The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

some questions about westside

After reading Adam's article on westside here on wbb, im considering using a westside program. I am a relatively new to powerlifting. I've only been working out for about 8-9 months now, and only started 5 months ago deadlifting and squating. My first priority is to add strength and raw power to all my main lifts, but I also looking to add lean body mass (gonna start bulking within a few months). the q's...

1) I am currently on a cut and living on about a 100 to 300 calorie deficit everyday, and have a very physically demanding job. How will this affect my training on westside?

2) How long will I see results/gains in weight on my max effort days?

3) I understand that westside is purely a powerlifting routine, but will it also help in terms of hypertrophy (sp?)?

thats it for now, thx yall
    Life isn't like Burger King, you can't always have it your way.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I really don't think Westside is what you're looking for.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    hmm, you can use westside stuff but you wll have to make some chages,

first off screw the diet, your job is demanding and westside is alot more demanding you will need something to fuel you.

once you get your body used to lifting on the max effort days you should see gains in about 2 to 3 weeks after your body gets adjusted to lifting the heavy weights.

it can and will help you alot with hypertrophy if you know how to apply it. you will get lots of hypertophy from your supplemental exercises. when you do your max effort this will help you get alot stronger on your supplement exercise to lift more and heavier weight

example. say your doing a max effort squat day

and you choose good mornings for your max effort exercise

you workup to a max

then choose 4 or 5 supplemental exercises, squats lunges, leg press, SLDL and leg curls/glute ham raises

and you arrange them like this

good mornings: ME
    Squats: 3 x4 to 6reps
    SLDL: 3 x6 to 8reps
    leg press: 3 x10
    leg curls 3x8
    lunges: 3x8to10 per leg

ive used a routine like this for a while it is very demanding and gets you veyr strong and if you eat and supplemet right it gets you really big too. so you really just have to know how to apply westside for your training to really use it properly for the natural drug free lifter
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"