Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Abduct Your Abductor Machine (ryan1117 year 2)

Abduct Your Abductor Machine (ryan1117 year 2)

Did you think I had forgotten about this machine? It will be back in full force once I go back to school. The only reason it isn't as busy during the summer is because the people that are there are the people that want to be there. It's time for year 2 of my journal since I joined this site exactly a year ago. I figured I would break the first one off after one year. I decided to pick a less-generic name for my journal this year. Just imagine what weight rooms….err I mean fitness centers will look like 20 years from now. There probably will be an inner/outer thigh toning area with some Kylie Minogue music playing. Even the name "fitness center" will probably be something like "toning center". Oh well. The future sucks! At least mine won't.

The summary for the last year was that I really improved on my strength, but did nothing from a bodybuilding perspective. I was more interested in increasing my strength anyway, so I'm very happy with the last year.

Here are some statements I made roughly one year back in my first journal.
    Originally posted by ryan1117
    My goal is pretty simple, since I lift more so for tone than to get "big", I just would like to keep gaining mass while keeping my bodyfat in the 6-9% range.

I said the dirty word there……..BUT I did prove that I didn't use the word "tone" in the same way that most cardio queens do.
    I won't even bother to post my old routines b/c everyone on this board will absolutely rip them to shreds (lots of overtraining, no lower body exercises)

My routine is why my strength went up over the last year. There's no doubt about it.
    Currently I'm 5-9 165 with ~7-8% BF.

I'm right around the same thing right now. My 165 from then was including clothes and shoes. I'm now weighing around that without clothes or shoes and coming in at about 169 with clothes and shoes. Unfortunately, I'd say my bodyfat is ~8, so the extra weight doesn't seem to be from lean body mass.
    Deadlifts are new to me so I wouldn't be surprised if I improve on them rapidly at first once I get the technique down

That was the understatement of the year.
    Here are approximately my max lifts.
    Bench ~ 250 lbs
    Squat ~ 300 lbs
    Deadlift ~ 330 lbs

My Current Estimates/ (improvement from last year)
    Bench ~280 (+30)
    Squat ~360 (+60 and with a greater depth)
    Deadlift ~505(+175 )
    That (my big three total) would put me somewhere around 880 combined. I'd like to get that number up to 1,000 in the next year, but 950 is probably a more realistic number to aim for.

How about over 1,100?

That was pretty much the Cliff's Notes for my old journal. I still have two weeks left before I make some minor modifications to my routine. A few machines at school are different that require a few different exercises. Look for the hot chick report to pick up once again due to a higher supply. (in case you were wondering why it was smaller during the summer). Unfortunately, the gym mystery section will also grow. I'll start prepping for maxes in certain lifts in the next two weeks while my other lifts will stay the same. My bench and squats will be lower reps the next two weeks in order for me to better estimate what I should try for on a max.

Current Goals (for December; at a max bodyweight of 170)
    Squats 405
    Bench Press 300
    Deadlifts 545

Current Goals (next year; at a max of 175 pounds bodyweight)
    Squats: 450
    Bench Press: 315
    Deadlifts: 585
    Last edited by ryan1117; 08-09-2003 at 11:22 PM.
    5-9 170

good luck on the new journal, i like to frequent yours because you seem like the kind of person that keeps things real (no bs'ing about weights/complaining too much etc), and the hot chicks are always a good read
    "It's a good weight... for a small woman." -Dorian Yates

Best wishes on the goals - I will check things out from time to time like before.

Good Luck!

Nice new journal. I was think about doing the same. Good Luck!
    " ...if all else fails, just whip out those b'normous biceps!!!!!!! Teh lad33z <3 teh str3ngth!"- McIrish

"An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy..."

"When a man is in love, is jealous, and has been whipped by the Inquisition, he is no longer himself..."- Voltaire

Good start for a new journal! I like the fact that you have specific short-term and long-term goals. I need to formulate some goals for the time being.

But for right now, you need a lot of to grow on!!

Sunday, August 10, 2003(Pull Day)

Weight = 167

Deadlifts (452/4!)
    Wow! I was only hoping for 3, but got 4 here. The lockout was pretty tough on the 4th rep. I'm still trying to decide on if I'm going to go for 505 or 510 next week. I have been going up roughly 5 pounds every other week on my max over the summer. However, my 500 attempt was not extremely tough last week, and with my set here, I'm thinking I should go for 510.

