Thread: Hammer Strength gym equipment

Hammer Strength gym equipment

This turd at Bally was picking on my gym for not having Hammer Strength equipment, then the guy has the nerve to tell me that after a year at my gym, I haven't seen goals yet.

He even bet me and said that we can go down there and find out, well I worked out today and I found out that we have the "Hammer Strenght" equipment at the gym.

What makes this Hammer Strenght thing so special by the way, he said that Football Player (Pro) use them.

Off Topic:

By the way I went with my little bro to Bally's becuase he said that he got a free pass to work out. Bally's is a nice gym but to much crap that I don't need, running track upstairs, racketball, pool, steamroom, seperate cardio room and more. It's nice but it was way to much money- (56) a month with $125 down.
    So the lady does her presentation speech and calls the manager to get us to join, a young black guy with cornrows/tatoos and gold teeth comes in - he's the manager.

Now, I'm in a mostly minority place (East Ft. Lauderdale) and I never really seen a mostly minority staff at any gym that I attend but everyone is Bally is a minority, I guess they did that to attract more customers since the area is mostly minority.

Keep in mind that I am black as well.

So my cousin is like, well the offer sounds good but that's alot of money, the manager is saying that you get a free 6 pack of shakes, this, that and more.

Then the guy asks my bro to put $5 down and bring $100 on Friday, bro says no, guy starts questioning how bad do we want real results.

Manager insults me, my gym and insults my bro for being 27 and not having a credit card, nor a line of credit.

Manager starts going on about "What if you meet a nice lady, what are you gonna do, don't you want your own place away from momma"?

The sales lady was laughing at my cousin but I wasn't since this has nothing to do with signing up.

I told guy to shove it and told him that he is very unprofessional at that, told him good luck on trying to attract customers with a IQ of over 100 with all that jive turkey, speech and more.

Had to get it off my chest,, sorry for the rant.
    Current stats - 5'11, 190, 19%bf, beer gut.

I got beef with whoever can't help me make money - 50

You and your cousin should be feeling a whole lot smarter than a huge number of people ... you did not sign up.
    Dr X

If you push it you can get a free membership I bet you. LMAO at the whole conversation w/ the manager though. I would call the location owner and see what you can get! As long as your kind and explain what happend and tell him how upset you are about the whole thing I bet you could get a deep discount. BTW dont go for the first thing they offer. Be like I was insulted by your manager and you offer me (X)? yay have fun.
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

So many people give advice about talking to supervisors to get what you want and this does not always work. Especially when it is obvious, that the request is unreasonable or the supervisor is the one forcing his employees to act a certain way. You think the manager does not know what is going on. He is getting a large chunk of change because they are running the gym. Sales can be very cut throat. Think about it. Why would the guy want to put himself in a situation where he has to hard sell someone in joining a gym and possibly get insulted or deal with drama every day? He is doing what he is told to do and making his commission. That is most likely why the manager in lilrocks story appeared to be so unprofessional. Yeah he may not act or look the part but his sales methods are so good he has became a manger. That is just sales for you.

I do not think there is any chance that he will get a free membership or even a significant discount. Besides, why would he want to if he knows how they are?

His methods are good? He made fun of a potential customer for not having credit. That's not good business. That's not even good interpersonal skills! I could get a discount!! People just give up too easily.
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

Wannabebig Member
    we have one of those things at school for football. i love it.
    Stats:
    Age- 17
    Weight- 205
    Height- 6'1"
    Body Fat- 12%

Bench: 205 lbs (Goal: 225 lbs)
    Squat: 235 lbs (Goal: 255 lbs)
    Deads: 295 lbs (Goal: 315 lbs)

40m Time: 5.14 secs. (Goal: 4.9)