Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here is the start of making a great body!!

Wannabebig Member

Here is the start of making a great body!!

Hi all.....

I thought I might start writing all this down so I can keep track of what I am doing and to get some feedback on what I need or should be doing. I guess some background might help here. I'm 5'7" 1/2 and weight about 161. I'm currently at 20% bodyfat. I recently droped 30 pounds and went from 29% to 20% bf. I'm very muscular for a girl and seem to have a natural build to begin with which is great when it come to lifting. For the amount of weight I carry I can fit into a 8-10 pant size.

Today I did chest and it went something like this:

bench press - 3 (sets) 12 (reps) of 85#
    Incline press - 3 (sets) 12 (reps) of 65# than press 10 pounders until I can't lift any more.

fly - 4 (sets) 12 reps 15#
    Pushups (guys style of course) until I can't do anymore. I think it was around 25 or so.

Then 35 minutes cardio.

So what I really need from you guys is some input on food and what I should be doing. I lost the 30 pounds with low carb and weights and cardio. So please feel free to me!!

Thanks.......

If that worked for you keep it up! What are you looking to lose now?
    " ...if all else fails, just whip out those b'normous biceps!!!!!!! Teh lad33z <3 teh str3ngth!"- McIrish

"An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy..."

"When a man is in love, is jealous, and has been whipped by the Inquisition, he is no longer himself..."- Voltaire

Mike beat me to spamming in your journal! Way to stay on top of your game buddy I cant say I have advice for you, but good luck reaching your goal!!
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Goodluck!

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar
    hi, welcome! always nice for me to see more estrogen here

great work on getting to 20% bf. that's my current goal.

what are your new goals now?

Wannabebig Member
    Current goals would be to lose about 10 more and really begin to build muscle. Glad you guys like having a little bit of estrogen around!!!
    Click here if you want to see my diet...........http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=GERYARMAK

A girl who does dropsets on everything! Awesome, welcome to WBB.

Good luck with your goals -- journals are a great help to achieving them.

Originally posted by Gymgurl37
    . Glad you guys like having a little bit of estrogen around!!!

Yep there is to much test here in journal land. A little estrogen will help combat that.

Oh by the way

Good luck on your goals and I look forward to following your progress. Gotta go got to get all my kids to football practice. Ahhhhhhh the sport of men.
    Here we go again!

"I've seen yer mug. Eeeeeeesh gotta feed ya with teh slingshot!"....Mik in reference to clvmike19

Hi. Good luck with your goals Gymgurl. So far you look like you are doing the right thing which I'm sure you already know. Are you going to post your diet?

Originally posted by chops
    always nice for me to see more estrogen here
    Once again chops leaves herself wide open for tasteless humor.
    Last edited by Shane; 08-11-2003 at 10:54 PM.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Another michigan girl...wee!

Welcome to the WBB family, you'll get lots of help here, some good folks.

As for the diet...basically you have to play with what works for you, once you know what type of eating plan works for you, then some of us can give you some pointers to tighten things up a bit.

p.s....if homeyield says anything to you...he's lying *snicker*
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Wannabebig Member
    Well it's tuesday.....I worked on back. I normally do back and bi's but had to cut time down today to get one of the kids to the dr.

Lat pull down - 1 (set) 12 reps 45#
    2(sets) 12 reps 60#

assisted pull ups 3 sets 12 reps

dumbell rows - 1 (set) 12 reps 15#
    2(sets) 12 reps 20#

barbell rows - 2 sets 12 reps 65#
    1 set 12 reps 80#

30 minutes cardio - interval - 2 minutes run - 2 minute fast walk
    Click here if you want to see my diet...........http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=GERYARMAK

I normally do back and bi's but had to cut time down today to get one of the kids to the dr.
    Now THAT'S dedication......not blowing off the gym completely but doing what you can around the rest of your life COOL!
    Oh yeah and here's some for your efforts. Good start on the journal!

Originally posted by Shane

Once again chops leaves herself wide open for tasteless humor.
    hmm, how come u're the only source???!!
    get yer mind outta that filthy gutter man!!!!!tuttut

Wannabebig Member
    Boy this week in not working out for me at all!! My routine is really screwed up. So I had to get in and do legs so my daughters and I could meet my hubby for lunch. Thought he could use a nice break during the day!! Anyway.....here is my leg workout:

Squats - 1 set- 12 reps- 90 #
    3 sets-12 reps - 120#

squat press - 4 sets - 12 reps - 250# (though machine is 80#)

seated calf raises - 4 sets - 12 reps - 130#
    standing calf raises - 4 sets 12 reps - 160#

Leg extensions - 4 sets - 12 reps - 60#
    Leg curls - 4 sets- 12 reps - 90#

So......I'm feeling pretty worked over in the leg dept. this afternoon...lol maybe I can get a massage......

