The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Weird "cheat meal" question...

Hey guys, i got a question for you all, lets say i had a cheat meal, by a cheat meal, i am talkinga bout a meal that totally puts me over my calori limit for that day, for example, i am allowed to eat 2500 cals a day, so i eat my normal 2500 daily meal plans, but in the middle of the day sumwhere i get this mental NEED to have a cheat meal.. so if i take this CRAVEING and eat 1000 cals of oatmeal, would it affect me as badly as eating 1000 cals of fastfood frenchfries ?

do you all get what im saying? pls respond if you do or don't and i'll try to make myself clearer, thanx!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Well... I think it would be better to eat clean foods, but then it wouldn't really satisfy the craving would it?
    Eat Tuna!
    "Ya don't touch my tuna, I don't kill you."- by Tuna Master
    "Part of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up." - by who knows. ME? Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

cravings of more oatmeal is the only cravings i ever get :P like today, i lost control and cooked up 4 cups of oatmeal and ate it all in one sitting, plain, without anything added cept water! :|

better than fast food bingeing, oatmeal has a lot of fiber and complex carbs. whereas french fries have a lot of saturated fats and a lot of trans fats
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Overfeeding on oatmeal would definitely be better than overfeeding on fast food, because of the fact that the conversion of carbs to fat (de novo lipogenesis) is not going to contribute much to fat gain.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract
    "De novo lipogenesis increases after overfeeding with glucose and sucrose to the same extent in lean and obese women but does not contribute greatly to total fat balance."

Although if you were to continue this for a couple of days you would begin to see more conversion of carbs to fat as was the case in the study below.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

well i only get the need to do it once every month or so :P

Originally posted by defcon
    well i only get the need to do it once every month or so :P
    If you are trying to reduce your bf% and you are <15% bf, then a refeed once a week or so would probably be beneficial.

Oh how lucky are you guys with 10% bf's, all those refeeds! currently im appox 15-16% :\