Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Abduct Your Abductor Machine (ryan1117 year 2)

I watched the Atl game last week. They were ALL OVER Vicks nuts. It made me sick!
    " ...if all else fails, just whip out those b'normous biceps!!!!!!! Teh lad33z <3 teh str3ngth!"- McIrish

"An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy..."

"When a man is in love, is jealous, and has been whipped by the Inquisition, he is no longer himself..."- Voltaire

Sunday, December 14, 2003(Arm Day)

Weight =167.0

Tricep Extensions (105/14!)
    This set felt very smooth. I improved once again after my previous rut I was stuck in. Hopefully, this and DB Bench can link up again for some improvement. They both have seemed to feed off of each other, which makes sense due to the overlap of muscles used. It was weird because my vision was kind of blurred at the end of this exercise. I think a contact came loose from the intensity. It was fine though after that.

DB Bicep Curls (50/10)
    These were down a bit today. I don't know why, but I'm not going to worry too much.

Tricep Pushdowns (155/13)
    This set doesn't worry me too much since I did fine with my tricep extensions.

Hammer Curls (50/9.5)
    These were nearly 10 reps, but not quite.

Cybex Ab Crunches (165/15!)
    The slow and steady improvement I'm aiming for here is working out nicely. The machine felt oiled, but it also felt oiled last time.

Hot Chicks:
    1. This one had some light brown hair tied back. She had a dress code violation with some sweats. She had a nice face and legs.
    2. This one had some straight blonde hair tied back. She had a dress code violation with some sweats. She had nice leanness and a good face.
    3. This one had some straight brown hair in a ponytail. She had a dress code violation with some sweats. She had good looking legs.
    4. This one had some straight black hair tied back. She had a dress code violation with some sweats. She had nice leanness and a great face. She was stretching.
    5. This one had some light brown hair tied back. She wore some short black shorts and had some nice leanness. However, she used the abductor machine.
    6. This one had some straight long dark brown hair in a ponytail. She wore some short blue shorts and was stretching making the shorts even shorter. She only had a mediocre face though. But, that is enough since she isn't fat.

The winner of the day goes to Miss Straight Black Hair. There weren't really any standouts today, but she was an 8.5.

Gym Mysteries:
    1. I hear the same songs every workout on Sunday since they decided to play some top 40 crap. There has been lots of complaining about the radio station lately. They had this great alternative station they would play. Then, a few ultra-sensitive people complained about the language being offensive. Of course the station gets changed due to that. If the language was so bad, then why isn't the FCC shutting them down? Oh wait, that's because the people bitching about it are recumbent bike riding, abductor machine warming, chalk hating, selfish, Y2K fearing, reality TV watching, toning, lifetime watching, narcissistic, afraid to fly, save the rainforest protesting, grand theft auto hating, PETA loving, cottage cheese legged, deadlifts are bad for your back, what would Jared do asking, squats are bad for your knees, Atkins dieting, extended warranty buying pussies.
    2. I think I'll complain to them about the top 40 stuff being offensive to me. I find the lyrics too materialistic. I'm going to be a fake-liberal like members of GLAAD and try to shut everything down that I don't like. Seriously though, I'm not going to do anything. (I just can't stand so-called liberal groups that are anything but liberal.)
    3. There were curls in the squat rack.

Other Stuff:
    1. They had a commercial on the top-40 radio station about Bob Knight's new book or something. I was waiting for the next commercial to be Sally Struthers peddling for the Career Institute thing. After all, the "high school" part would be a useful item for the target audience of the book.
    2. It's off to the championship in fantasy football next week for me.
    3. I loved the Colts exposing Vick this week. I'm so sick of ESPN over hyping him. In fact, someone made a parody of ESPN a few years back. They called it VSPN. It looked exactly like ESPN, only it had custom articles.
    4. I'd say Peyton Manning may have solidified his bid for NFL MVP this year today. He had 5 TDs and 0 Interceptions in 3 quarters.

Highlights From My Workout 1 Year Ago:
    I weighed in at 164. I was back at home for Christmas Break. I didn't have an actual workout, but the Colts came back from a 16-0 deficit to win. I screwed around with some 1-handed pushups getting 12.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    clvmike19: Yeah, Vick must have suited up and played defense for Atlanta last week. That was how they won. Even with the game today, ESPN kept plugging Sportscenter with lines like, "…and see how the Colts stopped Michael Vick" How about, "…and see how nobody can stop Peyton Manning"
    5-9 170

I agree that Vick is overrated. Nice work on the tricep ext's.

P.S. Switch back to the crank yankers avatar.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Liberal anything usually frustrates me to no end. Wesley Clark, Howard Dean are two of the biggest phonies in politics today. God help us if we elect either of them. I think the discovery/arrest of Hussein was a HUGE boost to President Bush.

Speaking of music in the gym. There is one group of guys in my gym that control the cd player. EVERYDAY when they are there they play the same metal crap. Its horrible music. Bad lyrics. Predictable guitar and progressions. Not to mention its the same songs Ive heard for a whole year now!!! So when they are in there I usually just make funof the songs out loud. Smart ass comments are just making fun of how they sing. The low growl thing they do.
    " ...if all else fails, just whip out those b'normous biceps!!!!!!! Teh lad33z <3 teh str3ngth!"- McIrish

"An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy..."