That's awfully nice of you to spot by have lunch with the husband.

Shhh, don't tell anybody but I'm a softy for stuff like that.
    I know that if my gf came by for lunch, she'd get a massage later.

Question though: If you can do 3 sets of 12 reps for squats don't you think you might benefit from doing a little bit more weight? Just being that you can do 3 sets then maybe you are holding out a little. Hmmmm? Regardless though, its refreshing to see a woman doing squats. Though you might need just a bit more hamstring work in there too IMHO

originally foamed out of the mouth of teh joto
    p.s....if homeyield says anything to you...he's lying *snicker*
    Somebody's just jealous.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Wannabebig Member
    I guess I will have to try more weight lol....I tend to think I can't do as much as I can on some things. I know the guys at the gym always are telling me to do more weight!! This is why I think it is such a great thing to post this stuff and get some feedback. I really don't know what I am doing half the time and really want to learn. So THANKS and I promise I will do more weight just for you!!!!

Awesome!

If you are doing squats then I'd say you know quite a bit more than most.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

So I had to get in and do legs so my daughters and I could meet my hubby for lunch. Thought he could use a nice break during the day!!
    Fridays I always make sure I have lunch with the wife it's a nice way to end the work week and yeah she gets WAY too MANY massages as it is.......for those not "in the know" head to bath and body works and grab some Ylang-Ylang scented massage oil you'll be very glad you did
    I agree with HomeYield...a little more weight on squats....few ladies do them but those who do....well the results DO show up!
    Nice workout!!

Originally posted by Gymgurl37
    I guess I will have to try more weight lol....I tend to think I can't do as much as I can on some things. I know the guys at the gym always are telling me to do more weight!! This is why I think it is such a great thing to post this stuff and get some feedback. I really don't know what I am doing half the time and really want to learn. So THANKS and I promise I will do more weight just for you!!!!
    Gymgurl, that's something quite a few girls do. I see girls in the gym doing like 30 reps with little dumbbells. Since you're trying to build muscle you should pick a weight you can't do anymore than 12 reps with on the first set. So you could probably only get 10 reps on the second set and like 8 on the third.

You have some pretty impressive strength though!

Originally posted by chops

hmm, how come u're the only source???!!
    get yer mind outta that filthy gutter man!!!!!tuttut
    But my mind has a symbiotic relationship with the gutter.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Originally posted by Wikked1
    Fridays I always make sure I have lunch with the wife it's a nice way to end the work week and yeah she gets WAY too MANY massages as it is.......for those not "in the know" head to bath and body works and grab some Ylang-Ylang scented massage oil you'll be very glad you did
    I agree with HomeYield...a little more weight on squats....few ladies do them but those who do....well the results DO show up!
    Nice workout!!
    hey,
    now i'm feeling neglected. my bf needs to come and have lunch with me!!!!

gymgurl,
    in your first point, u asked for diet help, but you haven't posted any meals yet??

Wannabebig Member
    I'm hoping to post meals this next week...however.....notice no workout....we have a complete blackout still...I have a generator, so I can type this but I can't get to the gym. No traffic light, gas stations....nothing....So I'm going to the Nascar race this weekend and I hope to be back to normal at the gym on monday. Thanks for the advice I love it and really will make some changes in the routine. Diet is soon I promise!!

At least you have the Cup race to look forward to. I can't imagine no power. Down here we have been averaging around 100 degrees a day. So me and Mistress Dee are heading to Myrtle beach sunday.
    Here we go again!

"I've seen yer mug. Eeeeeeesh gotta feed ya with teh slingshot!"....Mik in reference to clvmike19

Wannabebig Member
    Hi everyone. back from the backout and the Nascar race .......Yesterday I worked on shoulders....I'm hoping this week is back to normal for me.

MONDAY:

Smith shoulder press - 3 sets 10 reps 55#

upright row/barbell - 3 sets 8-10 reps 45#

Arnold press - 3 sets 8-10 reps 18#

front raise/lateral raise/seated rear lateral raise
    3 sets (each exercise one to another no break is one set) 8-10 reps (first two used 12# and last exercise 20#)

25 min treadmill for all the **** food I ate at the race!

LET THERE be LIGHT :
    Was a great race on TV (for a change)...
    Nice shoulder day GymGurl...
    back to normal? Is there any such thing when you have kids?

I don't believe I have had the chance to your journal yet. It's good to see that there are some females around who do more than the eliptical machine when they go to the gym. Welcome to WBB and good luck with your goals!
    The world acording to prune

If you can't be a good example, at least be a terrible warning.