Barbell Rows (170/9.5!)
    This set felt a lot better as opposed to the set I had last week.

Pull Ups (BW+30/8!)
    The DB wanted to start slipping from my ankles on the last rep. Luckily, it stayed long enough that I could get the 8th rep.

Supported Rows (machine+135/9.5!)
    This is improvement here. It was only a half a rep, but I'd say I did a little better at keeping momentum out of this lift.

Hot Chicks:
    1. This one had some long, straight brown hair. She had some nice proportions despite lacking a little lean body mass. She wore some short gray cotton shorts. She looked familiar from somewhere. I think she used to go to my high school a few classes ahead of me.

She wins by default.

Gym Mysteries:
    1. None

Other Stuff:
    1. My right knee was bothering me a little today. It wasn't anything major, but I'm wondering if maybe somehow my feet weren't evenly lined up for deadlifts and my right knee may have taken more stress.
    2. My right forearm is sort of feeling a little sore. I have no idea what it was from though.
    3. The Colts lost to Da Bears last night. I'm not going to get all concerned about preseason games though since the first string barely plays in them.
    4. I may condense some workouts down so I can get enough max attempts in before I go back to school. I have all of next week left and then up to Friday on the week after that. That shortened week will likely be where I try all my maxes out. In order for them not to be too cramped, I may get some workouts in a little earlier this week if I feel like it. I'm thinking possibly a leg day on Wednesday. I may also drop off some of the minor lifts in the last week to try to prevent overtraining since I'll probably be doing some maxing on the big three more than once in the same week.
    5. I ended up with a little over 1000 posts in the last year. That is BY FAR the most I have had on any message board. I think I only have 130 or so on a Purdue Sports message board. (which is the 2nd highest number of posts I have) I don't know how some of you people can get 1,000 posts in a month on here. I think I spend too much time on here, but get dwarfed by other posters.

The Road to College Football:
    13 days

I feel like watching "Rudy" to get me in the mood for College Football season even though he played for the wrong team! Maybe I'll see my uncle in the crowd in the movie (he said you can see him in the crowd by the tunnel at some point in the movie.) He is an usher there in real life for the games in that same spot I believe.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FFeJ: Thanks, but I'd say I do quite a bit of ranting on here. I know some people may not like it on this site, but regardless of what people think I'm like in the gym, I'm that person that keeps to himself there.

CoCoa: Thanks for stopping by.

clvmike19: Thanks, are you planning on a new routine and journal when you go back to school? I almost was going to break my journal off when I went back to school and changed my routine. But, I figured the 1 year mark for me would be a better point since I started using that routine a few weeks before I went back to school last year.

Scott S: Welcome to my journal. The goals I set are maybe slightly on the easy side for the upcoming semester from where I am now. Bench will probably be about average difficulty, deadlifts should be fairly easy to reach by then given my current improvement, and squats will likely be the toughest since I’m planning on doing them ATF this semester so my body may not be as used to a parallel depth by then.
    5-9 170

Well I finally got to 160lbs. I think this may be a good time to start a new one. That was one of my original goals. We'll see.
    Hey Ill root for the Boilers when they dont play ND or OHIO ST.
    " ...if all else fails, just whip out those b'normous biceps!!!!!!! Teh lad33z <3 teh str3ngth!"- McIrish

"An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy..."

"When a man is in love, is jealous, and has been whipped by the Inquisition, he is no longer himself..."- Voltaire

good luck on the new journal, Ryan. I think you should remove the "ryan1117 year 2" part from the title - the "Abduct" title alone should be enough.

So are you happy with your current size, or are you looking to gain weight?

Tuesday, August 12, 2003(Arm Day)
    Weight =167.5

Tricep Extensions (105/9.5)
    This is still stuck this week.

Bicep Curls (110/7)
    I don't have anything to compare these to. This is the first time I have used 110 here.

Tricep Pushdowns (160/17!)
    The 17 reps were easier than I thought considering my recent struggles on tricep extensions.

Hammer Curls (55/7.5!)
    This is a little better than last week, and I'm still using some momentum on these but with a straight back.

