Thread: Just got my new whey in the mail

Just got my new whey in the mail

Up till now I was using GNC 100% whey chocolate flavor. It didnt taste that great but it was no trouble getting used to it. But today arrived my new shipment of supplements which contained 100% whey powder made by Optimum Nutrition. I got 5lbs of double chocolate and 5lbs of chocolate mint. I opened the chocolate mint first and am sippin it now. I gotta say this stuff tastes pretty friggin good. You all might consider giving it a try sometime. Its good enough tasting that sipping is enjoyable. Now the GNC stuff, I would just chug that just to get it over with. So long GNC....i found a new supplier.

Wannabebig Member
    Do you add ice cubes when you mix?? I find that makes even the worst tasting shakes tolerable.....Except Myoplex Deluxe Strawberry. Its too disgusting for words.

i have tryed all the flavors of optimum 100% whey, besides pina colata and chocolate mint. i might have to give chocolate mint a try on my next order
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

No i dont add ice. But I do double the scoop amount. For instance Ill put 16oz cold water in a shaker then add 4 scoops instead of the recomended 2. Most of em say to add 1 scoop to 8oz water. I double that and add 1 scoop to each 4oz of water. Its 23g protien per scoop so 16oz water with 4 scoops mixes well and come out a little thicker. So that way each shake is 92g. i drink 2 of those each day, spreading them out over 4 to 6 consumptions.

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    184g of whey a day!?!

Originally posted by Magnus Musculus
    184g of whey a day!?!

yes...is there something wrong with that?

Well now you got me thinkin. I read the instructions on the container and it said for best results to consume 1 g protien per lb of body weight thru a combination of high protien foods and whey as a supplement. So I weigh 170lbs roughly. So the extra probably isnt hurting me but I might be wasting my money. I think ill cut it back to 6 scoops per day. Thats 23gx6=138g from whey. The rest I can get from foods. Thanks for calling me on that. It should save me a few bucks.

Whey aint all that, with exception for post-workout.

Whey has become highly pushed becuase of the supplement firms, i reccomend reading the 'Whey' article on the WBB main site.

B-R
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Hey Big-Ron..