The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Swapping days around?

I have been doing the first routine with monday: chest/back, wednesday: legs, friday:shoulders&arms.

Whilst im getting results im also getting problems on saturday and sunday. I use my arms and shoulders on saturday and sunday for about 14 hours each day. Nothing intense but its enough. I get major tension on my right shoulder.

So I was wondering if its ok to switch legs with arms/shoulders?

I appreciate why legs comes between those two workouts, but in my case I think the weekends require relaxed upper body.

Comments?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

why not do:

Thursday:Chest/back
    Saturday:Legs
    Monday: shoulders/arms

?
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Wannabebig Member
    Saturday and sunday are out. From friday night till sunday night im busy. And also shoulders on monday might be bad as im bound to be be tense there after the weekend.
    6 ft tall

1st Aug : 172lbs - Seriously cut
    5th dec : 193 lbs - lost definition around waist. Slight loss of mobility in mid section.
    24th feb: 211 lbs - Has anyone seen my abs? I seem to have lost them.
    29th April : 200 lbs and Ive seen sightings of my abs!

do you work at the sperm bank or something ?

anyway, I'm on wbb1 and I appreciate why it's set up that way.

you should just find a way to fit it into your life, without alterning the routine.
    Last edited by as0l0; 06-23-2003 at 05:36 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    Im not quite understanding the sperm bank comment

I also appreciate why wbb1 is set up as it is, but the only option for me is to completely cut out shoulders until the summer season is over (mid september).

I can train monday to friday but I really cant train shoulders close to the weekend. It aggravates my right shoulder (old old injury) to train hard on friday and then use the shoulder almost non stop for the next two days.

I either move the shoulder day to wednesday or I skip it completely until september. And if it comes down to the wire between body building which I started a few weeks ago and giving up my weekends im afraid its a no brainer for me. Id like a few extra kilos of muscle but not if I have to give up living in the process. Ive already had to give up tuna fish because of another thread on this board telling me about mercury posioning. All I need now is someone telling me sex stops you gaining weight and dancing makes your legs smaller
    6 ft tall

5th dec : 193 lbs - lost definition around waist. Slight loss of mobility in mid section.

how bout switching arms/shoulders with chest / back?

you really need the rest between chest / back - arms/shoulders since most chest exercises use tri's and most back exercises use bi's
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Wannabebig Member
    That is an option, but of course then on monday when im doing the shoulders its after approx 28 hours of low intensity stuff that leaves my shoulder tense

How about:

Mon - chest & back
    Wed - Legs & Shoulder
    Fri - Arms .... and maybe abs? Plus some cardio.

Wednesday might be a little tough, but it is better than ruining my shoulder for another 18 months

This is only until middle of september when summer ends. Then its legs I need to avoid doing close to the weekend, and that fits well.
    6 ft tall

hours of low intensity arm work, sore shoulders....sperm bank

I was trying to be funny, but it didn't work

back to the drawing board

Wannabebig Member
    Ahhh ... sorry
    6 ft tall

Wannabebig Member
    Ok, i tried shoulders on the same day as legs. Damn was I tired doing the shoulders after blasting legs But its better that they get done tired than not at all I suppose. My chest was a tiny bit stiff from the workout 2 days earlier, but nothing that caused discomfort. I think for the next 2 months or so ill be doing shoulders and legs together

Thanks for all the help.

Morgan
    6 ft tall

if it works for you, keep doing it.

Good luck.

Wannabebig Member
    It probably wont work as well as doing it properly, but for a few months it will have to do. I cant train on any other day on shoulders, and like the man said, arms so close to chest/back is a bad one Hell shoulders so close to chest/back aint optimal.

But i cant tell you how hard it was to put effort into the shoulder excercises after legs But if it was easier everyone would be as sexy as me right?
    6 ft tall

Wannabebig Member

chest/back

is it good to work chest and back at the same day? those are big group of muscles..

Wannabebig Member
    Dunno ... thats the routine they give. Works for me, although last few weeks ive done shoulder with arms as im supposed to. It definately works better (from an energy point of view). But only cos ive been grounded for a while. Im back in the air on saturday so this week im doing shoulders with legs.

Season ends mid-sept anyways so its not much of an issue.
    6 ft tall