The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

3k calorie intake, but only 2x to gym per week

hi there

i have recently gone onto a bulking programme. have started eating 6 meals daily and in total consuming about 3000 calories.

its been about 8 weeks now and have noticed good results. have started filling out more. went from 146lb to 155lb.

however, i am noticing bodyfat around my waist increasing, which is of course, inevitable. but cuz its the first time i'm doing such a diet, and considering i was a skinny lad, i'm scared of this fat that i'm gaining.

i'm only going to the gym twice a week due to full time work. i'm dong the wbb1 routine, but skip the legs day cuz it'll allow my "runner's knees" to recover.

is this training too insufficient for the 3k calorie diet??

once i pack in work for going bak to uni, i definitely WILL train 3x a week, but for now, what du think i should do??

cheers
    The important thing is not to stop questioning!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

personally I would do 2 full body sessions per week

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar

Re: 3k calorie intake, but only 2x to gym per week

Originally posted by ishaqmir
    i'm only going to the gym twice a week due to full time work. i'm dong the wbb1 routine, but skip the legs day cuz it'll allow my "runner's knees" to recover.

cheers
    i also have runner's knee. have you seen a phys therapist?
    because doing nothing will just allow it to get weaker. build up quads and hams.

if you are gettting fat, u can do cardio with biking to ward it off. biking is good focus on the quads with proper resistance, and easy on your knees.

Wannabebig Member
    i've not seen a therapist. do u think i should definitely go. i didnt know it was that important.

what kind of leg exercises should i do. when i started working out i made the mistake of doing heavy squats, which of course made my runners knee more apparent.

i'd like to do light weights with them as that is the only option IMO.
    shall i do high reps with leg curls and ham curls?? will this strengthen my legs??

cheers

ish.
    The important thing is not to stop questioning!

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar
    squats are very hard on your knees.

my pt gave me green light for machines - leg extensions and hamstring curls, lot of biking, and said return to running very gradually.

the pt can properly diagnose if it's runner's knee or not, or if you have some kind of tear, etc. and tell you how to treat it properly. some guy posted last week about having a partial acl tear and he didn't even know. kept working out and made it worse.
    Last edited by chops; 07-29-2003 at 04:24 PM.