"When a man is in love, is jealous, and has been whipped by the Inquisition, he is no longer himself..."- Voltaire

Tuesday, December 16, 2003(Rest Day)

No, I didn't write all this at once, but I needed to put it out today due to the bowls starting. A slap in the head goes to the first person that posts. "Geez, you wrote all that at once"

Best Game of Last Time I made picks:
    Kansas State over Oklahoma
    None of the games were close last week. So, I'll have to pick the most shocking one as the best. This was a major shock. I figured Kansas State might keep things close, but not win. (let alone a blowout) At the starting of the game, it looked like another blowout for Oklahoma. Kansas State went 3 and out while Oklahoma quickly scored. However, K-State shut out Oklahoma from then on to win 35-7. The nice thing is that this will bring chaos to the BCS now.

My Joe Tiller/Jim Chaney Conservative Game Plan Call of the Week
    Picking Illinois to upset Northwestern
    I thought that Illinois would come to play in a winnable game to get a win against a division 1 team. Apparently, that didn’t work. Northwestern will now go to a bowl game that they don't deserve.

My Joe Tiller/Jim Chaney Conservative Game Plan Call of the Year
    1. Picking Notre Dame to Upset Florida State--The final score was 38-0 FSU.
    Runner Up---Picking Clemson to Upset Georgia---This one was 30-0 Georgia.

My Best Call of the Year:
    1. Picking Northern Illinois to Upset Maryland--This was at the start of the year before Northern Illinois played.
    Runner Up--Picking Pitt over Virginia Tech (at the time it was a big upset)

Bowl Snubs
    I know how the system works. These are from if the system threw out conference affiliations and just took the best teams available.

1. Northern Illinois: Sure, their early wins weren't as impressive as they seemed at the time, but they still went 10-2. 10-2 this year is impressive since the MAC is the best non-BCS conference this year.
    2. Marshall: Surprise Surprise. Here is another MAC team left out. Marshall had an impressive road win over Kansas State who Oklahoma couldn't stay within 4 touchdowns against. They also played Tennessee to a close game at Tennessee.
    3. Toledo: No way…..another MAC team? Here is the third team that would have won Conference USA this year, yet doesn't go to a bowl. They beat Pitt earlier this year which means they have as many quality wins as all of Conference USA had combined. But, since they are not in Conference USA, they don't get a bowl.

Early Christmas Presents:
    Here are some teams that should be thankful since they don’t deserve to go to a bowl, but will anyway.

1. Houston: Here is a team that lost their only big game by a ton. Michigan beat them 50-3. But, since they are in Conference USA, they will go to a bowl.
    2. Kansas: Kansas did beat Missouri, but got whipped on most of their other games. They get 2nd place off of the tiebreaker with Northwestern since they lost to Northwestern.
    3. Northwestern: A BCS Bowl for aOSU means that Northwestern gets to get killed by Bowling Green. Northwestern did beat Wisconsin, but that is their only quality win. The bad thing about this will be them hurting the Big Ten's bowl record.

Bowl Predictions:

NEW ORLEANS BOWL
    Memphis vs. North Texas

This is probably the worst bowl of the entire bowl season. I'm sure that is a major factor on why it is the first one. Anyway, Memphis seemed to have a few decent games in Conference USA. North Texas played a bunch of nobodies all year to get to where they are. In fact, North Texas made this same bowl a few years back with a losing record. It is pretty bad when you can win your conference, but still have an overall losing record.
    Memphis 34 North Texas 24

GMAC BOWL
    Miami (Ohio) vs. Louisville

Miami is a legit 14 ranking in the AP Poll. Louisville is only an okay team. I see Roethlisberger passing all over Louisville who has had a very suspect defense all year.
    Miami (Ohio) 55 Louisville 21

TANGERINE BOWL
    North Carolina State vs. Kansas

NC State doesn't have that great of a defense, but has a decent offense. Kansas got here in similar fashion to Northwestern which is pulling one upset and getting 5 other wins over bad teams.
    NC State 34 Kansas 10

FORT WORTH BOWL
    TCU vs. Boise State

This is a match up between two teams with great records obtained from a schedule that would make Frank Beamer and his multiple chins jealous. Boise State looked really good the two times or so I saw them on TV.
    Boise State 48 TCU 31

LAS VEGAS BOWL
    Oregon State vs. New Mexico

I'm going to go with my instincts here and pick New Mexico to upset Oregon State. It seems like the Mountain West team has won this match up a bunch in the last few years.
    New Mexico 24 Oregon State 21

HAWAII BOWL
    Houston vs. Hawaii

Does Hawaii ever NOT play in this bowl? It seems like they are there every year. Both teams seem to have weak defenses and high flying offenses. I think Houston would win this one on a neutral field. However, this will be like a home game for Hawaii.
    Hawaii 48 Houston 42

MOTOR CITY BOWL
    Bowling Green vs. Northwestern

Having seen both of these teams this year, I can assure you that Bowling Green is much better than Northwestern. Tiller gave Bowling Green a gift by getting all conservative against them. He also got all conservative on Northwestern, but Purdue was still able to blow them out despite terrible playcalling.
    Bowling Green 45 Northwestern 24

INSIGHT BOWL
    Virginia Tech vs. Cal

I see they dropped the dot com off the end of this bowl. They should add it back since Virginia Tech is in it. Virginia Tech has made a trend of being way overrated early thanks to that Frank Beamer Schedule only to fall like a rock once they play real competition. As a result, they end up in some cheap bowl game. Cal has had some impressive games this year like the one over USC. However, they only beat Illinois by 7 points.
    Virginia Tech 28 Cal 17

