The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Deadlifts have a new whore

Guys I did Deadlifts today for the first time. I am very impressed. I cannot believe how much sweat I had when I was done. Since we did them for the first time, my workout partner said they did not seem like a good exercise. I told him that I realize that they feel awkward, but to give them a chance. He is one of those peeps that does not like pushing himself too much or puts in 100%. Once I was done, I was so pumped. I even felt like puking, but that may have been my pre-workout shake. What helped my ego even more was the fact that he ranked out and did not finish. Even with the ones he did do, he started at a lower weight. Since I am 5’9 and he is 6’1, it helped my ego quite a bit tonight. Well it looks like we may have a new deadlift whore on the board. Another thing that I like about deadlifts is that nobody does them at my gym so the area where you complete them is always empty. The bad part is that my workout partner does not seem like he is going to try them again. Nevertheless, what the hell, I need to worry about my goals and myself.

PS I also did the Barbell Rows and loved those too. I cannot wait for next Monday so can do them again.
    Last edited by harryhoudini66; 07-21-2003 at 11:15 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

heading to 195
    They are a paradox.. oh so painful, yet oh so enjoyable!

Deadlifts are frigging great brother, I love 'em... Here's the pros as far as I'm concerned:

1. They absolutely score your whole body from traps to legs, smoking your back and hammies.

2. They look pretty impressive when you're winding up to do 'em and you lift a whole lot of weight.

3. It's such a simple, primal motion, and it feels awesome when you stand up straight with all that weight hanging off your arms. Ooh, I can't wait for back day baby, mmm mmm!

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    hey yo...i was just wondering if you guys could point out a good site or something that would show me the correct way to do squats and deadlifts. ive never done them before and i realize form is everything! i want to start to do them soon. thanks for the help peeps.
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

Wannabebig Member
    Last edited by GooberPHX420; 07-22-2003 at 02:38 AM.

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    cool thanks .
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

I usually do straight leg deadlifts. They rock but they're are definitely not for the half ass lifter. I'm usually dragging my body to put the weights back on the rack when I'm done.
    The only problem with them is the fact that I usually feel violated when I wake up the next day.

That is how I woke up today. Although I started feeling the pain during my sleep. I am sore all over.

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    Originally posted by Don Birnam
    3. It's such a simple, primal motion, and it feels awesome when you stand up straight with all that weight hanging off your arms. Ooh, I can't wait for back day baby, mmm mmm!
    The third reason if the main thing I love about deadlifts. This exercise also has a good carry over to real life, as we need to lift things from the ground so often. They help a lot with the posture. I see so many people rounding their back so often. Even at the gym, I see some people taking the weight on the ground with a rounded back. They would benefit a lot from deadlift, but often they are the same who don't squat or deadlift (and maybe don't even know what it is?).

I mainly like to train it in the very low rep range, maximum 3 reps and with the bar touching the ground. It's so fun to move that much weight. I keep higher reps for the squats (hmmmmm 20-reps squat!). 20 reps squat to teach me to become intense, 1 rep max deadlift to give me strength.

Well came back from the gym. I did some deadlifts today and increased the weight from the last time. I was able to do 225 LBS. Now the two bitches that went with me did not even try them. I told them to do them with lower weight but they kept saying that it looked like a bad exercise. They were like, “no I don’t want to. My back hurts”. Little bitches did not even try to do six. I kept telling them it was only two sets of six or eight reps so just do them, but it was to no avail. I can see I am going to have to do my loved deadlifts by myself. One good thing do is that they liked the squats. I guess it was a good day after all.

dead lifts are the ****,

man, i used to play basketball & after games my back would get really sore..even after years of not playing there's still this somewhat nagging pain. So my question: if i did deadlifts would that strengthen my lower back --or just make things worse?