Thread: Frustrated but staying focused..

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

Frustrated but staying focused..

Hello to all. I am a fairly new to the iron game and recently found this board, and am looking forward to educating myself a great deal on the subject. With that being said, I have had great difficulty gaining mass in last few months, and would appreciate any feedback or suggestions that are provided to me in an attempt to help me reach my goals. Thanks in advance.

Here is my current diet

M1-1/2 cup oatmeal|2 Scoops NitroTech|1 tbsp flax
    M2-4 scoops Nlarge
    M3-Turkey or chicken breast|wheat pasta/veggie|flax
    M4-2 Scoops NitroTech|applesauce
    M5-4 scoops Nlarge
    M6-Lean pork, chicken, etc..|pasta|salad
    M7-2 Scoops NitroTech|1 tbsp flax|apple

I have been following this schedule for the better part of about two months and have seen almost no gain, muscle that is. Are my macro nutrients out of balance? I think that my carb intake is too high, however since I'm the infamous hardgainer bodytype I thought better to overcompensate than under. The protein supp alone supplies me with 120 grams. Please advise.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Just a quick suggestion is to swap out those powdered calories to real food calories.
    w00t

Sounds like you should eat more more and more
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

I agree with GP you need to add more real food to your diet. I know that some times it's easier to pound down a shake than it is to chew and swallow a chicken breats but nobody ever said BBingwas easy. I would try to eat at least three solid meals of real food. use the shakes in between.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

Re: Frustrated but staying focused..

Originally posted by Rich1190
    Here is my current diet

M1-1/2 cup oatmeal|2 Scoops NitroTech|1 tbsp flax
    M2-4 scoops Nlarge
    M3-Turkey or chicken breast|wheat pasta/veggie|flax
    M4-2 Scoops NitroTech|applesauce
    M5-4 scoops Nlarge
    M6-Lean pork, chicken, etc..|pasta|salad
    M7-2 Scoops NitroTech|1 tbsp flax|apple
    As others have stated, eat more whole food in place of the shakes. Also, include more healthy fats in your diet, which is also an easy way to get more cals in over the course of the day. Try eating a handful of nuts or adding in a tablespoon of olive oil to your meals.

Whey protein is not the ideal protein source unless you are using it pre/post workout, since it digests so rapidly. If you are going to use whey at other times throughout the day you would be better served mixing it with milk to help slow the digestion. Same thing goes for the N'Large shakes.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=110

Are my macro nutrients out of balance? I think that my carb intake is too high
    The macro ratios are not that important assuming that you are taking in adequate amounts of protein and EFAs. It looks as though you could use a little more fat in your diet.

Wannabebig New Member

Sample Diet

Thanks for the feedback all. If possible, please restructure my diet for me so that I may have a better understanding of how the diet should be.