Thread: power/olympic lifting + diet

power/olympic lifting + diet

ok, so when school starts i'm going to go on a hardcore cutting diet to get rid of this fat. once i lose it i'll probably train to powerlift competitively but right now it is certainly keeping me from doing that

so i came up with a little plan, as for the diet i'll be consulting my aunt who is a nutritionist and former bodybuilder. as for the training, who else would i ask but you guys?

i want to combine something like westside and olympic lifting so that i can at least maintain my 1RMs or at worst lose minimally. i don't know much about load cycling, etc, but perhaps things like that could certainly help me out here. i dont know -- thats why im asking

as for routine, i was thinking something like this:

cardio 3 times a week, empty stomach, ~20-30 minutes

monday: clean, deadlift/back
    wednesday: hang clean and jerk, bench
    friday: snatch, squat

as far as HOW i should be lifting, i'm not sure. i want to absolutely maximize fat loss so i'm betting i'll get a bit weaker -- should i still do 1RMs? (i don't want to get hurt doing this, so i'm a little worried about 1RMing). should i do more dynamics and work on speed? etc etc.

any tips you guys have would be greatly appreciated

I'd train for your training goals. How you lift won't relaly affect your fat loss, and if you get things dialed in right, you can probably do OK maintaining your strength.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

is there any credibility to the higher-rep or circuit training for maximizing fat loss theories? maybe i would consider using the pink dumbbells for a short while if it meant less time strictly dieting.

train big while cutting to maintain muscle high weight low rep man