Thread: Hnaging Leg Raises-can u go to high?

Wannabebig Member

Hnaging Leg Raises-can u go to high?

hello- I've been able to do these leg raises up to the point where my body is shaped like an "L"- I've seen some do them up to where the body is like a "V" where there toes almost reach their actual hands-
    is this too high? does it have any benefit to go this high- i know it is ALOT harder too though...thanks..

just a theory but i think bringing your legs up higher stimulates your abs more, since your abs are responsible bringing your hips towards your ribcage, so by bringing up your legs that high you are essentially using your abs to bring your legs up higher. I however do not do these with straigh legs, i tuck my legs in to my chest and do a sort of "hanging crunch" i feel this in my abs a lot after i do that.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    From the position with your legs straight, you use your hips to bring your legs up to parallel. From parallel up, it's mostly abs I believe. If you want to try and isolate your abs on this, you should start with your abs at parallel to the grouns and raise them higher, contracting the abs.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Originally posted by LATMAN
    From the position with your legs straight, you use your hips to bring your legs up to parallel. From parallel up, it's mostly abs I believe. If you want to try and isolate your abs on this, you should start with your abs at parallel to the grouns and raise them higher, contracting the abs.
    yeah what i said except worded much better.