CONTINENTAL TIRE BOWL
    Pitt vs. Virginia

Pitt can't stop the run. They really can't stop the run. This one is a tough one to call though since Pitt is still decent despite their run defense. I think I'll go with Pitt due to Larry Fitzgerald.
    Pitt 31 Virginia 30

ALAMO BOWL
    Michigan State vs. Nebraska

At least you don’t have to worry about Nebraska getting any more gift National Titles like they did in 1997 and 1994. Michigan State has looked very good at times this year and not so good at other times. I see MSU showing up for this game and beating Nebraska
    Michigan State 31 Nebraska 27

HOUSTON BOWL
    Navy vs. Texas Tech

Navy is really good for a service team. However, good for a service team is saying Kellen Winslow Junior is a better sportsman than Robert Reynolds. Texas Tech has a spectacular offense, but also has a terrible defense.
    Texas Tech 48 Navy 31

HOLIDAY BOWL
    Texas vs. Washington State

Washington State is overrated in my mind. They seem to make a bunch of turnovers, but still somehow found a way to be 9-3. Texas has looked very good all year with the exception of the Oklahoma Game. I see Texas forcing turnovers and winning this game.
    Texas 38 Washington State 21

SILICON VALLEY CLASSIC
    UCLA vs. Fresno State

This sounds like a boring game. UCLA couldn't score a touchdown against Illinois' defense. Fresno State isn't what they were when they had David Carr. UCLA on the other hand has lost 4 straight games. Their loss to Stanford and only beating Arizona by 3 are definitely not ways to impress me. I'll still go with UCLA. I figure they are due for a good performance.
    UCLA 34 Fresno State 31

MUSIC CITY BOWL
    Wisconsin vs. Auburn

Wisconsin is playing in this game over Minnesota, which is bulls*it. Minnesota also beat Wisconsin head to head and also had a better record. Auburn runs the ball pretty well. Wisconsin does a decent job stopping the run. I think Wisconsin matches up well
    Wisconsin 31 Auburn 27

SUN BOWL
    Oregon vs. Minnesota

Oregon is a very overrated team. Somehow they put together a miracle game and beat Michigan earlier in the year. Minnesota played a bunch of cupcakes early on and made their usual stumble in the Big Ten. However, they only ended up losing 3 games instead of their usual 5 or 6. I see Minnesota running it all over Oregon.
    Minnesota 38 Oregon 24

LIBERTY BOWL
    Utah vs. Southern Mississippi

Utah lost to aTm. Southern Miss got blown out by Cal and Alabama. This doesn't sound like too good of a game to me.
    Utah 24 Southern Miss 21

INDEPENDENCE BOWL
    Missouri vs. Arkansas

Missouri beat Nebraska earlier this year, but also lost to Kansas. Arkansas had an eye-opening victory over Texas and had many other close games they fell just short in.
    Arkansas 27 Missouri 21

SAN FRANCISCO BOWL
    Boston College vs. Colorado State

I'm not mentioning any corporate names here. Colorado State has always been a decent mid-major the last few years. Boston College has had a few impressive wins this year. I'll go with Boston College since the Big East is stronger than the Mountain West.
    Boston College 45 Colorado State 38

OUTBACK BOWL
    Iowa vs. Florida

Iowa really should be playing in the Sugar Bowl. No not really, but I wouldn't put it past some Iowa Fans to say that. After all, there was an Iowa Fan earlier this year that felt they could beat an NFL team. It was disgusting how many of their fans felt they should have been in the Capital One Bowl over Purdue. When Purdue fans would bring up how they were down 27-0 on Purdue before they scored two garbage-time TDs, they just said, "Well……You lost to Bowling Green". Florida will want to come out there and dominate since they lost a close one to the Florida State Criminoles. Florida will have big numbers there since the game will be played in Florida. However, due to how well Iowa Fans travel, they will probably have to build a second stadium to hold all the Iowa Fans.
    Florida 27 Iowa 13

GATOR BOWL
    Maryland vs. West Virginia

West Virginia has really finished this year strong after a very bad start. In fact, they have won seven straight games. Both teams played each other earlier this year with Maryland blowing out West Virginia 34-7. However, that was West Virginia in their losing streak. This is a new West Virginia Team. I think they avenge their early season blowout and win this game.
    West Virginia 31 Maryland 24

CITRUS BOWL
    Purdue vs. Georgia

I'm going to refuse to call this bowl by it's new corporate name. I'm going to call it by the name it has always been. Luckily since Georgia is a good team, Tiller and Chaney won't bring out their conservative offense. Their game plan against IU was one of the most pathetic coaching jobs I have ever seen. There was nothing but predictable formation after predictable formation. You knew it was going to be a run every time just from the formation. On top of that, all those runs just milked the clock helping keep IU in the game. When Purdue gets in the red zone, we will probably see that fade route to Ingraham that quit working after the first game a bunch of times. Of course, everything isn't Tiller and Chaney's fault. Orton will likely throw the ball at waist level to a 6-9 receiver instead of putting it in a place where only Ingraham can get it.

