok, I always have a backup that was my X before about 3 years ago, and she moved back. :evillaugh

Eatting like a horse today. muhahahaha! I can't wait for chest day. I think I'm going tomorrow. This is the first I haven't been in the gym for like 6 days... I'm going through withdrawls. OH well... until tomorrow.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

Phew... it's been awhile. Had computer taken away from me so I had to keep some written logs to help me remember... a little bit anyways from my last workouts. Right now I'm working on a different split. It's a 4 day:
    DAY 1: Legs/abs
    DAY 2: Chest/Tri/Shoulders/abs
    Day 3: Back/Bi's/abs
    Day 4: Rest

Girlfriend is gone. Just friend's now. bleh. Oh well, it wouldn't of worked out anyway.

Well the first of the missed entries...

Workout:
    Chest

Warm-up: Incline 135x10. (too much to get ready to max)
    Flat Bench: 290x1 (miss), 285x1 (miss), 225x2 (no strength ), 185x8 .

That's all I remember for that.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

next missed Workout:
    Back & Bi's at my house!

BB Curl: 111x1! (slow with good form), 81x6

Upright Rows: 56x10 (close x norm x wide)

Bent-Over Rows: 155x10, 140x15

Wide-grip Pullups: BWxfailurex3
    ^ done on swingset in backyard.

Norm Pullups: BWxfailurex2
    ^ same
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

next missed Workout:
    Arms...

I don't remember much of anything on this workout, I just know I did an assortment of Curls, Skulls, and tricep extensions. It was a light workout... just more of a pump at my house.

Next day was a Rest day.

next missed Workout:
    Legs
    Got to go back to the gym finally!

Box-Squats: 225x10, 335x3, 315x7, 255x10.

Leg Extensions: I don't remember weight... x 3 sets. It was pyramided though.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

Now I started to keep better track of my workouts. Here's a chest one I missed.

Workout:
    chest/tri's/shoulder/abs

Bench: 135x7, 275x1 (easy!), 295x1(close miss!), 225x4

Decline: 185x10, 185x10.

Incline DB Press: 50x10/10, 70x7/7

Cable x-overs: Low & High. Don't remember weight. Sets of 10.

Military DB Press: 40x10/10

Lat Raises: 25x10/10, 15x10/10, 20x7/7

Cable Raises (one-arm): 40x3/5, 30x10/10

Ab work, and that's it.

Weigh in @ Gym: 166 lbs
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

Next missed Workout:
    Back & Bi's

Pullups: BW x failure x3

Wide-grip Pulldowns: 130x10, 115x10, 130x10

One-arm DB Rows: 65x10/10, 45x10/10 (slow).

BB Curl: 85x4, 65x10

Other stuff that I don't remember.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

next missed Workout:
    Legs
    Bought a belt finally!

Squats: 135x4, 225x5, 315x10, 365x2! (low-bar), 365x1 (miss, high-bar), 225x10.

Front Squats: 135x7 (don't likey)

1 leg ham curls: 90x10/10, 110x10/10, 110x5/8.

Leg Press: 4plx10, 6plx5, 6pl+50x3 (ooo, nice and slow).

Leg Extensions: light weight performed slow with squeeze at top. 10 reps x 2.

Butt Blaster: 100x10/10 All weight on machine.

No calves this workout, left calf still a little sore.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10: