Thread: bigger legs, please help!

Wannabebig New Member

bigger legs, please help!

. Here is the deal. I want to put mass on my legs. I'm female, 5'6 1/2, 120lbs. I need bigger legs! I have always had smaller legs and have been trying forever to bulk them up.

I work out legs twice a week with weights--- I currently do no cardio but running on occasion. I want to start running 4 times a week.

Will running counter act my work in the weight room?

Like-- will running keep my legs smaller? Will they grow? please help!

frustrated!

What is your usual leg workout?
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Wannabebig Member
    Good question, I myself used to have a problem with putting on size. One thing to remember is that maximizing gains is a combination of diet, work ethic, and rest. From what you've written it doesn't look like you're allowing enough time for rest. Also remember that as general rule heavier weights and less reps is better at adding size. My advice is to cut down on the running to maybe 2 times a week and you should start to see some gains in size. Best of luck!

-Mosul
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 164LBS
    Stage: Bulking

I would not run if you want bigger legs. Also I would work legs only once a week very intensely. Don't forget squats and dead lifts, the base builders for the legs. Good luck

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    squats, i dont think females should avoid them either, just do more reps, but still get a good work from them
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Why more reps?
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wannabebig New Member
    Here are my leg workouts, what I've been doing for awhile.

leg day 1

squats--i go heavy, but still do 15 reps... should i do less reps and add weight? i know the general rule for size is more weight less reps, but various people said thats with upper body

deadlifts

hack squat, or leg press-- leg press i switch up my feet positioning, and do like 8 reps of toes pointed in, 8 of toes pointed out, 8 of regular---3 times each

leg extension
    leg curl

leg day 2

reverse lunges
    butt blaster
    plie squats
    adductor
    abductor

now, what suggestions??
    thanks