Thread: Post-workout nutrition on a "light" day?

Post-workout nutrition on a "light" day?

ok, well today i did legs, and i usually do some direct calf work as well, but today my legs were totally burned out and i didnt get a chance to do any calve raises or anything.

should i just skip it for one week?

or i was thinking i could go 2 the gym tomarrow and just work my abs and calves and maybe even my forearms for a change.

but i was wondering, if i would go to the gym and work my forearms,abs, and calves, should i still take my normal post-workout shake of 22g of protein and 60g of dextrose? or should i lower the amount of dextrose since the weightlifting session wont be working any "big" muscles?
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    im not sure what is right or wrong, but just as you suggested, i cut my dextrose in half on lighter days. I think because you are not depleting glycogen stores as much, there is not such a great need for post workout carbs.

Werd....What Junior said is what I do in that situation. It rarely ever happens...but in the case it does.