Thread: help: no gym for 2-3 weeks =(

help: no gym for 2-3 weeks =(

hi guys, i need help..i wont be hitting the gym for 2-3 weeks and i wanna know what i should be doing while i dont. should i continue to eat 6 meals? should i do exercises whenever i can..say, pushups, chinups to try and maintain strength or should i just keep my cals?

i started back in May 1st @ 5'6" 121..now i'm at 143 - i'm quite pleased w/ the results so far and i dont wanna see any of that go to waste. what should be my expectations when i head back? will i lose weight, considering i definitely have above average metabolism and i'll be really trying to focus on my finals and project deadlines (catching up)..i.e., i won't be stuffing food down my face while i work (i've noticed the quality of work suffers when i do).

btw - i dont take any supplements whatsoever..is now a good time to start?

if it helps any here's my previous split: (as u can see i was already pressing for time..i had a typical 3day split prior to this one)

TUE: back/legs/shoulders

FRI: chest/tris/abs

--i'm too exhausted after any day to do biceps so i've left them out.

anyway, any advice will be appreciated..thanx.

ps - say i find the time to squeeze in a session...should it be a full body workout? what would that look like exactly?

Wannabebig Member
    I think you should change your routine. No bicep exercises
    "pain is weakness leaving the body"

yah i know...as soon as this is over i'll go back to my 3 day split

If you continue to consume at least the calories you burn per day you shouldn't loose that much in a few weeks time. You will lose the pump you maintain after your workout so you'll look a little smaller in the mirror, but that's about it. If you do lose some, you'll gain it back very quickly. It's easier to get back size you've already had than to add on new. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

cool thanks....what about strength? there's this bar at home i can do chin/pull ups on would u suggest i squeeze in a few sets while i'm on my break - or dont bother coz it wont make any diff?

Maybe you could use the first 2 weeks as a break to let your body repair any and all injuries and then do pushups and stuff the last week if it turns out to be 3 weeks. A 2 week rest can do wonders for your lifts.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Wannabebig Member
    give a week off of exercise then the last week or two get back on. At your age and weight I would continue eating the same 6 meals at least or perhaps add a seventh. Enjoy the time off and probably start taking some supps and re-evaluate your work out when you get back.
    Live to train
    Train to Live

Sponcered by: The Method Training Systems

Bodybuilding Mythbuster

Re: help: no gym for 2-3 weeks =(

Originally posted by Spawn
    if it helps any here's my previous split: (as u can see i was already pressing for time..i had a typical 3day split prior to this one)

TUE: back/legs/shoulders

FRI: chest/tris/abs

--i'm too exhausted after any day to do biceps so i've left them out.

anyway, any advice will be appreciated..thanx.

ps - say i find the time to squeeze in a session...should it be a full body workout? what would that look like exactly?

You don't need to do bicep exercises. If you work your back hard enough they should get bigger. If you want to do them, do them after back. Only do 2-3 sets of standing barbell curls. That should be more than enough. Remember you usually work biceps when you work back.

Originally posted by Goin_Big
    Maybe you could use the first 2 weeks as a break to let your body repair any and all injuries and then do pushups and stuff the last week if it turns out to be 3 weeks. A 2 week rest can do wonders for your lifts.
    coolness...hope ur right, i havent been able to add a dang plate to my bench for that past 3 weeks or something

thanx for all the responses, aye..i'm pretty sure i can squeeze in a session some time this week.

gonna hit the squats hard and back..or maybe chest. not sure yet..but i'll figure it out.

later.