The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

How bad are my legs?

I have never has the best legs in the world... I'll blame part of this on genetics and part on me making excuses like I just did! Over the past 6 weeks I have been really trying to focus and make some half decent gains. How out of whack do my legs look in proportion to my upper body?

ps. my calves are still too pathetic to post...

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I see an improvement, great job!
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

They look hell of a lot better than before. Just keep at them and they will eventually get bigger that your upper body. Which personally, I won't mind on myself.
    Last edited by steveo; 08-15-2003 at 10:27 AM.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

What are the red spots on your legs in the second pic?
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Wannabebig Member
    "What are the red spots on your legs in the second pic?"
    Good question... I had a strange breakout of little pimples on my legs ?!?

They look more like the dead treads I get on my thighs, similar to the ones I'm about to gleefully experience in a few hours. Legs look like they've had a ton of improvment, excellent leaness.
    Pup, in reference to me: "he's like Budiak...but worse"

Budiak: "Statistically I've gained almost an inch on my arms...but thats just theory, and we know what theory gets us. Thats right. Communism."

BigChaseyChase: "Cutting, there will not be!"

sir millard mulch: "I could probably punch some chick really hard at this point"

Galileo - "Someday maybe I'll be able to use the big boy weights like RG570."

pretty Strong looking and pretty lean. Hard to tell if your flexing them in the first pic to do a real good comparison/contrast .
    Weight: 194.0 lbs.Height: 5' 11"
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:
    Put on size and git Strong(er)
    Raw Goals: 450 Squat, 365 Bench, 570 Deadlift

"Weak points come from not doing the things you suck at doing." -Dave Tate

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by Big o Boy
    pretty Strong looking and pretty lean. Hard to tell if your flexing them in the first pic to do a real good comparison/contrast .
    I was not flexing in the 1st photo... at the time I did not think that there was any point

Dude I can see a big improvement....... I'd really like to know to what do you attribute your nice shredded look? Have you posted your routines and diet in here anywhere? I think you're looking good man.....I'd like to be that shredded!

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by Wikked1
    Dude I can see a big improvement....... I'd really like to know to what do you attribute your nice shredded look? Have you posted your routines and diet in here anywhere? I think you're looking good man.....I'd like to be that shredded!
    It's all about diet... this is what I used to look like last year! I posted some of the info behind my diet on the following forum http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/For...&threadid=6676 . Keep in mind that I have been weight training for 6 years, so I a had base to start with. I dropped 78lbs in 4 months and made it down to 9% BF.

Well, to answer your question, they are pretty bad compared to the rest of your physique. Your upper body is very impressive. If I were you I would prioritize my legs.. focus on building your legs up with tons of squats and don't focus on your upper body for a while.
    Eat Tuna!
    "Ya don't touch my tuna, I don't kill you."- by Tuna Master
    "Part of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up." - by who knows. ME? Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

Just squat hard and heavy, make it your first priority.

On days you don't squat, deadlift.

You'll be all good in six months.

Great improvement. I say hit the squats and deadlifts hard. You have made great improvements. As for the calves, I recomend hitting them three times per week with a combination of seated, standing and extentions. You will be top dawg in no time.

Some of you guys worry me...
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Wannabebig Member
    Dude thats sick!! In only a month??? I am at your before pic right now, please hook me up with your leg routines lol. I wish.

Andre is teh internet hero!
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

WannaBeBigToo
    You are the man.

seems you put flaxseed, omega's (all the oils) and ECA of great importance.
    I think i will increase my daily dosages as well (only taking 1 in morn and 1 at night) to 3 and 3 and see how it goes.
    If you wish to speak with me, email me at encino "@" telus . net

Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 190lbs
    Waist: 32"
    Chest: 50"
    Arms: 17 1/4"

LOL..never thought I'd see this again.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

I thought he was posting again but someone just brought this up from the dead.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison