The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: cardio

cardio

How important is cardio when bodybuilding? I am motivated in lifting weights but not so when it comes to cardio.

Also I have been working out for 8 months now but for the first 5 or so i was working nearly every body part 5 times a week. Since then I have concentrated on 1 -2 bodyparts a day. I have muscles which show through when tensed and are quite big too but they don't seem to show when not tensed how long does it take to become ripped?

I don't really take much care in diet since my mum buys all the food and cooks it although i do eat well.

my workout does something like this

day 1 - shoulders abs
    day 2 - biceps abs
    day 3 - chest triceps and legs (chest mainly hit)
    day off

repeat cycle

I don't have a bench at home but i would like to know a few effective tri cep exercises using free weights since in my house I can really hit it hard without feeling embarassed. This way I can give tri ceps thier own day since i really think they need improving.

If i do cardio on my days off will affect the recovery of my body or will it be alright since i have a cardio machine in my house i can use.

I change my workout a lot but i think my latest one will work the most it involves a mixture of:

2 excercises: high sets - low reps - heavy weight
    2 excercises: low sets - high reps - light weight

on each body part

do u think this is good enough?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

focus more on legs (squats and deadlifts), they will promote more overall growth

Wannabebig Member
    Cardio is good for building capilaries needed to transport blood and nutrients through the body into the muscles. Too much cardio, however, can be harmul in terms of allowing the body to recuperate.

u lift for each body part 5 times a week... LoL... when does your body even have time to grow... muscles grow while you rest and you hardly have any... try this workout routine... and try concentrating more on squats.. bench.... and deadlift for overall growth just like unshift said... try a routine like this... good luck man

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

I said I used to do that eatdirt if u read carefully that's when I realised although it was having some affect I wasn't going to grow much more so I changed.

Still no help on any tri cep excerises or is the gym a better option for tri ceps?

thx for the link anyway was some useful info on that site. Sorry if I sounded a bit rude b4 I just read back it may come across that way.

It may be a good idea to do legs, chests and back on different days.
    All weights in kilograms in my posts. 1 kg = 2,2 lbs

My training log.
    My foreign language study site.

how tall are you and how much do you weigh?

i mean if your skinny and you want to look more solid your gonna have to bulk first..

Then once your at a decent size then and only then you shall be able to gradually decrease calories and introuduce more cardio

So u can look like you have lost the body fat to make you look much leaner.

o i forgot to say this but before you can do anything in bodybuilding and succeed you gotta be focused and you gotta eat correctly and a LOT!!!!!!

Last edited by Kirman; 08-08-2003 at 03:27 PM.

I am 6ft 1 and 13 stone.