Nautilus Ab Crunches (210/17)
    I thought I only needed 17 for improvement here, but I had 17 the last time I did these. That sort of sucks because I thought 17 reps would be improvement and I quit there.

Hot Chicks:
    1. This one had some medium length blue shorts with some brown wavy hair in a ponytail. She had decent lean body mass, but also carried a little bit of fat along with it.
    2. A couple of landscaping queens were making rounds around the office park I work at again. These two looked like the older ones of the group. I'd guess they are anywhere between 18 and 20. They looked they were twins because they both had some straight light brown hair in a ponytail along with some short gold text on the butt shorts.

The landscaping queens are better, but they weren't at the gym so I'll call the chick at the gym the winner.

Gym Mysteries:
    1. There were curls in the squat rack.

Other Stuff:
    1. Some guy worked in with me today on tricep extensions and bicep curls. It was nice since it was actually a person that I didn't have to make major changes of the weights with. He also had perfect form on both which we all know is rare. I even admit my form isn't perfect since I use a little momentum, but keep a straight back.
    2. I plan on having my leg day tomorrow instead of Thursday, so I can be sure to have enough time for multiple max attempts next week.

11 days

I feel like posting two priceless pictures from last year. The student section at Purdue is just like the one at Kentucky when it comes to celebrating too early in a game.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    clvmike19: Congrats on reaching your goal. Thanks, but I can't say the same for Notre Dame!

fuzz: I wanted to make it sort of like a nickname to the main title like a lot of movies do. However, I bet it takes up more than one line on resolutions lower than 1280x1024 which I am using. (which I didn't think of at the time) I don't think I can change it myself, but if a moderator feels like it, they can take that part off. I plan on gaining up to 170 pounds without clothes and shoes by December. I'll stop there and decide what I want to do in the spring. Hopefully, I'll be happy with how things went and go on up to 175. I really need to take advantage of the winter months so I can add some lean body mass. If I just stay around in the 165-167 range, my body will never gain any more lean body mass. I'll probably cut down after all that. I gained way too fast when I tried a pound per week last spring. I don't think I gained much lean body mass at all with that.
    5-9 170

Here are the classic two before and after pics from the Kentucky-LSU Game.

Before Pic: (Pay attention to the guy with the tie)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ryan1117; 08-12-2003 at 08:46 PM.
    5-9 170

LSU completes the hail mary for a touchdown.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    5-9 170

Hey Ryan hook me up with some student ND/Purdue tix!

Wednesday, August 13, 2003(Legs)
    Weight =167.5

Squats (335/3!)
    I upped things to 335 this week. The set wasn't too hard. I may have had a chance for 4 if I really wanted to push myself. I didn't really care to risk hitting failure and stopped there. I haven't went this heavy since when I was in that lifting competition. I did this for a max back then. Squats and deadlifts both have had my 1 rep max go to 3 reps over this summer. I haven't actually tested my deadlift 3 rep max, but I know since I barely got 452 for 4 that I would get 460 for 3 there.

1-Legged Smith Machine Calf Raises (3 plates per side / 6.5!)
    I accidentally started doing these with only 2 plates on the right side. I noticed after the 2nd rep because the weight felt way too light. Luckily I did this on the smith machine. I could have hurt myself if I did something like this on the free weights.

Leg Extensions (190/9!)
    Here is a half a rep extra here.

Leg Curls (130/9!)
    These felt very solid. My leg curls were stalled for the longest time before this summer and they have really made some progress now.

Hot Chicks:
    1. This one had some medium length straight black hair. She wore some short cotton shorts along with a sports bra. She had some lean body mass, but also had a little extra fat. She was the type of person that would look nearly flawless with a t-shirt on, but her body weaknesses show up when more skin is shown. I guess it would be sort of like the guy that is 5-9 165 at 15% and someone like me. Most people would think we have very similar bodies. But, if we both were at the beach, there would be a major difference.
    2. This one had some blonde hair in a ponytail. I believe she had a dress code violation with long pants. She had a spaghetti string tank top and a nice body. I sort of picked her off through the mirror as she was walking by.
    3. This one had some short red shorts. She had some light brown hair in a ponytail with a spaghetti string tank top. She had very nice lean body mass.
    4. This one had some light brown hair tied back. She wore some short gray shorts. She had nicely shaped legs, but they could maybe get a little more lean body mass and maybe just a little bit less fat. She was one of the rare ones that sounded nice. She seemed like she would be a friendly person judging by how she talked. She didn't speak fluent bitch like most hot ones seem to. (you know; those fake accents)

The winner of the day goes to Miss Short Red Shorts. She was a 9 out of 10.

