The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

View Poll Results: SNL or MadTV?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • SNL pwns.

20 39.22%
  • MadTV pwns.

14 27.45%
  • Both are funny in equal aspects.

6 11.76%
  • Both suck.

11 21.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Some of the funniest things I've seen on tv have been skits from SNL. Since each skit is different I cant' say I like the show as a whole, because each skit is like a different show.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

SNL.......Steve Martin, King Tut, Chris Farley and Mike Meyers, DA BEARS, Will Ferrell and Chris Katan were awesome too, the Blue Oyster Cult was frickin hilarious.

Big Dan

I can't answer the poll because I don't know WTF pwn means.
    Last edited by CarlP; 05-08-2005 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlP
    I can't answer the poll because I don't know WTF pwn means.
    It means owned
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Then why don't people just say it then? Does that have anything to do with people typing "teh" all the time now too?

I've wondered about the "pned" and "teh" thing.

Some sort of IM chat, "not exactly hooked on phonics" kinda thing?

i can tolerate the annoying "/pwned" thing, even though it makes no sense. but when i see "teh" it raises my blood pressure and just screams DORK.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWebb78
    i can tolerate the annoying "/pwned" thing, even though it makes no sense. but when i see "teh" it raises my blood pressure and just screams DORK.

Thats crazy you guys bring that up, my friend and I were talking about the whole "Teh" thing. It really drove me nuts when someone posted in the brad pitt section ,"Its Teh Abs, its Teh Abs" god i hate that word TEH TEH TEH TEH hahaha........geeeeeez........... :evillaugh

Big Dan

SNL is just bland and unfunny most of the time. Every now and then you'll see a clever skit.

MadTV definitely angers me a lot of the time with annoying "comedy," but every now and then they get through and it's just absolutely hilarious, which SNL rarely does.

Grasshoppa
    Both pwned and teh arose because they were just common mispellings of each word on the internet. 'P' is in close proximity to the 'O' on the keyboard, while 'teh' just happens sometimes, hehe. They formally got adopted as cool dude speak on the internet for some reason.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Bizatch
    SNL is just bland and unfunny most of the time. Every now and then you'll see a clever skit.

MadTV definitely angers me a lot of the time with annoying "comedy," but every now and then they get through and it's just absolutely hilarious, which SNL rarely does.

I agree with this. Both have gone down hill recently. But weekend update will always be funny. I woud rather watch Madtv overall though.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Grasshoppa
    I actually think weekend update is the least funniest thing on SNL these days...more corny and reaching for a laugh, than funny.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

To be honest I've only seen a new episode maybe 2 times in the last year or so, but those where funny. Why does everything have to go downhill.
    Last edited by smalls; 05-09-2005 at 01:15 AM.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

I never liked MadTV.. and this is the worst era of SNL ever. The writing is complete crap and they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as talent goes.

Lately they are lucky if they can manage one funny skit and that usually takes place in the first 20 minutes.. the rest is just filler.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    i never really liked mad TV they have a few good skits but i think it sucks over all

SNL is pretty bad now but the old school stuff is stilll hilarious, so id have to vote for SNL

but the altime funniest skit TV show was "In Living Color"
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    Imagine this. Your a young norwegian boy, your used to lame ass ****ty freakin ****ty norwegian programs, none of them are funny and they all have this educational purpose, really lame and sad ****, how to make good soup, sheeeez, then one day you switch around, and there is a new channel, a new american channel, and then this young norwegian boy sees the geniouses of SNL, he sees will farrell and adam sandler, and almost ****s him self of Chris farley.....aaah snl...

Chris Farley was the bestes
    things like this make me proud to be an American
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

just an fyi

will ferrell will be hosting this weeks episode of snl

i'm sure it's going to be a good one

Shao-LiN, that "few million dollars" was $50 million, I believe, over 2 seasons. Comedy Central's biggest contract.. his ratings blow everything else they have out of the water. That is a chunk of change right there.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,16484,00.html
    Last edited by twm5993; 05-09-2005 at 06:14 AM.

Country Boy
    SNL overall; so many memorable chartacters an skits, so long a list almost too much too remember. However the 1st season (maybe 2nd) from MAD the most memorable skit was the "JOEL SHUMACHER an Batman on Broadway" skit.

I would have to go with MadTV over SNL, at least as they currently stand. SNL used to be good in the early 90's with Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Chris Farley, Sandler, Kevin Nealon, Jan Hooks, Victoria Jackson et al. It's sucked ever since they left. I especially loved the skits that Conan O'Brien wrote, you can always tell which one's were his just because they were so absurd.

MadTV is much funnier. Stewart, Vancome lady, Average Asian all make me laugh. True some, like Ms. Swan are just f*cking annoying but most are good. I hardly ever laugh at SNL anymore.

In my opinion the most consistently funny skit shows are/were the Chapelle Show, Kids in the Hall, Mr. Show, The State, and Upright Citizen's Brigade. My is it that all the most funny shows are the one's that don't last?
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Quote Originally Posted by Tru
    Mad TV is not funny at all.. SNL is starting to suck more and more.. About the only thing that is actually funny on TV is chapelle show.
    I second this notion. I sort of like SNL, but I miss the cast of the 90's. That was good comedy. Mad TV sucks. But the Chapelle show is always funny.

"I'm rich BITCH!"
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

SNL all the way. Mad TV was funnier for few year because it was fresh and new and SNL was down but the humor has really picked up lately on SNL. Plus I love seeing Tina Fey on Weekend update.

Present SNL sucks. I like Mad TV.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Both suck presently.

MadTV circa 2000-2001 (a la Will Sasso) was as good as anything SNL ever put up.

I'm just hoping they'll get some decent writers. And some decent talent couldn't hurt, either.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!