Anyway, this game will likely be full of sacks. Purdue will probably have a field day due to Georgia's offensive line. Hopefully, Purdue can force some turnovers. Georgia will also likely force some sacks of their own due to Orton's limited mobility. (he has done better lately though) Maybe Tiller will call my favorite play which is the wheel route to Brandon Jones. Jones has always been wide open on that play. Unfortunately, the last two of them have been screwed up due to Orton under throwing one and Jones dropping a pass on the other. I think Purdue comes up a bit short since their offense is not as good without Kirsch at QB.
    Georgia 23 Purdue 17

ROSE BOWL
    Michigan vs. USC

People are bitching about USC not being in the Sugar Bowl, but that is because they are the 3rd best team out there right now. Actually, if you went by how teams were playing right now, Michigan would likely be number 1. USC will get some help thanks to pretty much having a home field advantage, but I feel Michigan is the better team.
    Michigan 35 USC 31

ORANGE BOWL
    Miami vs. Florida State

This is definitely the worst BCS game for this year. I really wanted to see aOSU put a beating on Miami. I figure they probably would score a bunch of points on the defensive end due to how bad Brock Berlin is. Chris Rix is a bad QB that has good receivers for F$U. I think F$U wins this one assuming it isn't the monsoon they had at F$U
    Florida State 34 Miami 24

COTTON BOWL
    Mississippi vs. Oklahoma State

It looks like they added a sponsor here too that I'll refuse to name. Mississippi will look to win this game behind Eli Manning. Oklahoma State has looked pretty good all year with the exception of the Oklahoma game. Mississippi played LSU tough a few weeks back.
    Mississippi 31 Oklahoma State 27

PEACH BOWL
    Tennessee vs. Clemson

Tennessee is the Michigan Basketball of the SEC. It seems like I keep hearing allegations against Fulmer every few months or so. For some reason, they just get swept under the rug. Michigan Basketball is similar, but they actually got punished. However, they were like Tennessee this year when the NCAA lifted their postseason ban for something that warranted something closer to the death penalty.
    Clemson only plays good when their coach is on the hot seat. I don’t like that in a team since it shows they obviously weren't giving it 100% all year by comparing the F$U game to some of the others. Anyway, Bowden is staying, so I figure Tennessee will win this one. Even though I want to see Tennessee lose, I don't think they will. Hopefully, Clemson can put a few big hits on James Banks. He picked Tennessee over Purdue a few years ago due to "academics". I assume what he means by that is that Tennessee probably has majors like sociology at Duke or sports management at IU. I'm sure every school makes certain majors specially made easy for athletes. I just think that "academics" line is very shady.
    Tennessee 38 Clemson 24

FIESTA BOWL
    Kansas State vs. aOSU

I really don't like Bill Snyder after how he handled that interview at the end of the Oklahoma game. He acted like an arrogant SOB during the interview and even ignored the person interviewing him for a few seconds. On top of that, I really don't like him from how he and K-State handled themselves before the 1998 Alamo Bowl. K-State was an overtime away from going undefeated and playing in the national championship. However, aTm beat them in overtime forcing them out of the national championship. I don't agree with how far they fell either, but they crossed the line by trash-talking Purdue before that game. Anyway, in my all time favorite Purdue Football game, Purdue ended up beating K-State on a game that can now be seen on ESPN Classic. The closeness of the game didn't really tell the story since Purdue gift-wrapped K-State two TDs in that game from bad punt snaps. If it wasn't for those, Purdue would have blown out K-State. The best picture from that game was at one point where the camera was focused on Bill Snyder. He was just standing there with his head buried in his hands. It was the greatest. I'll have to try to get my recorded video of that game saved to my computer so I can post that classic picture of such an a-hole.

It's not like I care for Tressel that much either this year after the sorry excuse for a punishment he put on Robert Reynolds. He gave a 1-game suspension for a criminal act. I want to see aOSU beat K-State, but I think they will have their hands full. If K-State plays like they did against Oklahoma, aOSU probably will lose.
    Kansas State 24 aOSU 17

HUMANITARIAN BOWL
    Georgia Tech vs. Tulsa

I'm surprised this game doesn't have a sponsor name. They might as well call it the Tampax Humanitarian Bowl or something since I could care less about this game. I would think Georgia Tech would be the favorite in this game, but they got blown out by Duke.
    Georgia Tech 24 Tulsa 14

SUGAR BOWL
    LSU vs. Oklahoma

Okay people, stop your whining. The right two teams are in this bowl. USC and Oklahoma both had one loss. However, Oklahoma looked much more impressive in the games they won. Both Oklahoma and USC both had fairly easy schedules, but Oklahoma had more quality teams on theirs. LSU is by far the most proven team however due to how many ranked teams they have played this year. Judging by their beating on Georgia, I'd say they are the team to beat right now. Of course, I could easily see the Oklahoma that blew out Texas showing up and winning also. LSU will have a home field advantage though since they will be playing in Louisiana. I think that may be enough to put them over the top.
    LSU 28 Oklahoma 27
    --------------------------
    Saint Patrick: Nah, I think I'll hang on to my final fantasy avatar. I kind of don't want to keep switching avatars. Plus, FF7 was the last game that didn't start to have all this annoying crap just there to inflate the play time of the game. (like summons in FF8, the monster arena in FFX, or the whole f-ing excuse for a game they call ffXI.)

clvmike19: I probably would actually consider myself more of a liberal even though I have views on different areas all over the spectrum. (I'm sure nobody is surprised by me having strong opinions one way or another) But, I can't stand many of the many of these selfish pro-censorship people which usually call themselves liberals.
    Last edited by ryan1117; 12-16-2003 at 07:27 PM.
    5-9 170

Holy **** thats alot of work!

OSU wins 21-20.

