The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Recommend me a weigh bench and weights for home use!

I'm getting tired of driving 30 mins each way to my local gym and wanted to buy a compact home setup. My gym is too crowded and there's a guy that's always there with some really foul B.O. I was hoping someone here could suggest an economical solution for me. I'm VERY weak, I can barely bench 70 *cry,* so I don't really need a top-of-the-line setup. (I think it's difficult for me to bench press without the bar wiggling all over the place because my right arm/shoulder are alot stronger than my left due to 10 years of tennis, any suggestions to fix this problem or should I just keep at it until it evens out someday). I'm a college student and am only home during the summer/spring break/winter break and even then I'm out with my friends most of the time so it's really difficult for me to find time to go to the gym since it's almost always inconvenient to do so. I don't want to spend too much money, maybe 200 at most, for a weight bench and some weights and whatever else I may need. I've shopped around the local sports stores but their weight benches are pathetic, none of them are long enough to even support your head cause the twin vertical stands that hold up the bar are at the very end of the bench. I was hoping someone could recommend me a nice weight bench, the bar-thingy that you use to bench press, weights for the bar-thingy and some dumb-bells. Please provide links to the product or even better, links to where I can buy them. Sorry for the long post, and thanks for reading. Any suggestions are wanted and welcomed!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You will have to spend another $100 for olympic bar & plates. I would wait & save your money. You should build your gym around a power cage for safety.

http://www.fitnessfactory.com/Fitnes...ction&linkid=3
    You can lift heavy weights till you're blue in the face...but if your form is crap your results will be crap too.

First off use paragraphs or breaks, I have a short attention span.

Weights are pretty much iron don't worry about brand. Get them local, cause shipping charges will kill you. Its been a few years but I think a decent bench is gonna cost you around $200 and around that for an olympic bar and set of 300. You could buy them piece at a time. Get the bar, 10s and 5s. Thats 75. Maybe set of 2.5 or another 5. After get 25s. Don't buy 100lbs of 5lbers.

Hmmm.........I agree with buying the olympic bar & plates locally to save on shipping costs but why buy the weights at random? Most large retail sporting goods stores have the 7' oly bar with 300lbs for $99. Do you have a Dick's Sporting goods nearby? They will have it, & the bar is rated at 1,000lbs.
    You can lift heavy weights till you're blue in the face...but if your form is crap your results will be crap too.

I haven't looked at sets in a long time. I am adding on now. You probably right. The only reason I said to buy pieces was he said he was benching 70lbs, that wouldn't cost to much.
    Check out the paper, never know might find something used, and they don't go bad.

I got mine at Play it Again. Cheap bench, but it works. Olympic weight set for 99 bucks. Bench cost me a hundred. I really need a squat rack !!!