The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Anavar eating mofo

Whats the point in doing cardio?

Is there any benefits in doing cardio? When people wake up in the morning and do cardio before breakfast, it eats away at your muscles. Thats awful. People do cardio after weights for an hour 5 times a week. Why? Cardio only burns extra calories. And if your in a calorie deficet when you do the cardio, it burns muscle, right? I know it sounds somewhat lazy, but why don't people just cut calories from theyre daily diet instead of risking catabolism. Just one glance at one of those "under-nourished" proffesional marathon runners with bones sticking out makes me want to vomit. The only point I see in doing cardio is if you had a brownie sundae from Dairy Queen and you were on a cutting diet, so you run a mile or so to burn it off. Thats the only point I see in cardio, is there any health benefits?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Cardiovascular conditioning mainly.

There is the whole idea that there is another muscle that might be good to train - the heart...

yeah..i'm gonna have to agree with craig..the heart is kind of an important one....
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I just eat some hamburger slop for my heart. Some fries too. Eat it until my heart's desire is filled. Along with my arteries.

Not only the cardiovascular conditioning, but regular cardio also gives the benefit of a higher BMR, which meaaaaaanns....

MORE FOOD! Harder to turn into a fatty, can be a bit more lax with your food sources. Not to mention, it's great for creating a caloric defecit when you need to lose fat. Why wouldn't someone do cardio unless they were trying to get huge? It's beneficial in so many ways.
    Last edited by Sun; 08-28-2001 at 05:54 PM.

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    I do it for cardiovascular conditioning for sports, to keep fat off, for stress relief, and because I enjoy it.

Yes, marathoners are an extreme case, but I don't think any of us are following their training regimen. Pro bodybuilders are also an extreme and not all of us want to look like them or follow their training regimens. I find both extremes rather freaky...

It's really an individual thing...depends on you and your goals.

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

I know how to strip the fat right off. :evillaugh

Haha, DNP.

In all seriousness I'd never suggest that to anyone. Misery at it's finest. One minute it's all good, next you just fell into Purgatory. And quite frankly, if I had to ever touch the stuff again I might cut my wrists first.

Anyway. That was a little O/T, my evil side kicking in.

*Wanders off*

I can't remember where but I'm positive I read somewhere that lifting weights does work your heart just not as well as cardio

Wow... mega old thread mate.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.