LSU may be a great team, but I think OU's embarassment with K-State will put them back into sharp focus and the will pull out a no question win. *has fingers crossed*

OU- 35
    LSU- 17
    Weight: 194.0 lbs.Height: 5' 11"
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:
    Put on size and git Strong(er)
    Raw Goals: 450 Squat, 365 Bench, 570 Deadlift

"Weak points come from not doing the things you suck at doing." -Dave Tate

too much time on your hands...
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1117
    Saint Patrick: Nah, I think I'll hang on to my final fantasy avatar. I kind of don't want to keep switching avatars. Plus, FF7 was the last game that didn't start to have all this annoying crap just there to inflate the play time of the game. (like summons in FF8, the monster arena in FFX, or the whole f-ing excuse for a game they call ffXI.)

My all-time fave is FFII (FF4 jap)
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Thursday, December 18, 2003(Push Day)
    Finals are over for me and I finally had time for a workout.

Weight = 169

DB Bench (90/14.5!)
    This isn't much, but I'll take what I can get. I'm happy to be making progress here. I had 14 by the skin of my teeth last week. I had the 14th fairly easily, but the 15th wasn't really all that close.

DB Incline (75/13.5!)
    Woo hoo! This went up. However, DB inclines always seem to be so inconsistent, especially coming after bench.

DB Laterals (30/11)
    These are down a little, but I'm not too concerned based on my first two lifts.

Cybex Ab Crunches (165/15.5!)
    Here is a routine token improvement on the ab crunches.

Dips (BW+150/2!)
    This felt heavy.

Hot Chicks:
    1. This one had some short maroon text on the butt shorts. She had nice proportions and decent lean body mass. She had some curly black hair tied back. I saw her leaving on my way in, but she probably would have been the kind of chick that would have done some standing hamstring stretching facing the wall of course to give everyone a good view of her.
    2. This one had some light brown hair tied back. I sort of picked her of. She had a dress code violation with some black windsuit pants. She stuck to machines though.
    3. This one had some black hair tied back and some nice leanness. I didn't get to see what she was wearing. She looked pretty good though.
    4. This one had some short navy shorts. She had nice leanness and a great face. However, she was borderline anorexic, but not too bad. She was sure to distract me on my DB exercises by bending over right in front of me at the DB rack.
    5. This one had some short blue shorts and some dark brown hair tied back. She was sort of tall and had some fat, but no cottage cheese. She also had decent lean body mass.
    6. This one had some curly black hair tied back. She had a great face, but a dress code violation with some black windsuit pants. She looked kind of like your typical cheerleader. She looked to have nice leanness, but I had trouble confirming due to the dress code violation.
    7. This one had some straight light brown hair in a ponytail. She wore some short gray cotton shorts. She had nice and smooth legs that were lean. I picked her off. I liked how she wasn't tan.

The winner of the day goes to Miss maroon shorts. She just looked too good. I really wish she would have not been leaving. I'll give her a 9.

Gym Mysteries:
    1. It was too damn crowded considering some people have already left for xmas break and it also being 11pm.

Other Stuff:
    1. Finals are over, I didn't really have any disasters. I'd actually say that I had all 4 of my finals roughly consistent with how I did in the class the whole year.
    2. I get to go home tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get the internet problem solved. I may need to get a wireless router and wireless card.

I didn't have a workout, but there were a few things that sort of made me mad that day from this board. I'll just go ahead and mention them now. One thing a year ago that bothered me was the typical, "what does it matter if you are natural or not" question. I say it does matter because I know for one thing that many naturals would love to be a little more dedicated, but can't due to overtraining. Sure, most normal people are ignorant and wrongly take away credit from users. However, lying about using takes away from naturals by comparison. I have nothing against users and disagree with the laws against it out there. I just don't like it when people start saying such quotes that really aren't 100% true. The other one was just a post making it sound like you can just go off and do whatever you want without any consequences. I also didn't like seeing Vanderjagt get snubbed for the Pro Bowl. (however he is there this year)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    clvmike19: Hopefully

Big o Boy: Yeah, I could see that happening. That's why that game was so tough to pick. I could see anything from LSU winning to Oklahoma blowing them out. I have been impressed by LSU's defense though which is why I picked them.

cphafner: I wish. At least finals are over now.

Saint Patrick: I've only played that for the first hour or so. I've played 1, and then 5-11. I feel 7 was the best and 6 was a close 2nd. All the others I feel were significantly behind those two.
    5-9 170

Dips (BW+150/2!)
    Nice job, looks like you're getting really close to the double bodyweight dip!
    "It's a good weight... for a small woman." -Dorian Yates

Awesome dips man... Keep at it.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

Nice session. I agree with the other posters about the dips. BW+150lb is impressive.

54-48 you weren't too far off on the Hawaii Bowl. That was game was kinda fun to watch. No defense and tons of offense, not to mention a brawl after the game ended. lol.
    Squat - 505
    Bench - 325
    Deadlift - 550
    Total - 1380@175

Wednesday, December 31, 2003(Rest Day)
    I haven’t been updating because I haven't worked out over Christmas break yet. I'm still not sure if I will or not before I go back to school. I'm leaning towards not working out until I get back so my back injury hopefully will be 100% recovered. An interesting tidbit will be that once I do get back, I will have nearly been without squats or deadlifts for two full months. I feel 100%, but I also felt 100% a few days after the injury, but things change when you are squatting or deadlifting as opposed to everyday activity. So, I figure this is actually an ideal time to not be lifting so I can play it safe and hopefully not risk re-injuring my back.

In addition to that, I'm off to Orlando today for the Purdue/Georgia Game. With that being in the middle of my break, it also helps contribute to me not lifting. Hopefully everyone on here has a great New Year!