Gym Mysteries:
    2. I saw this guy that looked sort of hardcore. I'm thinking that maybe he will do some exercise with more weight than I could do. But, he just went to the squat rack to do some 65 pound bicep curls.
    3. Belt boy was there with the belt again.

Other Stuff:
    1. I saw some gigantic duck today. That thing was big, white, and 4 feet tall. I didn't know ducks came that big. It was just waddling around and quacking.

10 days

I'm a bit worried right now, because the starting running back for Purdue, Joey Harris, may not be eligible. I guess he needs a B average for summer school. Hopefully Purdue can pull an Andy Katezenmoyer and make him eligible. Brandon Jones is just as good as Harris if not better, but he is more of a power running back and a good receiver to compliment Harris' 4.3 40 speed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    clvmike19: Actually, I would if I could, but they are really strict with student tickets there. Even if there was a student that wasn't going to use his or her ticket, they still check school IDs when you enter since the ticket has "Student" printed on it. I know they do this because there are plenty of students that go to the games that don't really care about them. If they didn't do that, those less-interested students would just sell their 30 or 40 yard line seats for over 100 bucks for the bigger games. I think 50 yard line tickets were nearly at 100 a month in advance on ebay. I'm sure they will be a lot more money closer to game day. I think end zone ones go for a lot cheaper though. Usually, the end zone seats are where all the opposing fans sit and they probably go for near face value. I remember getting some end zone seats at Ohio State a few years back for roughly face value.
    5-9 170

Mystic Eric
    *runs into Journal*

*destroys ryan1117*

*walks away*

bah! damn security measures........

First visit to one of your journals, cool format!

You've got some mad strength for your height and weight. Great Job with your progress so far and good luck for the new year.

oh and
    Last edited by Herc; 08-14-2003 at 09:31 AM.
    Three people can keep a secret so long as two of them are dead

- Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, August 14, 2003(Push Day)
    Weight = 167.5

Bench Press (275/1!)
    This is sort of makes me happy and mad at the same time. I'm happy that I set a new PR, but I'm not too happy that I only have improved 5 pounds since December here. I did have 280 locked out on the left side, but couldn't get it on the right side. I ran into the same problem where my right arm wants to drift out a little. (which made it unbalanced) I did it in the power rack so I could rest assured that no spotter would be touching the bar that I could get on my own.

DB Military (60/14)
    These keep going up. I don't know how 60/14 would compare to my 70/8. Of course this one has the advantage since it is coming after bench unlike the 70/8 which was on the first set.

DB Laterals (30/13)
    These stayed the same. They may have been a little bit better than the same weight and reps from last week.

DB Incline (70/13!)
    Well I'll be damned! This is improvement here.

Nautilus Abs (210/17.5!)
    The early reps felt easy, but the final reps were sort of hard. Either way, this is a slight improvement here.

Hot Chicks:
    1. This one had some short navy shorts and some brown hair in a ponytail. She was sort of tall and had a nice lean figure and a decent face. She was really working up a sweat which is always a good sign. That proves that she isn't one of those recumbent bike jockies.
    2. This one had some short pink shorts with some light brown hair in a ponytail. She had a nice all around look.

The winner of the day goes to Miss Short Navy Shorts. She had a nice lean body. It would have looked better with some volleyball shorts.

Gym Mysteries:

Other Stuff:
    1. My belt and dip belt came in the mail today. I felt like getting a belt for my max attempts on deadlifts. I'm not positive that it will help though since my core strength is my best strength. I felt I needed to get a dip belt because I'm getting to a point on pull-ups where the DB is getting too big between my ankles. Plus, I'll be using the belt twice per week with dips and pull-ups, so I don't want to keep going through the trouble of checking one out at the gym.
    2. It was too hot in the gym today.
    3. Tomorrow is my last day of work for the summer before I take the final week off before school. I'm really looking forward to a week off along with two light workload semesters. Oh wait, a light workload in engineering would be an oxymoron. I guess I should say that it will be a little bit easier than previous semesters.

