The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Progress Pics: Three month Update!!

Alright guys! here are the update pics. I last posted pics about three to four months ago and the general consensus was "work on your back". Thats exactly what I have done and I really appreciate you guys pointing that out for me. This bunch of new pics are basically me attempting to strike some poses, not sure where I got them from, complete with a variety of "LOL" stupid expressions. Feel free to have a laugh at my expense.

Also feel free to offer me any advice/criticism that you have. The lighting wasn't the best and I promise to have better pics in another three months.

Back Pics:

First back pic. Double Bi.

Weird pose. Back and arms.

Left Arm:

Side Arm Pose. No idea what I'm doing, just striking poses.

Front:

Laughing at something my cousin said while trying to do a front pose.

Most Muscular

I just started cutting about two weeks ago, lost my little tummy and am now getting rid of those stubborn little lovehandles. I think another three to four weeks and I"ll be ready to bulk again.

I'd really appreciate some feedback, especially from people who saw my original pics. My main concern is symmetry, I want all my bodyparts to be in line with each other. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Rastaman; 07-21-2003 at 03:39 AM.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

ur doin good man whuts ur diet, and routine

pz

Rasa: you've made some great gains. Looks like you added alot of thickness. How much wieght did you gain during your bulk?
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

You look a lot fuller now then you did with your last pics. Arms look like they are a strong point. Back looks like it's coming along, although I think you can still improve your lats in order to have more of pronouced V taper. Other than that, lookin good mate.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Originally posted by cphafner
    Rasa: you've made some great gains. Looks like you added alot of thickness. How much wieght did you gain during your bulk?
    I added roughly 8 lbs in about two and a half months and then began trimming off the fat just over two weeks ago. I definitely upped my bf % during the bulk by at least 1.5% but after just two weeks of cutting, that 1.5% is gone. I definitely think it was worth doing a quick bulk. I plan on cutting down for another three to four weeks until I'm about 10-11% bodyfat and then bulking again from Sept to December. Next bulk I'm planning on gaining at least 10-15 lbs, but I'm going to do it much cleaner (I ate a lot of crap during the last year).

Thanks for the compliment!
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Mystic Eric
    You look terrible, so go away!

I should have posted this already. Here is a link to my pics from three months ago:

original pics
    Last edited by Rastaman; 07-21-2003 at 02:58 PM.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

yeah you've gained a lot of size since your older pics, tri's lookin' Ace :P
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

I'd have to say great job. You look alot fuller throughout your entire upper body. I'm excited because I've never actually dieted down and then "bulked" before, so this fall will be my first real attempt at eating clean and huge so I can gain some size.

Congrats on the job well done.
    Big? Not really. I'm 5'7" 196 lbs.
    Strong? Like a bull!

Bodyfat currently at : dropping
    Personal Records:
    Bench - 440 (raw)
    Squat - 600 (belt & wraps)
    Deads- 585 (belt)

----------------------------------------------
    Itís a birdÖ Itís a planeÖ nope, itís me soariní past everybody.

RuLess: Thanks man. Usually I workout three or four days a week on a day on/day off split. Lately I've been doing chest/tris, back/bis, and legs/shoulders days. As for diet, when I'm bulking I usually just eat whatever and just make sure I'm getting alot of protein. After this cut I'm going to do my first ever 'clean' bulk.

cphafner: I just saw your pics man, damn you're lookin pretty good. Lookin really lean and chest looks deadly.

Manveet: I've been hammering my back with a vengeance every week. I've been nailing lats at the beginning of every back workout for the past three months, wide grip chins followed by wide grip pull downs followed by rows. They're definitely growing but they're growing slowly. Hopefully I'll have them where they should be in another 6 months.

Mystic Eric:

SoulOfKoRea: I appreciate the compliment, but I don't appreciate you getting me hooked on Tae-Hwan.

Supirman: I've never actually "dieted down" before either, this is completely new territory for me. I'm not doing nearly as good as you are, but I'm pretty satisfied with the results so far. I'm hoping to put on some serious muscle in my next bulk, maybe one day I'll be 2/3 as strong as you, you freakin beast.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Manveet: I've been hammering my back with a vengeance every week. I've been nailing lats at the beginning of every back workout for the past three months, wide grip chins followed by wide grip pull downs followed by rows. They're definitely growing but they're growing slowly. Hopefully I'll have them where they should be in another 6 months.
    I just compared the two back pics, you've made some very good progress for three months. Back looks a lot thicker now, good stuff.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Rastaman - if you become 2/3 as strong as me, you'll be one strong Mofo! lol. I've always been really strong, but not all that big for the weights I put up - at least I don't think so.

Keep bangin the weights, that's all there is to it.
    Big? Not really. I'm 5'7" 196 lbs.
    Strong? Like a bull!

Bodyfat currently at : dropping
    Personal Records:
    Bench - 440 (raw)
    Squat - 600 (belt & wraps)
    Deads- 585 (belt)

----------------------------------------------
    Itís a birdÖ Itís a planeÖ nope, itís me soariní past everybody.

Originally posted by supirman
    Rastaman - if you become 2/3 as strong as me, you'll be one strong Mofo! lol. I've always been really strong, but not all that big for the weights I put up - at least I don't think so.

Keep bangin the weights, that's all there is to it.

Word. Lately I haven't really been training for strength, been doing higher rep sets and really mixing up exercises. I think that'll change as soon as I start bulkin again.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.