Thread: Question. Leg Training While Doing Cardio.

Wannabebig Member

Question. Leg Training While Doing Cardio.

By looking at my moniker, one can tell that I'm a bit on the overweight side and thus need to "burn some calories" in order to lose it.

Here's my question. I do cardio six days a week and I've picked up Routine #1 in Wannabebig. Today is supposed to be my leg day, but my quads are feeling pretty sore from doing two days of cardio already.

Here's my cardio regimen. On days when I lift weights, I will do High Intensity (at least for me, maybe not some of the more fit folks in here ) Interval Training for twenty minutes. On days when I don't work out, I'll do one hour endurance training (I'm in law enforcement, so that is very important) by running on a treadmill at a decent pace (again, at least for me right now).

Well, as I said, my legs are kiling me right now, so I'm not sure if I should even attempt to do some squats. Should I just suck it up and go along with it, or should I not do leg training? I don't want to be one of those gym rats who have a nice upper body but their legs are an after thought because they do cardio.

So, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Take care.

Banned
    i think the squats and other stuff on leg day are more important than the cardio. are you posting in the diet forum? if not... do it.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks, bro. So I guess even though my legs are a bit sore, go with the squats and what not today and disregard the cardio until tomorrow?

Don't skip the squats. Just curious but what part of your legs hurt?

Edit- NM just reread, your quads hurt. Skip the cardio if you want you need the rest. See the thing is your quads should not hurt from doing cardio, well mine never do. Your body will eventually grow used to the cardio also, and this won't be an issue anymore. You could decide not to skip the cardio, and force your body to adapt if you really wanted to also. It's really up to you But taking a 1 day break won't be that bad, even though I can tell you are gonna feel guilty for doing it hehe.
    Last edited by Dedicated; 08-20-2003 at 09:48 AM.