9 days

Ugggh, Joey Harris (Purdue's starting running back) is academically ineligible for the season. Luckily they are loaded at the running back position. (which I don't get considering they aren't considered a running school) But, they will miss his speed. Brandon Jones is just as good with better receiving skills, but is more of a power running back than a speed running back. It sounds like Jerome Brooks who is a redshirt freshman this year is pretty good in practice and might also get lots of playing time according to Tiller.
    Mystic Eric: Are you talking about the title of the journal? I am thinking of asking a mod to delete the year 2 stuff since I didn't think of it crowding the screens on lower resolutions than what I use.

clvmike19: The most annoying part in entering the stadium. They make you show your waistline down to your skin. The biggest thing that bothers me about that tough is how only guys are required to show the waistline.

Herc: Thanks! You seem to be pretty good with photoshop with some of the stuff you have done.
    5-9 170

IF YOU ARE USING THE ABDUCTOR MACHINE IN YOUR TITLE YOU MUST USE IT IN YOUR WORKOUTS!

and post pics of the gym hotties using them.

I look forward to 'ng your journal...and err...providing constructive input and encouragement....

sorry...I've been on a monstarplement binge.

seriously, you've made some phenomenal gains. Best of luck on year two.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Mystic Eric
    Mystic Eric: Are you talking about the title of the journal? I am thinking of asking a mod to delete the year 2 stuff since I didn't think of it crowding the screens on lower resolutions than what I use.

No man, I just wanted to run in and destroy you. That's all.

Saturday, August 16, 2003(Pull Day)

Weight = 168
    I'm pretty sure the creatine I started taking again is adding a few pounds in water weight.

Deadlifts(505/1!)
    It's a good thing I didn't go for 510 like I was thinking of doing. I wouldn't have gotten it. Even this 505 was pretty iffy. The lockout was the iffy part, but I decided to count it since I was standing up straight with the bar. The shoulders were what I had in question. I'm not going to try another max here before I go back to school because I don't think I'll have much of a chance at 510 by this upcoming Friday. I'll just go for 510 when I get back to school two weeks from tomorrow. I also used a belt here on the set after the max, but not during the max. I honestly didn't like how the belt felt. It made it harder to breathe and I felt it made it harder to deadlift. I may wear a belt on heavier squats, but it is not looking likely for deadlifts. I'm guessing that maybe the reason I don't like a belt is that my core strength is stronger than the rest of my body.

Barbell Rows (170/10!)
    These felt more powerful this week, but who knows how my form looks.

Pull Ups (BW+30/8.5!)
    Since I forgot to bring my notebook, I wasn't sure what I needed for improvement. I thought it was 9 at first and was disappointed. But, I saw that it was 8 when I got back, so this is a half a rep improvement. I used a dip belt for the first time on pull ups.

Supported Rows (machine+135/10!)
    The 10 reps here felt fine and not too bad.

Hot Chicks:
    1. This one had some straight light brown hair in a ponytail. She wore a tank top with some short tight black shorts. She did a few decent exercises, but also used the abductor machine.
    2. This one also wore a tank top, but had a dress code violation with some windsuit pants. She had some black hair which I think was braided.
    3. Miss Doll Face Karate Chick was there again. At least she didn't put the curtain up this time. But, that still isn't enough to get rid of her disqualification.
    4. That one chick that I think went to my high school was there again.
    5. There was a trio of chicks dressed really skimpy as I left. One was wearing a short skirt (which is as good as volleyball shorts in my book) and a few others also looked nice. I only got a glance on them though and they weren't lifting.

The winner of the day goes to Miss Abductor Machine. She looked good, but she didn't have to waste her time on the abductor machine.

