The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: diet advice

Wannabebig Member

diet advice

I currently weigh 75 kilos and i am looking to bulk up. I am looking to gain weight and bulk up. Please criticise my diet and tell me other sources of food i can eat that are high in protein.

8:00am - Bowl of cereal with semi-skimmed milk.
    9:30am - 4 amino acids,
    12:30pm - 2 chicken breasts with salad and pitta or tuna pasta or tuna sandwich or something along them lines/ cottage cheese
    4:30pm - 4 amino acids and 5g creatiine (pre-workout)
    Post-workout - 4 amino acids/ 5g creatine/ Protein shake - 32g with 50g carbs
    7:30 - Chicken stir fry/ chicken with vegetables/ baked potato or somethng similar to lunch.

I am having trouble fitting my meals in the day and need some advice.
    I am also thinking of taking a protein and carb shake before my workout as i've heard that this in beneficial to help bulk up.
    Should i take a protein shake also in the morning or eat some whole food that is high in protein.
    Any advice would be great!
    The difference between dreams and accomplishments is desire!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Re: diet advice

Originally posted by safc23
    I currently weigh 75 kilos and i am looking to bulk up. I am looking to gain weight and bulk up. Please criticise my diet and tell me other sources of food i can eat that are high in protein.

8:00am - Bowl of cereal with semi-skimmed milk.
    Add some protein of some sort in with this meal.

9:30am - 4 amino acids,
    I am assuming these are BCAAs? If so I really do not see much point in taking 4g of amino acids (assuming you are referring to BCAAs) in the middle of the morning, and if you are having trouble fitting in enough cals throughout the day you could add in another meal here.

4:30pm - 4 amino acids and 5g creatiine (pre-workout)
    Post-workout - 4 amino acids/ 5g creatine/ Protein shake - 32g with 50g carbs
    Again I would drop the 4g of amino acids and just stick with the protein, carbs, and creatine post workout. It would also be a good idea to take in some protein and carbs pre-workout as well. This would be a good time to take in the amino acids, and I would recommend ~10g of BCAAs and ~25g of carbs (maltodextrin would be ideal) about 30 minutes before training. My reasoning behind this is the fact that you are going 4 hours between your last meal and your workout, which is too long.

I am having trouble fitting my meals in the day and need some advice.
    If you are having trouble eating enough cals throughout the day, then try and focus on more calorie dense foods such as nuts, olive oil, natural peanut butter, fish oil, flax oil, etc. Liquid calories can also come in handy in this situation.

You need to add more healthy fats (EFAs) to your diet, and I would recommend ~25% of your daily calories come from fat. The addition of some fish oil would be a good supplement to help you get in adequate amounts of omega 3 fatty acids. I previously mentioned some other calorie dense foods that contain healthy fats.

I am also thinking of taking a protein and carb shake before my workout as i've heard that this in beneficial to help bulk up.

I think that would be a good idea.

Should i take a protein shake also in the morning or eat some whole food that is high in protein.
    Either one would work fine, just as long as you are taking in some protein.

You might also think about adding in a small meal before bed as well, since you will be going without food for ~8 hours due to sleep.
    Last edited by bradley; 08-14-2003 at 10:26 AM.