Thread: Fat losing

Wannabebig Member

Fat losing

Hi well i wanan lose my upper body fat but thing is i broke my leg( sucks...) so i can't go out for a run so is there another way to lose the fat? with a broken leg?

Cut your calorie intake. Not sure of any cardio you can do with a broken leg, I'm sure there is something though. Goodluck.

wait till your leg is better, otherwise you might compromise its recovery time

Wannabebig Member
    Do some serious swimming. If you want to lose upper body fat, swimming would be a great way to give your upper body a workout while in a cast. If the leg-kicking aspect of swimming is hurting the leg, just use your arms...that will increase the workout even more.

Another possible activity would be to get a wheelchair, and wheel yer broken-ass around town. You may think I'm joking, but that's another great upper-body/cardio workout. Ever notice that the paralympic wheelchair athletes are in great shape?

Other than that, I can't really think of any cardio you could do

Just make sure you get a water-proof cast if you go swimming!
    Last edited by JohnnyBlade; 08-13-2003 at 05:05 PM.

It's a Republic dammit! reloaded's Avatar
    lol johnny
    Too cool for school.
    My Blog

Many gyms have cardio equipment (usually one piece) for the disabled. Like a bike but you use your hands instead to pedal. It's not as good as traditional cardio but at least you'd be getting some excercise.

Wannabebig Member
    we have one of those hand bikes...ergocycle or something...where I work. A buddy who is disabled uses it all the time and loves it, at least it can get your heart rate up and work some upper body too.

Wannabebig Member
    My mom and her best friend broke one foot each in the same month, which I found odd. But, anyway, they are workout gurus. They just used the bike and the similar machine that Irondaddy mentioned.
    Last edited by Black Ice 72; 08-14-2003 at 10:33 AM.
    :|Alec

Wannabebig Member
    do you have one of those rowing machines. that's a good arm and shoulder workout.
    googily boogily!