Thread: healthy or unhealthy?

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

healthy or unhealthy?

I currently eat Boston Market's macaroni & cheese microwave meals almost daily. I do not understand nutrion very much and was wondering on a scale of 1-5 how healthy it is. McDonalds being a 1 and tuna being a 5. What are the pros and cons of this meal?

Nutrion Facts

Serving Size: 1 Cup (220g)
    Servings per container: 1.5
    Calories 330 from fat 100
    Total Fat 11g 17%
    Saturated Fat 6g 30%
    Cholesterol 25mg 8%
    Sodium 940mg 39%
    Total Carbohydrate 43g 14%
    Dietary fiber 2g 8%
    Sugars 6g 8%
    Protein 15g

thanks

:withstupi

just in case you didn't realize, it's bad * 1.5.
    Last edited by raniali; 07-21-2003 at 05:52 PM.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

damn LOOK AT THE SODIUM...940 MG

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Damn, I could go for some macaroni right now

Umm... anyways... 1.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

C'mon guys. I think putting it on the same level as mcdonalds might be a bit harsh. Sure, its starchy processed noodles, but as long as he's working out that day, that might actually be a good thing (much better than eating nothing, anyway). The protein from the cheese is alright. Sodium's a little high, but that won't prevent him from building muscle, probably just from cutting up.

The better question to ask is why you're eating these things EVERYDAY. Is it convenience? Laziness? No one ever said bodybuilding nutrition was easy, otherwise everyone would have muscles. Sometimes you just gotta make ur meals in groups at a time, and eat them later. A few microwave meals everyonce ina while aren't going to kill you, but every single day might be bit much.

Score: 2

If your looking to build muscles, your better off eating something than nothing...

actually - i would have to say his choice is worse than McDonald's. this is from one simple cheeseburger.....

Nutrition and Ingredient Information
    Cheeseburger
    Serving Size: 4.2 oz (119 g)

A slice of American Cheese on a 100% beef patty, pickle, onions, ketchup and mustard on a toasted bun.
    customize this menu item

Nutrition Facts view more details

cals: 330
    fat: 14
    sat'd fat: 6
    cholesterol: 45
    sodium: 800
    carbs: 35
    fiber: 2
    protein: 15

Ingredients
    Beef Patty
    100% pure USDA inspected beef; no additives, no fillers, no extenders.
    Regular Bun
    Enriched bleached wheat flour (malted barley flour, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, iron, folic acid), water, high fructose corn syrup, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean oil), yeast. Contains 2 percent or less salt, wheat gluten, calcium sulfate, ammonium chloride, ascorbic acid, azodicarbomide, diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, corn flour, soy flour, calcium peroxide, mono- and diglycerides, propionic acid, phosphoric acid, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, wheat flour, silicon dioxide, sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, fungal enzymes, calcium propionate (as a preservative).
    Sharp Pasteurized Processed American Cheese
    Cultured milk, water, cream, sodium citrate, salt, sodium aluminum phosphate, sorbic acid (preservative), sodium phosphate, cheese culture, artificial color, acetic acid, enzymes, lecithin.
    Ketchup
    Tomato concentrate from red ripe tomatoes, distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, water, salt, natural flavors (vegetable source).
    Mustard
    Vinegar, water, mustard seed, salt, turmeric, paprika, spice extractives.
    Pickle Slices
    Cucumbers, water, distilled vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, sodium benzoate or potassium sorbate (preservative), natural flavor (vegetable source), alum, polysorbate 80, turmeric.
    Onions (Dehydrated)

Grill Seasoning
    Salt, pepper, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (cottonseed and soybean).

Allergens and Sensitivities
    Allergens
    Wheat, Milk, Soybean
    Food Sensitivities
    Gluten
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

yeah i would give it a 1. all them tv dinners arnt realy good for you. like dirty said make your meals ahead of time and put them in contaners for later.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

how about <1

i think in some cases, i'd almost choose a hamburger from mcdonalds over that.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Re: healthy or unhealthy?

Originally posted by ZX759
    I currently eat Boston Market's macaroni & cheese microwave meals almost daily. I do not understand nutrion very much and was wondering on a scale of 1-5 how healthy it is. McDonalds being a 1 and tuna being a 5. What are the pros and cons of this meal?

Nutrion Facts

Serving Size: 1 Cup (220g)
    Servings per container: 1.5
    Calories 330 from fat 100
    Total Fat 11g 17%
    Saturated Fat 6g 30%
    Cholesterol 25mg 8%
    Sodium 940mg 39%
    Total Carbohydrate 43g 14%
    Dietary fiber 2g 8%
    Sugars 6g 8%
    Protein 15g

thanks
    I eat T.V. dinner pastas every now and again. I think they have a similiar profile to what you're eating right now, maybe a little lower on the sodium though. If the rest of your diet is solid with proper ratios etc.. and you train hard, eating this meal once a day will have very little effect on your health.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

dooooooood, stop now or your heart will shrivel up.

Thats a fine meal...I personally wouldn't indulge in that once per day or at all for that matter. But as long as you eat well otherwise and stay within your caloric limits, it will not affect you too greatly.