Thread: keeping track of calory intake?

Wannabebig Member

keeping track of calory intake?

At the time of writing this, I am a very thin guy who is desperately trying to gain weight, so far I've made a little progress... around 2 pounds over a few weeks. I am currently around 5'9 132lbps (super light weight, i know) anyways... I've read it on the board here many times that you should keep track of your caloric intake, and then use it to continually increase it to a level where you are gaining. Is there a chart somewhere that I can look up to assist me in keeping track? Like what foods contain how many cals? etc.

And one more question, when beginning a "bulking" phase is it beneficial to maintain a consistent training schedule? Because I don't have a access to a gym for another month and a half or so. But as soon as I do, I plan on starting a log of my progress to keep me going, as I'm very determined to see some gains this time around.

Any and all help/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks! :]
    As soon as you compare yourself with the good and bad of your fellows, you create an opening for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you.

www.fitday.com an excellent resouce!
    Consistency is a huge factor......hit and miss leads to sub par results....I think someone has it in their signature here too...."1/2 a$$ effort=1/2 a$$ results)......make a plan and stick with it.

Re: keeping track of calory intake?

Originally posted by m1ke
    Is there a chart somewhere that I can look up to assist me in keeping track? Like what foods contain how many cals? etc.
    The link below is a good site to use to determine the calorie content of different foods.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl

And one more question, when beginning a "bulking" phase is it beneficial to maintain a consistent training schedule? Because I don't have a access to a gym for another month and a half or so. But as soon as I do, I plan on starting a log of my progress to keep me going, as I'm very determined to see some gains this time around.[/b]
    Focusing on progression in the weight room would be a good indicator as to the success of your program. When training you should try to increase the reps or the amount of weight you are using each week.

This is not to say that you have to train a certain amount of days per week and allow "x" days between each workout, but then again you don't want to train once a week. Hope that makes sense

There are many indicators as to what kinds of progress you are making. Body composition, strength increases, etc. all come to mind. In other words a journal of some sort would be a good idea.

tracking cals is one of the smartest things you can do. it's a pain in the a$$ at first but after a while you will be able to do most calculations in your head