Thread: Lots of questions for some experts --long--

Wannabebig Member

Lots of questions for some experts --long--

Some questions for you experts.

I have been training consistently. I think have my diet in order. Some of the things I have read in regarding pre/post workout nutrition is starting to make me crazy!!!

Stats
    WT ~214
    BF less 15%

I have been following a ~2500 cal diet for the last 6 weeks. My break down is ~280-P/~200-C/~60-F

I have been making some good gains or changes(more def less fat)

This is my current Pre and Post workout shake scenarios.

----I workout first thing in the morning. Wakeup at 6am have pre shake then off to the gym at 6:30am them left for a hour---

Weight Days
    PRE WORKOUT 1 scoop Dexrotose (34g) 1 scoop Whey (24g), 1 serv BCAA and HMB, 5g Glut, ~3g creatine.
    --50-60 mins wieghts--

POST Workout Same as above added a Vit C and Multi V.(Also Creatine is increased to 5g)

Cardio Days I was doing the same exact thing but I want to lean up a little more so I changed to

Preworkout 1/2 banana and 1 scoop whey (24g) 1 serv BCAA and HMB, 5g Glut, ~3g creatine.
    16 min HIIT, then 10 min Mod intensity, abs
    Post Workout 1 scoop Dextrose (34g) 1 scoop Whey (24g), 1 serv BCAA and HMB, 5g Glut, ~3g creatine.

Questions:

1. Does this look right to you guys??
    2. I donít think I want to increase my Dextrose because I want to keep my carbs down.
    3. Make some suggestions??
    4. Do I need to mix 50/50 (Dextrose and malodextrin)

Different topic:
    Should I try breaking my 6 meals down differently? 3 protien/carbs/ low fat and 3 protien/low carbs/hi fat.
    I like my current diet it lets me have energy, I have tried the low carb diets in the past, I lose weight fast but loose ALLOT of muscle.

Example of my current meals.
    6am Pre shake
    7:30 post shake
    9:00 1 slice wheat bread 1 can tuna
    11am MRP (Myoplex or mesotech)
    1pm 1 cup whole wheat spg.(or brown rice) some kind of protein(6-8 oz,chicken or beef or salmon)
    4pm Same as above
    7pm Same as above
    9ish 1/2 of myoplex or mestotech.....

I also add fats (almonds or natty PB to keep my fats up) I really dont add fats when I eat salmon)

More: I have a glucose meter to see what foods go.
    1hr after my post workout my blood level is 88mg/dl
    When I wake up fasted is around 100
    2hrs after 1 cup whole wheat spg/1 cup of lean beef its 69.

Is there a optimum time to check and how long after meals???

sorry so long and thanks.

Roc

Re: Lots of questions for some experts --long--

Originally posted by Theroc
    This is my current Pre and Post workout shake scenarios.

----I workout first thing in the morning. Wakeup at 6am have pre shake then off to the gym at 6:30am them left for a hour---

Weight Days
    PRE WORKOUT 1 scoop Dexrotose (34g) 1 scoop Whey (24g), 1 serv BCAA and HMB, 5g Glut, ~3g creatine.
    --50-60 mins wieghts--
    I don't really see any need in including both whey and BCAAs in your shake, since whey already has a high amount of BCAAs.

As far as pre-workout goes, you could probably cut down on the carbs a little, but I would not go any lower than 25g. As far as the protein in your preworkout shake, you could use either the whey or the BCAAs, and you could probably get away with 10-15g of protein, instead of the 24g.

POST Workout Same as above added a Vit C and Multi V.(Also Creatine is increased to 5g)
    Increase the amount of carbs in your postworkout shake to ~50g, and this can be dextrose, malto, or a combination of the two. If you were to go with more than 50g of carbs post workout, then it might be beneficial to go with 50/50 mixture of malto/dextrose.

There is no need to take two seperate doses of creatine, and you can just take ~5g either preworkout or post workout.

As far as the HMB goes, it might have some benefit at higher doses ~4g a day, but I would save my money.

Cardio Days I was doing the same exact thing but I want to lean up a little more so I changed to

Preworkout 1/2 banana and 1 scoop whey (24g) 1 serv BCAA and HMB, 5g Glut, ~3g creatine.
    You could decrease the protein, but I would not decrease the amount of carbs. I would still go with ~25g of carbs, since you are performing HIIT cardio.

Different topic:
    Should I try breaking my 6 meals down differently? 3 protien/carbs/ low fat and 3 protien/low carbs/hi fat.
    I like my current diet it lets me have energy, I have tried the low carb diets in the past, I lose weight fast but loose ALLOT of muscle.
    The whole food combining is just theory and overall calories should be more of a concern, not food combinations. You can store fat without the presence of insulin, thanks to ASP.

Example of my current meals.
    6am Pre shake
    7:30 post shake
    9:00 1 slice wheat bread 1 can tuna
    11am MRP (Myoplex or mesotech)
    1pm 1 cup whole wheat spg.(or brown rice) some kind of protein(6-8 oz,chicken or beef or salmon)
    4pm Same as above
    7pm Same as above
    9ish 1/2 of myoplex or mestotech.....
    You could add more carbs closer to your training sessions, and then for you later meals consume more fibrous veggies, etc. Also for the last meal of the day, make sure the MRP contains some slow digesting protein, or add something to slow the absorption of the shake (milk, fats, etc.)

More: I have a glucose meter to see what foods go.
    1hr after my post workout my blood level is 88mg/dl
    When I wake up fasted is around 100
    2hrs after 1 cup whole wheat spg/1 cup of lean beef its 69.

Is there a optimum time to check and how long after meals???
    The recommendations I have seen made to diabetics, is ~1.5 hous after they finsih conuming their meals.

Wannabebig Member
    Bradley.

Thanks!!! I will do!