The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Alcohol and bodybuilding

No, obviously not simultaneously, but to what extent does drinking affect your gains? What if I were to get fairly drunk every week? Would that inhibit my progress in a big way?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

"As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Re: Alcohol and bodybuilding

Originally posted by dyslexic_banana
    What if I were to get fairly drunk every week? Would that inhibit my progress in a big way?
    Yes.

bench, deadlift & eat!!!!! Mic Soloist's Avatar
    hasn't hurt mine at all. Just don't do it everyday.

-mic-
    Current Stats

24 years old

5'10 220 pounds

Waist: 38 Shoulders 56 Chest: 47 Arms (cold): 17.5 Forearms: 13.5 Quads: 26.5 Calves: 16.5 Neck: 17.5

PR's

BB Bench: 315 @ 215
    Squats: 410 @ 205 (last winter)
    Deads 515 @ 214
    Total: 1240

My Journal:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...&page=16&pp=25

My AIM: MSOLOIST

Intensity: Lunch comes up! And breakfast! MET- Rx! Egg whites! Hot Stuff! Designer Whey! Yohimbe! Coenzyme Q! L-Carnatine. MTCs. OKG. All immersed in a mixture of stomach acids that peels the ivory off your teeth.

Wannabebig Member
    how can you say it hasnt hurt your gains at all? how do you know you wouldnt of made better gains if you werent drinking? obviously drinking has a negative impact on your gains.

Originally posted by spl_373
    how can you say it hasnt hurt your gains at all? how do you know you wouldnt of made better gains if you werent drinking? obviously drinking has a negative impact on your gains.
    I agree. I think we'll all agree on 1 thing, it's definately not going to contribute you to making better gains. I cut my drinking down to getting drunk probably once every 2 or 3 weeks, on average a few times a month depending on if one of my friends has a party or if we go to the bars-and I never get so wasted that I puke.

Getting so drunk that you force your body to puke is horrible on your entire body, expecially when getting big is hard enough-let alone when you tear your body down like that on a regular basis.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

My gains are much much better when I dont drink. In fact it makes such a difference I prefer not to drink unless its a special occasion then I get very drunk and make the most of my cheating!:evillaugh

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks for the replies. I have a question: Tomorrow night, I am off out drinking......will probably get at least a little drunk. Anyway, would it be best to workout today, or just leave working out until Monday (i.e. when my inevitable hangover has cleared)? I mean, will it be futile to work out today, only to get drunk tomorrow night, in terms of muscle gain? Would it make more sense just to leave it?

Never work out the day after, your body is trying to recover from the drinking, the last thing it needs if more stress.