Gym Mysteries:
    1. None

Other Stuff:
    1. It was a nightmare in the gym today. First off, it is really hot outside today. Secondly, I don't think the air conditioning was working in the gym. Thirdly, about 3 times the people were there as compared to the usual numbers for a Saturday. Finally, THEY WERE WITHOUT WATER! They should have at least put up a warning sign for people BEFORE they worked up a sweat. (which pretty much just took standing there today)
    2. I'm sort of still neutral on my fantasy football draft. I took a lot of gambles in Edgerrin James, Charles Rogers, Kurt Warner, Duce Staley, and Onterrio Smith. I'm thinking James may finally have a year like he did his first two years in the league. I'm thinking Rogers will have a great rookie season even though he hasn't played a down in regular season game yet. Warner is a risk since he didn't really play much last season. Staley is still holding out, and Smith is another rookie that could make some noise, but isn't even guaranteed to play a lot for Minnesota.
    3. It is nice to be done with work and on a week vacation before I go back to school.
    4. With deadlift maxing being pretty much out of the picture before I go back to school, I now only have to worry about bench and squats. I would like to still get squats in 2 more times. I'd like to work my way down to 1 rep. I'm not too eager to load up 25 extra pounds from what I did last week and go for a max. I'll likely try to get 350 for a double real soon and try a number depending on how that set goes for a max late in the week. I won't have a chance to safely max on squats once I go back to school due to the safety pins being too low.

7 days

There is one more week left, but 3 more weeks until Purdue plays. I'm a bit surprised to see the AP poll putting Purdue at 19th. Usually, they seem to give less respect than the coaches poll. I still think Washington is overrated since Purdue dominated them in the Sun Bowl even after gift-wrapping them 17 points from unforced turnovers in that game.
    ectx: Thanks. I'm sure my journal's view count would reach Monstar proportions if I snapped some pictures! It's been awhile since I've seen the double thumbs up icon post here! Hopefully year 2 will be as good as year 1 was for me.

Mystic Eric: Okay, but if my lifts don't improve, it will be your fault.
    5-9 170

Where does SI have Purdue? I saw ND at 17 and OSU at 1, but I forgot to look at what Purdue was at. I think I may try to get tix to the Pitt/Irish game for Oct 11. Tix go on sale the 15th of Sept and are only 40 bucks. Pitt has an awsome home schedule and its only an hour away. While South Bend is probably 6 or more. Someday I hope to make it there.

Sunday, August 17, 2003(Arm Day)
    Weight =168

Tricep Extensions (105/10!)
    This was not a pretty set, but it is improvement. I was stuck here for a few weeks and I finally broke out.

Bicep Curls (110/7.5!)
    I got to look really cool with a 45 on each end of the EZ-curl bar. Last time, a guy worked in with me and we just used a 35 and a 10.

Tricep Pushdowns (160/18!)
    The 18 reps were fairly tough.

Hammer Curls (55/8!)
    This set also wasn't all that pretty.

Nautilus Ab Crunches (210/18!)
    I sort of struggled around the middle range of the reps, but pulled things out at the end.

Hot Chicks:
    1. This one had some straight blonde hair in a ponytail. She wore some short blue shorts and had nice proportions. She had a very attractive face and had her sleeves rolled up.
    2. A semi-attractive chick was there again with a dress code violation in windsuit pants. She wore some sort of tank top though I think.

The winner of the day goes to Miss Blonde Haired Doll Face. She was one of the better looking ones for the summer. She actually looked like she just might be down to earth too.

Gym Mysteries:
    1. None

Other Stuff:
    1. People like Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman are natural. If you don't think so, you are a hater. At least some people seem to think by that logic.
    2. I'm enjoying my week off so far.

6 days

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    clvmike19: SI puts Purdue at 26th, but yet they pick them to tie for 2nd in the Big Ten with Michigan at 6-2. I don't think it is too bold of a statement to say that if a team goes 6-2 in the Big Ten this year, they will be ranked in the top 15. My guess is that different people picked the conferences than the people that picked the top 25. That sounds like a good deal for you with the Pitt game. It is fun to see a bunch of different stadiums. I think you could make it to South Bend in 4 and a half. They are about an hour from the Indiana Line on the Toll Road and isn't the Ohio Turnpike 6 lanes now the entire Eastern half of the state?
    5-9 170

Ytown is as far east in Ohio as you can get. Im about 15-20 mins from the PA line. So itd be a hike. Im surprised OSU isnt picked to win the big ten, but are ranked #1 preseason. Tressell will have his boys ready to play. I know the whole of Ytown is behind him since he won 4 national titles at YSU.

