Thread: Brain hemorrhage

Get Big!!!

Brain hemorrhage

Lately, I have been trying to max out on bench. Never tried for a 1-rep max before. Anyways, every time I try, I end up with red dots all over my face (most likely due to blood vessels bursting or something). Well, my wife mentioned that if it is that easy to burst blood vessels in my face, then it could be just as easy to have a brain hemorrhage during lifting heavy. What do you guys think? Ever heard of anything like that happing?

no clue about the brain hemorrhage, but is it possible that the red dots are a heat rash or something? Do you get them only when maxing, or when you lift normally?
    Vincere aut mori

"The best inspiration is not to outdo others, but to outdo ourselves."

"From the inside looking out, you can't explain it; from the outside looking in, you can't understand it."

Wannabebig Member
    I get them too, used to get them when I was really drunk and threw up really hard. Its just little blood vessels that burst, I only get them around my eyes. Noticeable for 5-7 days.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    big difference in the type of blood vessels (???)

you can get dots on your face from a bad cough but I don't think anyone has ever hemorrhaged and died from coughing

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

Get Big!!!
    I only get them when I am exerting a huge force. So yeah, this only occurs when maxing. I wasn't asking about coughing. It has been proven that you can get a brain hemorrhage if you sh!t to hard. I wanted to know if this could occur from heavy lifting. Thanks though.

Wow, I've seen stars from ****ting too hard. Thanks for the warning!!

yes i suppose you could but i don't think it's somethign you need to worry about. if your prone to busting major brain vessels, it's gonna happen, regardless.

most likely whilst you're on the pot, not while ytour squatting.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Gonadius Maximus
    Are these red spots temporary (like go away in a few hours) or do you still have them 2 days later. Burst capillaries will leave spots for quite a long time.

Tryska what about squatting on the pot?

hee hee...i was gonna make some witty remark about popping a squat, but ti just wasn't coming to me.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

3:16
    Are you fair skinned and goe red easily?

I am fair skinned and go red very easily. I get those red dots mainly after deads, squats and leg press.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Get Big!!!
    No, I am not light skinned. Pretty tan I guess. I don't understand it. I only get them when maxing on bench or decline press. The longest they have ever lasted was four days. Usually just a day or so. I highly doubt that a brain hemorrhage could occur. Just wondered if anyone had ever heard of such a thing. Thanks.