Thread: Deadlift Crybabys

Deadlift Crybabys

I am going on my third workout partner now and for the third time in a row; I have someone crying about deadlifts. He kept saying the exercise was not right and that it messes up your back. He kept saying, “That does not look right”. Once again, I told them that we only do to sets so not to be a wuss. However, all he did was just shut down about that fact that they hurt your back. No matter what could not get him to do it. I know have three workout partners, which is a good number since these peeps keep ranking out on working out. This gives me a better number for the days I do not feel like working out. What bothers me is that they swear up and down that deadlifts are bad yet you can see they do not know what they are talking about. Some people will just never learn.

lol i have a training partner like that too. From the time i started doing deadlifts he was against it. His excuse.. "man i don't wanna mess up my back". lol

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Deadlifts can mess up your back....

If you are a friggen RETARD.
    w00t

:withstupi

Under Construction
    This is one of many reasons why I workout alone.
    Just one guy's opinion.

good one postal.lol

i guess the hunt goes on...
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

I just had a ten-minute argument with him about this. He kept insisting that it was a bad exercise. I told him it could be dangerous without proper form, but it is still a great exercise. We just around in circles. I then asked him to do some research on the subject and then he can argue his point. He did nothing but talk out his ass about it. I told him that I read many articles on the subject and even downloaded 20 videos to insure that I was doing it right. He kept saying I was doing it wrong. I then told him I could be doing it wrong, but has he seen anyone do it so he could compare what is right and what is wrong and he still kept arguing. I even told him to come check out the clips I had. If I am not doing it like them then I may have badly for and he could help me to determine that. He just kept saying it was wrong, that he took three classes in collage about weight training, and they told him exercises for your back are wrong. He got me all pissed off because he insisted that I not do them.

this is the only think you need to show him...
    www.wannabebig.com

he is in despert need, hurry
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Originally posted by mpi
    This is one of many reasons why I workout alone.
    Same here!

A friend I'm considering having as a workout partner asked me if I worked out chest. I was a little thrown off, and I asked why. He said he usually doesn't. It's funny what some people do or don't do at the gym. Just goes to show there's a lot of wrong thinking out there.

Personally I wouldn't argue about it with him. If he doesn't want to do it then he doesn't have to. Do them on your own. If that causes problems then don't work out with him. Your partner isn't always going to agree with you on things. You just have to work around it.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

The thing is he insists that I not do them. He is imposing his will on me. He is coming across like if it is an intervention. He says he is doing it for my good. I may not feel it now but I will when I get older. I was only deadlifting 260 pounds too so I don’t see what the big stink is. He kept telling me that it was wrong and that I need to stop. He would just not shut up about it.

Originally posted by Tim Nissen
    A friend I'm considering having as a workout partner asked me if I worked out chest. I was a little thrown off, and I asked why. He said he usually doesn't.....
    I think that is probably the first person in the world that doesn't work chest. I thought it was a weight room requirement along with biceps.
    5-9 170

Under Construction
    Originally posted by harryhoudini66
    I just had a ten-minute argument with him about this. He kept insisting that it was a bad exercise. I
    So you just wasted 10 minutes of gym time arguing when you could have completed deadlifting. So why do you need a partner if they are just going to waste your time? It seems to me that most people with workout partners spend way too much time in the gym bull$hitting, waiting between sets, arguing about what to do next etc. And then they force rep spot each other to death and call it a workout. It is not as if someone can spot you on a deadlift anyways. Why deal with this?
    Last edited by mpi; 08-19-2003 at 12:52 PM.
    Just one guy's opinion.

The ten minute argument was after the workout. When I posted the message he called me on the phone. When I go to the gym I go to workout no socialize.

Originally posted by harryhoudini66
    The thing is he insists that I not do them. He is imposing his will on me. He is coming across like if it is an intervention. He says he is doing it for my good. I may not feel it now but I will when I get older. I was only deadlifting 260 pounds too so I don’t see what the big stink is. He kept telling me that it was wrong and that I need to stop. He would just not shut up about it.
    Him not doing deadlifts is ok. Him saying they hurt your back is ok. But when he starts "imposing his will" that is when you should draw the line. I dunno maybe there is something wrong with me but when anyone tries to impose their will on me I simply cannot deal with it. Call me weak, crazy, antisocial, whatever, it's the one thing that really pisses me off. Goodluck man.