Thread: Pain In Elbow

Pain In Elbow

Well i am very new to this board but certainly not new to bodybuilding, i have been working out religiously for a lil under a year now, but have been reading and learning about it since abou 10y/o, when my bro got into it. Anyway, when i do laying French Presses i used to get a pain in my elbow, my technique is good i keep my elbow still and i point them up throughout the ROM, when i asked me weight training teacher (the only resource i had at that time for question like these) he said i was probably just pinching a nerve and it was nothing to worry about.

Anyway i didn't worry about it and kept on working out the pain seems to have vanished but appears every once in a while when i do laying french presses(or the kind that you can do on a machine). It isn't like a paralyzing pain it is minor but it is not a soarness or anything, should i be worried about this at all? i tried taking time off, i had to because i hurt my shoulder and i took a few weeks off, that didn't change anything.

Suggestions please. Thanx

If you were only having elbow pain (not shooting down your forearm) I doubt that it had anything to do with pinching a nerve. My first guess would be mild tendinitis. Where exactly is the pain?

Well your right the pain isn't shooting down my forearm, the pain isn't always there but i sometimes feel it when i am doing laying french presses. i can't really explain where it is, somewhere in my elbow. I guess i will just have to live with it, and maybe it will go away completely.

If you don't get it checked out with a doctor and keep doing the same things that caused the pain in the first place. I doubt it will get any better.

Are you warming up enough before you're working out?

Hey the warming up thing might be the problem because i never warm up my tri's seeing as how i do them after shoulders so i figure that they are warmed up by then. I'll give that a try. I'll prob go to the doctor soon also.

Soca King
    I used to have the same problem when I would do dumbbell curls I'd get a shooting pain in my elbow. But the solution I used is a simple one go to your local health food store and buy a Glucosamine supplement. Glucosamine is good for aching joints.