ND/Purdue ought to be a great game. Hopefully the Irish fair wll through the season (I know you dont want'em to )

nice bench and deadlift maxes, now all you need to test is your squat (i don't consider that powerlifting comp you did a while back much of a test considering how it was run ) i've seen one other person put up 275 on bench press at a weight of 165, and it was quite amazing. nice job !
    "It's a good weight... for a small woman." -Dorian Yates

Monday, August 18, 2003(Legs)
    I decided to get my legs in a few days early so I can try for a max on squats with "some" rest by the end of the week.

Weight =166

Squats (350/1.5!)
    The first rep wasn't too bad with 350. It looked for a second like I was going to get the 2nd rep since I was out of the hole. However, I sort of just ran out of energy half way up on the 2nd rep. I'll likely be going for 360 on my max attempt. It's not a surprise, but this was 15 more pounds than I have ever loaded on the bar for squats. Either way, 350 was my original goal here that I set last May. I upped it to 375 though early this summer. I probably would have had 375 if I could have kept up my progress from early in the summer. Either way, the weights have been going up here even in the 2nd half of the summer which is perfectly fine with me at this stage of my lifting career. I would however like to make the 3/4/5 club by next January. The 300 bench will be the toughest one, the 400 squat will be reasonable, but tough. The 500 deadlift will be easy because…well….I'm at 505 right now.

1-Legged Smith Machine Calf Raises (3 plates per side / 7!)
    It seems like your foot position is huge on this. Due to only using one leg, I sort of have to angle it a little. My foot position felt more comfortable today than last time. I had a sore tendon from this for a couple of days the last time.

Leg Extensions (190/10!)
    Here is a farewell 1 rep improvement on this machine. The one at school is a different machine, so I can't compare the two directly. I'll have to look up what I was doing on the other machine the last time I was at school.

Leg Curls (130/10!)
    Leg curls felt really solid again this week. For some reason I have improved on this very well the last month or so with better form to boot!

Hot Chicks:
    1. This one had some brown hair in a ponytail. She had on a skin tight tank top with some decent cleavage. She also had some short black shorts. However, she used the abductor machine. On a positive note though, she actually kept track of her lifts which is extremely rare for the females I see in the gym.
    2. This one was pretty much the same thing as the first chick down to how she dressed. The only difference was that she had some light brown hair and maybe 3-5 more pounds of bodyfat.

The winner of the day goes to Miss Brown Hair Skintight Tank Top. She was one of the better ones I have seen all summer.

Gym Mysteries:
    1. None

Other Stuff:
    1. My squat is 155 pounds under my deadlift right now. It will probably be 145-ish when I max on squats. I thought my squat was going to gain some ground on my deadlift this summer. But, the reason I didn't was just because I couldn't quit improving on my deadlifts rather than lack of improvement on squats.
    2. My bench really needs to do something more than the 5 pounds it has improved since December this fall. I think I'll try higher rep ranges with the DBs to try to give my body something different. Plus, dips will make their return.
    3. I went back to get a new drivers license since my old one had gotten sort of damaged and everyone was kind of getting skeptical about it. I wish they could have just printed a new one out for me without having to go through all the trouble of getting a new one. To make matters worse, it still expires in 2005 and not 2007. I was able to update my eye color and weight though on it. I was 160 back when I got my license on my 21st birthday. I now put down 170 making me one of the few people to lie high as opposed to low. I figure I'll probably be 175 or something by the time I renew it again.

5 days

clvmike19: I'm almost positive you could make it to the Indiana line in under 4 hours barring bad traffic. I've been by Youngstown before and it was less than 5 to Fort Wayne (where I'm at when I'm not at school)which is about the same distance as South Bend from the Indiana line on the Toll Road. It is only about an hour to South Bend from the Indiana Line on the Toll Road. OSU was picked to finish first in the Big Ten at least according to SI. Most other publications I have seen have also picked OSU first. For my sake, I hope Purdue doesn't beat themselves like they always seem to do against Notre Dame (or actually against every freakin team last year). We have a new special teams coach this year, so hopefully that will help.

FFeJ: Thanks, I'm almost there with my squat max. I plan to finish things off later this week with some max attempts there. I wanted to sort of go halfway there today because if I would have tried a max, it would have been an extra 25 pounds from anything I have ever squatted. I wanted to gradually get use to a heavier weight as an injury preventative and also as a way to better estimate what I should attempt.
    5-9 170