Well, I am getting back into lifting for the first time in quite some time. The first time was a half assed approach which didn't really give me the results i was looking for.
I am 31 now and 6foot 1 inch and somewhat more patient I weigh 200lbs and am looking to hover around this weight while adding muscle and shedding some fat. My last bf measure was around 24% which is too high for my liking. Recovering from a foot injury and now i am fully healed and able to lift/run again. What i am looking to do , is transform my body into a 190lb 8-10% bodyfat machine by summer 2004. I realize this will take some time and i plan on using WBB routine #1 for starters. Is it realistic for me to achive this goal? I have been working on my diet and will post it later , but for the most part its pretty easy for me to follow something.
so i have a few questions today, and after some replies will likely have more/different questions tomorrow.
1) Is it ok to work out in the morning , and then do cardio after work in the evenings? Or is it better to do my whole workout all at the same time. Yes i understand the concept of weights first and cardio second.
2) I am eating roughly 3000 calories a day , to reach my goal stated above, do i need to add/subtract calories, and/or is it better for me to bulk as much as possible for the next 9 months and then cut for 3 months?
3) I am canadian, don't take any supplements other than Extreme Power Whey...is this a good brand? Anyone familliar with it? I am almost out and will need to buy more whey of some sort.
4) can i buy dextrose for my postwork out shake at the same kind of store (Genesis Nutrition) or do i have to order it online etc? Same with creatine. I have never taken it before, i keep hearing about it, but i am unsure if i can buy it or if i have to purchase it over the net? Sorry it sounds dumb but i may as well ask
5) I like to do cardio...... for my goals is doing cardio 5 times a week too much ? I like to hike up a mountain (45 min 2800m) straight up or jog 10k in about the same time frame.
Appreciate any advice someone can give me and i look forward to creating a journal and sharing my experiences with you guys/gals