Other Stuff:
    1. I'm beyond mad at the Colorado State Timekeeper last night. Purdue was ahead of them with the ball and 0.7 seconds left on the clock. Purdue did what they were supposed to do in that situation by aiming the ball past half court. However, the ball was clearly tipped on the inbounds pass and it went right to a Colorado State player that hit the winning shot. THE CLOCK STARTS ON A TIP. Thanks to basketball allowing home town timekeepers, this bullsh*t happens. Remember the Michigan-Michigan State football game a few years back in football. The MSU timekeeper stopped the clock for about two extra seconds so Michigan State could get the winning touchdown pass off in time. Changes were made to the timekeeper at football games after that. However, you still have home town timekeepers in basketball. Thanks to ESPN fuc*ing over everything when they bought out Raycom, this game was not on. Raycom used to show every game. What is the significance of this? If Raycom still was around, the refs would have been able to look at the replay and disallow the shot due to the tipped ball. I did see a replay from a Denver TV station clearly showing the ball being tipped. The ball then pretty much floats up in the air (from the tip) About 1.4 seconds later (timed from freeze framing the video) the ball falls into the CSU players hands. Remember now, the clock is supposed to start on a tip, so the game would be 0.7 seconds past over when the player gets the ball. Then of course, the player still has to shoot the ball. That roughly made it 2 seconds by the time the shot was off.

If ESPN didn't take over Raycom, Purdue would have won due to instant replay being allowed when the game is televised. Since the NFL refs aren't calling college basketball games, you would have had someone make the right call. I also admit that Purdue deserved to lose that game with how bad they played, but not in that way. They look like a totally different team right now from the team a month ago that beat Duke by double-digits.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FFeJ: Thanks, I will admit it was a very ugly (but legit) two reps. My arms were trembling like crazy with that kind of weight. That sort of worries me about injuring myself. I'd bet I'm probably good for 160 right now for a max which puts me about 10 away from a double bodyweight.

Big o Boy: Thanks

aka23: Thanks to you too.

DK: Hopefully that Houston Player gets suspended. That was a Robert Reynolds style act by using a helmet as a weapon swinging it at a player. I'm not doing as well as I did in the regular season so far since I'm only 8-5 so far in my picks. (well 7-6 on here since I changed my pick to Virginia on ESPNs bowl challenge after I posted my picks here) Hopefully my sub-par picking will continue tomorrow in the Capital One Bowl!
    5-9 170

ryan, enjoy the bowl game. We had Pitt-UVa here in Charlotte last week, and the stadium was a ghost town.
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Have fun at the game bro! Wish I could hit the sugar bowl, but I guess I'll watch it with my friends on the big screen.

GO PURDUE!

Hope you get back into them big weights soon, bro.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

Monday, January 05, 2004(Rest Day)
    OPERATION: TONE MY BODY

It's time to get those buns of steel and for me to cut off that extra baggage on my thighs. I need to sculpt that area between my hamstrings and glutes with scientifically proven toning techniques. I'll be doing lots of cardio to help me get that v-shaped torso. I wish I could get a membership at Curves, but I can't have the honor of their very-effective workouts since I'm male. Okay, never mind. I'm sure what I just said was about as believable as Richard Simmons having sex with a woman. I just figured I'd throw in a catchy line for a title. The shallow police are probably already wreaking havoc in the gym as I speak. Remember, we all are shallow since we lift in August, but they are not when they lift in January and make a "shallow" (as defined by them) New Years Resolution. (even though they don't understand that I'm more of a powerlifter and care more about strength; but they have the reasonability of a PETA Member.) Anyway, the abductor machine repair man will probably be working overtime. I fear what it is going to be like trying to get my sets of abs in now too since there will be lots of people working on getting their six pack at 25% bodyfat. I saw that Slim in Six is back on the infomercials. That was an infomercial that I used as a motivational tool every Sunday Morning before deadlifting last year.

I'd figure I'd throw in an update here. A week from now, I'll be back at school and back to working out. Hopefully that will include squatting and deadlifting. The problem is that I will not know until I do those exercises. My back felt fine a couple of days after the injury, but felt really f-ed up during the lifts. It will tell a lot on how things feel once I get back. If I'm still having problems, it will be major problems for me since it will be nearly 2 months by then.

