The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

How do I kick my bad eating habits?

Throughout my life, my eating habits have been far below par. I'm a fast-food addict (aren't we all tho? ), and I need to learn how to eliminate the urges I get to eat the food that is no good for me. I enjoy healthy food, I just lack the motivation to eat it (or to prepare it).

Have any of you guys/gals gone through this gauntlet? If so, how did you do it?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

well when started to eat healty i would do for example, go from 2% milk to skim, white bread to wheat, 2% yogart to fat free yogert.jiff pb to natty pb, kindda like that. then i would limit my fast food intake to say 2 a week, then 1 then well you get the picture, i made little steps toward it, soon you will find out that low fat and such food are just as good mabey even better tasting. its hard to give up the big mac but you will feel better when you do
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

I agree with Mikey, select the worst single habit and change it without worrying about the others, then select the next one.

Now please do not do it the way I did ... wake up looking at the paramedic and then hearing from your doctor that you might have a year to live if you make some changes.

It comes down to desire and determination.
    Dr X

I agree with what the others were saying. Many times, you can cut calories significantly while eating the same quantity of the same foods that are just the low fat or lower calorie version. Those reductions add up fast.(assuming you want to lose weight)
    5-9 170

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Make a DECISION to eat healthier and DO IT. It's as simple as that.
    w00t

Do it cold turkey.
    Make schedule of the time you will and list your meals. Once you have everything written out prepare you meals before hand that way the food is there and you have no excuse to skip a meal of eat fast food instead. Stick to your schedule. Nobody will force you to change your eating habit but yourself. Don't give up or stop. It's not easy no this going in, so you must truly want it more than the next guy. If dieting was and lifting were easy than every one would have great body. Eat to live , dont live to eat.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

You need to have your own reason to eat healthy. This is the only way. You posting here shows that you are trying to find a reason, I hope you find one.

Originally posted by steveo
    Do it cold turkey.
    Make schedule of the time you will and list your meals. Once you have everything written out prepare you meals before hand that way the food is there and you have no excuse to skip a meal of eat fast food instead. Stick to your schedule. Nobody will force you to change your eating habit but yourself. Don't give up or stop. It's not easy no this going in, so you must truly want it more than the next guy. If dieting was and lifting were easy than every one would have great body. Eat to live , dont live to eat.
    I'm with steve on this one. That's the way I did. When I first got here and said that I wantewd to lose weight people told me I had to diet and ount calories. I wasn't totally convinced and I spent about 4 months trying to cut back on my meals without really counting calories or planning my meals. My weight didn't change much during that time. One day I decided to see how many cals I was eating. It turned out I was eating at maintenance. No wonder I wasn't losing weight. That same day I calculated how many calories I needed to cut, made my meal schedule and started the following day. It turned out that was all I needed to do. I started losing weight right away and I lost around 20 lbs on that first cut.
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

Im trying to give up the junk food as well

Its been going well apart from the fact I tend to cheat at weekends tuttut

Good news though is that Im starting to count my calories

Drink a big healthy breakfast.

It takes no time and you can replace your binging with grazing throughout the day.
    If the only thing you are holding is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Learn how to use fat to your advantage. "Good Fat" sources, like Almonds, Natural PB, Flax Seed Oil, etc. can be your best friend when fighting cravings. Next time you have a craving for something "bad"......do an experiment and eat a handful of Almonds and maybe a Tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter.......You'll feel like you ate a 3 course meal (at least to me it does). It's a great way to keep yourself on course.

Start eating healthy and end each meal with a source of "good fats" to keep you feeling full and away from the cookie jar.

It sounds that many of your eating habits are emotional. You have patterns that developed throughout life that make you want to eat fast food etc. I went through the same thing. I used hypnosis to change the way I think about food. It worked so well thank now that I'm on a massive weight gaining diet where anything goes. I have to force myself to go off the low carb diet I followed for ten years. I also had McDonalds and Subway this week for the first time in, I don't know how long.
    August 1, 2006 240lbs
    August 25, 2006 276lbs
    September 1, 2006 286lbs
    December 25, 2006 328lbs

TRYING TO BUILD A MONSTER