Capital One Bowl Related Stuff:
    1. I t was my first time flying post-September 11th. I was expecting things to be very bad. Instead, they were only bad. Extra security wasn't much of a holdup in most places. However, it would later prove to be a major pain in the ass in Orlando.
    2. Detroit's airport kicks ass. It was a sorry airport the last time I was there. It is really nicely designed now. They have a big straightaway that is maybe 1-2 miles long. They have a monorail running along the upper part which is nice.
    3. Flying keeps getting worse for me on planes. I mean, I'm only about 170 pounds, but I have to really pull my shoulders in just so they don't encroach onto people sitting next to me since I guess they expect you to have the shoulders of an Atkins Dieter.
    4. Every time I go to Florida, I forget just how flat it is there. That is saying a lot too considering I live in Indiana.
    5. I'd been to Orlando before, but it reminds me a lot of Las Vegas. You go miles and miles without seeing a residential area, but see non-stop hotels/theme parks.
    6. We tailgated early before the game. One of the guys there was number two on the donation list for Purdue Sports. I'm wondering how many million (literally) he donates every year to get to number two.
    7. Another guy at our tailgate was sporting his invention. He made a blender out of a drill. He had about every type of alcohol you could think of to make drinks with it. He had the entire back of his truck filled with stuff to mix drinks with. Here is a link: http://www.tailgatehq.com/boat_blender.htm
    8. Surprisingly the Purdue chicks actually gave the Georgia chicks a little bit of competition. A lot of Purdue Chicks looked pretty hot there. However, Georgia still had a lot of chicks that had the modelesque face with blonde hair to go with their perfect bodies. You rarely ever see a chick with both at Purdue.
    9. The Hot Chick Superbowl Champion was on the jumbotron at the game, but you would expect that since she is a cheerleader.
    10. I like how a lot of Georgia Chicks wear dresses to football games. They look pretty hot like that. It all depends though on how long the dress is. If it is too long, I'd rather just see the daisy-duke shorts with rolled up sleeves the Purdue Chicks wear. But, most were short enough.
    11. I really like the Citrus Bowl. It is a nice stadium that doesn't really have a bad seat in the house. I was in some of the worst seats they had. (upper deck and in the corner) However, it was still a very good view. Thanks to the Purdue people traveling so well, that was all that was left. Purdue sold out their allotment.
    12. The people at my tailgate were really kissing up to the cops. They kept bringing stuff to the cops from our tailgate.
    13. I had to get up at 4am the next morning thanks to a 6:40 am flight. The sad thing was that despite getting up that early and being fairly close to the airport, it still was a close call thanks to security.
    14. I hate Orlando's Airport this time of year. They are severly understaffed for how many people were there. I guess Disney World wasn't letting any more people in due to it being so crowded. So, maybe that is why things were so bad in the airport. However, I'm sure they could have planned ahead better. To add insult to injury, they had about 15 minutes of idle time where the security people just stood around waiting for something.
    15. The flight out of Orlando went to Houston which was way out of the way.
    16. I was in Houston's Airport for about 6 hours before I got out of there.
    17. I got a laugh out of how many people were wearing cowboy hats there. I always thought it was an overblown stereotype, but I guess not.
    18. I think Texas sets a record for most cities that planes fly to that I have never heard of. But, California might give that a good challenge.
    19. At least I was in first class from Houston to Indianapolis. That is how all seats should be. I'm waiting for the day airlines get the green light for standing room only. They would love that. Actually, I would rather stand the whole time if it meant more personal space.
    20. I was welcomed back here with a big blizzard. We got lots of ice and at least a foot of snow today.

Game Related Stuff:
    1. Purdue lost in overtime to Georgia, but I'm actually pretty proud of them. They were down 24-0 early in the game. They came all the way back to force overtime only to lose in it.
    2. The pass interference call was absolutely horrible in overtime. That ball was nowhere near catchable. It gave Georgia a first down from the 3. It took them all four downs to get those 3 yards.
    3. Georgia clipped on about every kickoff and punt return. The refs only flagged them on one. They flagged Purdue on at least two.
    4. The playcalling was terrible once again early in the game. Jim Chaney once again called a conservative game all the way until Purdue fell behind 24-0. Then, he finally started calling more plays than the 3-yard pass that the receiver has to turn around and has no chance at any yards after the catch. Purdue started throwing the ball down the field and what do you know, they come back.
    5. Purdue's defense was absolutely horrendous in the first half. They gave up more yards in the first half than they allowed in many games during the season. They kept over-blitzing leaving the screens wide open which it seemed like Georgia got a gazillion yards off of in the first half.

Other Stuff:
    1. The Colts had a dominating game today. Hopefully they can continue this momentum next week. I like that they play Kansas City instead of New England.
    2. LSU won the national championship tonight. It is ashamed they have to share it. It was like in 97-98 when Michigan was first in both polls, won their bowl game, and had to share it. Some moron I think voted Michigan 4th place so Nebraska could share the National Title with them. LSU ended up with one loss just like USC. However, LSU played by far the tougher schedule. Therefore they should be the undisputed champion. However, Strength of Schedule is not valued enough in the polls. Proof of this is by Virginia Tech being routinely overrated every year after beating up on cupcakes and then falling out of the rankings once they play real teams. A good example would have also been TCU being ranked in the top ten earlier this year.
    3. Another good example would be to ask yourself how many teams would have had one loss with USC's schedule. I'd say about ten teams would. How many teams could have lost one game with LSUs schedule? I'd say only LSU.
    4. At least it isn't Nebraska getting another gift national title like in 97-98 and 94-95. Nebraska had an easier schedule both years than Michigan and Penn State respectively.
    5. Speaking of Nebraska, I'm getting a good laugh about how they keep getting turned down by coaches. Maybe they can get Gerry DiNardo. He found a way to make a team like LSU go 3-7. But, I want him to stay at IU. If he couldn't win at LSU, he won't win at IU. It is kind of like John Mackovic. He couldn't cut it at Texas. He then went to Arizona and drove them into the ground until he got fired.
    6. I ended up a horrible 16-12 for my bowl picks. It still put me in the top third even though it was pretty mediocre. I also would have finished something like 7th out of 16 as compared to the ESPN people in the same thing. I was in the 94.5th percentile or something like that for my regular season picks. I ended up 11-2 on my Purdue picks missing the first two and correctly picking the final 11. That was my best season since I went 11-1 a few years back on their games.
    cphafner: It was fun even though they lost. Even though the final outcome was a lot like the one against them a few years back in the Outback Bowl, I felt totally different after the game. I was very happy how they came back from 24-0 to force overtime. The last game against Georgia, Purdue blew a 25-0 lead and lost in overtime. That game was one of the most painful losses.

Big o Boy: Oklahoma's lack of a great running back really hurt them the last two games. I'm sure they probably have some good recruits coming in though.
    5-9 170

Ryan: it was a helluva good game. I was pumped by the panther's win yesterday. Oklahoma looked like a fraud yesterday. After this bowl season, the B12 should drop drop 2 or 3 notches. LSU was damn impressive.
    My Journal

Glad to hear you had a good time at the Citrus Bowl (minus the Purdure L) Hook up with any of those hot GA chicks? My ex was from GA and oooooooooh boy she could......

...just dropped by to say something to you sportcenter bro, are you into the College Basketball too??

I'm sure what I just said was about as believable as Richard Simmons having sex with a woman.

Big o Boy: Oklahoma's lack of a great running back really hurt them the last two games. I'm sure they probably have some good recruits coming in though.
    Rofl. Jason White looked pretty bad in that game too though... he went 4-out on passes for that last run and none of them looked even CLOSE. We do have some awesome recruits coming in though. One is DJ Wolfe and he goes to school around my area... he is bada$$. And there's another one that's the best in the nation that we just recruited. We should have a good running game next year.
    Last edited by Big o Boy; 01-09-2004 at 09:45 AM.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

Well, I'm in an overcrowded computer lab right now. Why you ask? Well, there was a mix up in my apartment and stuff got screwed up. Everything will come out fine, but some things will be delayed. The apartment complex thought I was graduating last semester due to a mistake made by the Civil Engineering department not taking the graduation candidate status off my schedule when I changed it. Therefore, they cancelled all my stuff (including internet) since they thought I was gone. It sounds like things are taken care of when I talked to them, but it may be a day or two before I'm online on my own computer.

My roommates even said that they assigned someone else to our apartment a day before I came back. I feel bad for that person. He probably walked in and said, "Hi, I'm your new roommate" while my roommates probably were like, "Huh? You don't live here."
    5-9 170

Tuesday, January 13, 2004(Arm Day)

Weight =167

Tricep Extensions (105/12)
    This is down two reps, but that is without lifting for a month. I'm sure the numbers will jump right back up to 14 probably next week. So, I sort of view this as a victory since there wasn't much dropoff.

Bicep Curls (105/8.5!)
    This is improvement, but from a long time ago. I switched back to the EZ curl bar this semester for the arms. I had from August something like 110/7.5, but that was really 105/7.5 since I'm pretty sure the bars were 15 instead of 20 back at the place I lifted.

Tricep Pushdowns (155/14.5!)
    I'm still wondering where this improvement came from. I only had 13 reps here before break, and I somehow improve 1.5 reps without a workout in so long. However, there is about a 2 rep fluctuation in how well the machine is lubricated.

Hammer Curls (50/8)
    This was a significant dropoff here, but I'm not too worried since hammer curls always seem to act strange.

Cybex Ab Crunches (165/16!)
    Here was more improvement on the ab machine.

Hot Chicks:
    1. This one had some straight brown hair in a ponytail. She had a nice face and some short green shorts. She had decent leanness and proportions.
    2. This one had some blonde hair tied back in some braids. She had some short black shorts that had that upside down v thing showing a lot of skin on the sides. She had great looking legs and great leanness.
    3. This one had some wavy blonde hair tied back. She had a dress code violation with some black pants. She was doing some ab work with the ball thing and had nice proportions.
    4. This one had some blonde hair tied back and some short red shorts. She had great leanness, but was doing hyperextensions probably thinking she was targeting her abs.
    5. This one had some straight black hair tied back. She was doing some machine rows which is a surprise since I never seem to see chicks use that machine. (honestly it is surprising to see a chick do anything but abs and the abductor machine)
    6. This one had some short black shorts and nice legs. She had some blonde hair tied back and gave everyone a nice view when she was doing hyperextensions.
    7. This one had on some tight black volleyball shorts, but was on the treadmill so she is disqualified.
    8. Miss Model was there today and had to distract me by standing right in front of me when I was doing tricep pushdowns. She had a dress code violation with some pants, but at least they were tight showing her nice behind.
    9. This one had some blonde hair in pigtails. She had nice leanness and I picked her off.

The winner of the day still goes to Miss Model. She will have a tough time losing all year if she is there when I am. She is your prototypical blonde haired bombshell. She is even better though through my eyes since she isn't anorexic, but still has all the looks.

Gym Mysteries:
    1. Believe it or not, there were NO curls in the squat rack that I saw the first day lifting after New Years.

Other Stuff:
    1. I got asked for a spot by two different people today and I wasn't even deadlifting.
    2. The place was way too crowded for being in the morning, but luckily I don't have to rely on crowded equipment much on arm day so it didn't affect me as much.
    3. They moved the abductor machine a few spots over. My hopes went up that they got rid of it when it wasn't in the normal spot, but that was too much to hope for.

I weighed in at 162.5 and had a fairly bad day lifting since it was coming after I got sick a few weeks before. I predicted how much time was wasted due to some nasty virus I had a few weeks back. It really did take a major toll on me too because my lifts dropped drastically and took a long time to recover from that.
    cphafner: Maybe the Panthers can get a rematch with the Colts in the superbowl!

clvmike19: If I did you would have heard about it.

CoCoa: College Basketball is actually my top sport, but I don't make predictions and stuff because that would be way too much work with all the games in a week.

Big o Boy: Oklahoma with a great recruiting class under Stoops? I'd say that is a given these days.
    5-9 170

Time to gun for Miss Model man!

Curls look strong as well.....